What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Meeting. Learning. Growing. Together.

I love CoFA.

It's everything I had hoped it to be. And truth is, my hopes weren't high. Not high, but enough.
Enough for me to find what I want. Or maybe it's what I need, I'm not sure.

I wanted an environment, a community of people. I wanted to meet other artists. Other people who aimed at a similar direction. Others who I could step in line with. People I could hold hands with and learn, and grow - together.

Finding just one is enough to make me feel as though I belonged.

(Skip below if not interested in the artistique etc. etc~)


I first met Su at SMASH, though to be honest I didn't notice her specifically with the rest of the people I was introduced to. I first noticed her in the Digital Composite lecture. It was an utterly useless lecture, and dull to the worse extent. That's why I was drawing over Amy's lecture pad. To be fair, she was writing on my drawing paper. From the other side, Su drew over Amy's lecture pad as well.
I noticed her lines were practised and smooth. Way too smooth. Damn, I always wanted lines like that.
However, the image looked rather generic, and it was possible that she couldn't draw anything else. Too often I am disappointed like that.

We ended up discussing our graphics tablets on the pad, (Amy wanted one) and to continue our chat, Su told me to ask Eve for her email.

That I did...a week later. I helped her set up a paintchat in OC1.1, and off we went. I showed off with a little Kaito (What else do you expect?) in the corner (as usual, I am rather arrogant y'know).
She watched a bit before making her own little doodles in the middle of the canvas. Damn she was fast =(

Well, that was fun. I suggested we do it again. You see, I rarely look up to another artist's art, and having someone I respected also respect me is more than a slightly difficult situation. That's why this time, I suggested a collaboration image. Two great artists are better than one right?

Right?

I had never been more right. Our opposing art styles couldn't compliment each other better. I look forward to finishing our collab, creating more images in the future, and learning from her =)

Me and Su, drawing Kaito and Dragon

1 comment:

Serena said...

:O!

But I've always thought your lines were smoothe, albiet sketchy. But smoothe in a different way. And you can always clean it up.