What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Buys in August

I know I said I wouldn't buy anything over $100 (+$8) if I got The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Well, technically I didn't lie. I've only bought a shirt around $20, a book $19 and...I forget, but the point is I didn't break my promise.

Honest.

I met up with Kebu on Thursday (as usual, at the usual) and after deliberating for...a few hours over what book I should buy using my 20% voucher at Borders, I finally sucked up my perfectionism and bought this:



I finished reading it the day I bought it.

I bought this at around 4pm.

Yes, I am an Artemis Fowl fan. But I have to admit the books are going downhill ever since the 4th book. Bad guys who turn into good guys = gross. I'm such a sadist.

The next item I am showing you is rather personal.

And girly.

And Kebu if you're reading this you might want to turn around.

This is what I bought, but I didn't pay because mother bought it for me. SO IT WASN'T MY MONEY AND IT DOESN'T COUNT HAHHAHA.



It's an epilator! Click for ye olde Wiki.





I got this at Bing Lee at Rhodes Shopping Centre ala "the Ikea place". I was debating whether I should buy this one or a smaller, travel sized one that was pink and heart shaped, to my utmost horreur. Plus it was the last one in a ripped box, so I got this one instead even though it was $30 more.

I got it for $20 off because mother knows someone who works there and she mentioned it to the salesperson, who gave us the discount without us knowing :D!

$129.90 down to $109.90. Not bad eh?



That is actually a small brush for me to clean the epilator.

What the?



Came with a pouch to keep it in and a loofah to 'prepare' your skin? I don't really get it since you only use loofah's during a shower and you can't use the epilator in water.

So I'm supposed to use it on dry skin.

...

Ouch. Better use it after a shower then.

I decided to get one of these contraptions after reading how many Asians have it. "Many Asians" meaning Hui Wen and Xx. Is it just me or are both of these bloggers' names related to M?

Oh my god, it is.

>________________________>

That's all for today. I relatively short post. I'll update when I've used this thing and tell you guys how painful it went.

Anything for beauty.



Um, yes. Berocca. Just because it was effervescing in a cool way.

Did I mention I'm over Atkin's now? It's a happy happy day at 61.6kg!

And did I also mention that I'm procrastinating really really badly, that I have a big assignment due next week that needs 15 sources and I don't even have a research topic yet? Not to mention homework.

I got a new bookshelf that finally matches the colour of my other furniture in me room. I gave up trying to convince grandfather to give back my old, pretty one since he doesn't like change. This one is small and ugly, but it'll do for holding my ever expanding book collection. It doesn't help that most are hardback and take up lots of space.

Ciao, bellas.

6 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

OMG, B is so lucky, she has almost hair-less-looking-legs =D

No painful stuff ^__^

Book looks tacky. Theme sounds...dodgy.

And you, you're lying to yourself! Bad S bad!

Serena said...

My legs are also almost hairless. High five!

Unfortunately, I can't say so for other parts of my body.

The book IS tacky. I hate this edition of the cover, but it's the only one available in Australia so far and I can't be bothered waiting 3 weeks for the US version (which looks heaps better). And I might as well continue this edition since I already have another in the same. So pissed off at that, I like my editions ALL THE SAME. I think I can snag some cheap hardback HP 1-3 now.

I loved Arty >: When he was cruel and acted more like a man than a boy. Now he's just a boy, psha!

Midori said...

I saw the shaver shop catalogue the other day (for father's day specials) there's like some electrolysis hair remover too O_O it's weird but apparently after enough applications you can be completely hair free forever.. or something... Also saw a cheaper $50ish epilator maybe i should try XD

PS Berocca makes my pee yellow and makes me pee a LOT (like alcohol >.>)

Serena said...

Berocca makes me pee yellow too! D<

...TMI xD

Kevin said...

-wants epilator-

; ;

Because I don't want to wax my bikini line when I want to wear normal briefs and not have people notice a Mexican moustache coming out of them when I'm changing into my keikogi before kendo training.

...

TMI?

XP

Serena said...

Definitely TMI omg T_T