What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Visual Update!

Yup! You know what time it is! It's B-presents-her-drawings time!
Yes, I know you're all very excited for this moment. In fact you're all so awed that you're practically speechless.

No but honestly, it reminds me of the days when I used to hand my folder over, and everyone would just browse through it. It's sort of a habit now...

Firstly, I finished the sketch you saw here:
Fly towards the future Kaito-nii!

Isn't he precious? I've got him as my wallpaper, and it makes me smile every time. Which is a bad thing because it ups the Kaito love.

Secondly, I want to show you this:
Free her...

This is my new avatar for this name: Butterfly-Coffin. (Yes, I have others)
Butterfly Coffin. A rather curious combination of words you say. Well, not really, not if you know a little history.
Back in Ancient Greece, the word "psyche" meant soul - and also butterfly. Hence the butterfly, having a readily recognisable physical form, was commonly used to represent the soul in artworks. (Because, as you may imagine, a soul is rather difficult to depict)
If you take a closer look at the butterfly, the top wings have an ankh on them. An ankh meaning eternal life in this case.
Then on the bottom wing, there is a skull. A skull meaning death.

There is only one difference between eternal life and death, and that is their connotations

The picture is called 'Release'. I can't tell you what it's really about, but butterfly-coffin, I can confirm for you, is not a negative view on death.

1 comment:

Serena said...

No I don't think it's negative, although the connotations certainly are. You are not the emo type :)

The Japanese use butterflies to symbolise death, don't they? Or did they just take the Greek meaning.

I HAVE INTERNET D: