What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Week Builds Up

So tired, I'm not listening to anything except C-Pop, not reading and I want sleep.


I haven't blogged due to fatigue. Last week, work was tiring. I had to be up and working at 4:25am for three days. It is hell. I meant to do an editorial *coughfeaturearticlecough* but I just felt uninspired after a few days so I dropped it. I have other chances to display my sound intelligence and striking wit ;)

Following the path of career, today was my first day working. I got offered a chance to gain work experience in the media field - how exciting and totally my thing. I thought I would spend my first day being an Office Lady, paperwork, cheap coffee and seating my ass at a computer all day typing.

Oh.

How wrong, how wrong.

Instead, I was sent to the new shopping centre at Chinatown to help out at a major Chinese karaoke competition with the production staff as part of the show's public relations. If anyone has satellite, you might see me on TVBA. Seriously. I'm the girl handing the judges the folders.

I was given a 'uniform' and a badge thing - think Eminence, M. My name was on the staff list, as an administration assistant. I was on 'standby' most of the time though xD I never knew I'd be involved with something this significant.

FREE FOOD, DRINKS AND KARAOKE SESSIONS!!

I stayed in the Green Room as the guard during the competition. In the end, I was singing karaoke with co-workers and superiors. It was 8:30pm by then and I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to Minglez's birthday. I wasn't released until 9, and it would've been 10 by the time I arrived at Parra. I was the youngest there, felt so left out because of that and everyone spoke fluent Cantonese D: Everyone seemed to be from Hong Kong, including my new friend, a 23 year old college graduate called Nirvana. It was okay. They all knew how to speak decent, if not better English.

I like this job!

The people are so friendly and lax. If I'm thirsty and want a drink, my superior will order one delivered to the Green Room for me. MUAHAHA. Did I mention food and drinks were free? If I was bored, I was allowed to take a mic and sing until the next time I'm needed. No wonder I'm not getting paid!

Other than the idle perks to this 'job', developing contacts is the most valuable thing an ambitious person can have. I consorted with television producers and advertising agents. I talked to Cameron, a graphics artist from TVBA who studied digital media at UNSW. Hint hint, B! I got an offer of a part time job with someone or another. I'm getting offered jobs that I don't even know the title to.

I go back on Thursday and Sunday for 2nd and 3rd rounds :)

Contacts.

Jin may be socially well connected, but I have industry!

*head inflates to match high and mighty ego*

I shouldn't be so proud of myself. Afterall, I placed career over social life. Is this a foreshadowing of years to come?

I couldn't leave early, so I stayed to be treated to dinner. The last time I ate was at 2-3pm.

The restaurant was called Port Orient, and it had succulent roast duck.
Let me begin the menu:


Fried rice with prawn, scallops, chives and crab roe. Not quite your typical fried rice.

Beef cubes in a sweet, dark sauce with wasabi mayonnaise dip. Best thing ever. The meat was tender, the sauce was sweet and savory at the same time. The dip was mayonnaise with a tiny hint of wasabi, but it wasn't hot at all. It was just right.

Honey and black pepper marinated pork chops with button mushrooms. Think of fried pork chops you get at Asian places, imagine it dripping with honey with a sliver of peppery-ness. Outside was crunchy, inside was soft and easy to bite. Yum. My second favourite dish.

Roast duck. Your normal roast duck, only the meat was so juicy. I may be exaggerating =p

Assorted mushrooms and green leafies in oyster sauce, I think. I love mushroom!

Tofu bag stuffed with vegetables. It was literally a tofu bag. A sack made of tofu skin, tied with something green. It looked so cool. Everyone thought it was abalone.

Normal stir fried beans and peas, the long round Asian ones and the flat, fat ones. Mixed with beef mince.

Do I hear sighs?

I forgot to mention the waterfront and Darling Harbour skyline night view from the window right in front of me.

D:

Expensive.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera.

I forgot what I wanted to talk about now...

Oh well. So that was my day. I start at 10am tomorrow at the office, with proper paperwork this time. I got home at 11pm tonight.

I can take next week off to go on the ski trip.

I remember now. I got home and saw one of my massive envelopes with one of my assignments back.

What's the best way to end such an eventful day?

Coming home to a Distinction (80) in Writing as Communication.

~~~

` Serena

5 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

Wow, you seemed to have had an awesome time.
I'm jealous >:

Serena said...

I'm at work now D: I need stuff to do (surfing the net gets boring).

Yes it was quite fun :3

Midori said...

I'm tearing up on the inside cuz i'm so happy for you T_T

Your life seems grande. Lets go eat at that place! How expensive is it. did you have to pay =\?

Lol it totally reminds me of eminence/animania.

I envy you! *sniff sniff

Serena said...

I think I mentioned it several times that food and drinks are on the house (company), including drinks at the office!

Anonymous said...

i started skipping the bit about food in case i got hungry XD
really happy for you!!! i love free stuff XD