What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just Another Saturday

CBB, go away.


M made me promise I won't spend a net worth of $100 excluding essentials (train fare, food, etc.) if I bought The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Shucks *insert unhappy pout*

But I returned the MAC eyeshadow I got, and bought another one so I'm on -$8! HEHEHE.

Anyway.

Although I detest the waking up at 4:30am aspect of my temp job, I do love the location at the centre of the CBD; Martin Place. Firstly, it's a 2min max walk to the first and formerly only Lindt Cafe in the world (the second being a 30min walk at The Rocks, I believe?). Reila thinks Max Brenner is better than Lindt, but I still contest to its superiority in texture and flavour - MB is a bit too sweet, and not as smooth and light as Lindt, but MB is richer in flavour.

Secondly, I'm right next door to Gringotts a.k.a. The Commonwealth Bank. As a semi-HP fanatic, this fact is uber cool. Maybe when they shoot the scenes in Deathly Hallows, they'll come back to Sydney to shoot! :D AND I'LL BE ABLE TO SEE RUPERT GRINT, MAYBE?!

xD

I hate Daniel Radcliffe, can't act for shizzle.

Thirdly, you get to witness awesome events strolling around Martin Place, like on my toilet breaks. Today I saw a model posing in front of Tiffany & Co. in super cold weather, and when the camera stopped rolling she was shivering and clutching her body. Poor thing. And remember the flashers? Yeah.

My mother got a free box of cereal once.

o_O

And on Valentine's Day this year I got a Fling. Yummers, but really similar to Kinder Bueno.

LOL I realised the name is rather appropriate. Kudos to Mars Inc.

Yes, I would very much like to work in the city.

I then had a jellyfish, fatty pork (EW FATS) and raw vege salad for lunch since the rents rejected my idea of a healthy alternative. I'm attempting to follow the Atkin's diet of very little carbs and fat, lots of protein for a few weeks. Let's see if this works in conjunction with gym.

I hauled my arse to Parramatta Westfields for gym, just because I promised M and J I would go. It had nothing to do with me making the most of my money. I am very proud of myself thank you very much. Unfortunately my muscles were still in pain from yesterday's intense session and I couldn't do much other than treadmill. The sauna was relaxing until a guy made it unbearably hotter, and I started getting a little faint and dizzy. Thank God that's over now, no matter how good it was for the body. It's all because I stayed up until 1 last night watching the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony. Bloody Aussies third last wtf T_T 3hrs sleep then work, and gym afterwards.

AREN'T I SUCH A GOOD GIRL?

I feel bad now because I shared a pasta with M. I ate carbs. I broke Atkin's, and it's only been 12hrs.

-__________________________________-

The three of us took ages to decide where to eat, so it was decided that we should give Toscani's another try despite the failed attempt the first time. It was much busier today and we got a crap table near the door and as I said, it was a freaking freezing day and night.

Table number! I love recording them for some strange, obsessive reason. It tells me where I've been in a way.


28 today.

Before we could say anything, Josh ordered 3 lemon lime bitters, on him. We paid for them in the end -_-



M and la drink. It's a pretty tea colour, and you have to mix it with the bitters at the bottom. See how the bottom of the glass is clear liquid?

It's already mixed by now though. The first time J had it, he didn't know and kept saying the drink wasn't that great, too bitter.
T_T Aish.

I was trying to get a decent one of me sipping too. M wanted to take it for me but kept messing up so I just gave her a glare in the end, which worked. My camera doesn't like me at all.

J tried to get us to share his Garlic Bread with Cheese.



Why do I always take it when people are making weird faces xD

M and I finally caved. We halved it.

Picture of the bar. See how many people there were?



Josh ate a Garlic and Chili Prawn Pizzette. He took out all the capsicum - what a waste! This was the only one I took of the food because I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic when our pasta came and ate it all up like greedy fat...nevermind.

I don't even know how to spell our meal. Chicken something, it tasted almost like Napolitana sauce, not quite as "tomato-y"* as Bolognese, but creamy enough because of the cheese. It came with chicken bits which M claimed weren't very tender, and bacon strips in penne rigatta pasta.
I know my pasta, sort of >_> Mother used to work at an Italian grocer in the heart of Leichhardt.

Sharing pasta wasn't satisfying and I was still pretty hungry, but the drink filled the emptiness temporarily.


I don't waste food at least, unlike Vivien and Josh.
Look!
Guess what it is.
It's a Cosmopolitan.
Weeeee.
After months and Sex and the City, I finally got my grubby paws on one of these notoriously girly of all girl's drinks. When we first saw it, it did look disappointing because I was expecting something more blood red.

I finally noted that it didn't have enough cranberry juice (imo) since I could only taste sweetness and vodka. Horrible aftertaste (duh, vodka) but if you down it faster, nothing! Sweet :) Literally speaking.


This was the last photo we could take before the cam ran out of batteries, leaving the lens stuck outside in all its glory.

It's so not my fault of the lens is scratched, camera should be smart enough to use up it's last juices to shut itself down properly.

We finally got around to paying the bill and after swapping money and annoying Josh with all our coins, we finally split it and paid him so he can use his credit card with one purchase. He didn't like the coins very much and took them all out and poured all over the table.

There was a massive amount of coins.

We laughed so hard M's stomach was hurting. You had to be in the moment to understand, but Josh's pained expression coupled with the dramatic cascade of too many coins to carry was definitely hilarious. I was miffed that I couldn't photograph the stash of coins.

It was fun though :)

Now to clean my awful room...

2 comments:

Midori said...

omg you can totally see my unstraightened ugly hair in that photo....

ButterflyCoffin said...

You guys seem to be having a world of fun >o>;