What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Strangers on the Street

I just got home from uni and something strange happened to me on the way home.

So I was walking up the hill to my house, you know opposite the museum path with 4 lane traffic to my left when suddenly a shiny red car pulls up next to me. Luckily no traffic around where it usually does have a lot of traffic. So this guy motions for me to go closer to him. At first I was hesitant thinking "STRANGER DANGER!" See the stuff at school taught me well XD But then my kind compassionate self thought "hmm what if he's lost?" So I take a few steps back and go towards his car taking care not to be too close to his door... Here is the convo as follows with my thoughts in green:

Him: hi what uni do you go to?
Me: Sydney (I was caught off guard about his question so I just replied...)
Him: ah.... ok...
Me: (does he recognise me from uni or something? I don't remember this Indian guy that looks mid/late 20s at all =\)
Him: I see you walk this path often and I was wondering if we could be friends.
Me: er..... no thanks..... (wtf stalker???)
Him: Just normal friends! I just want to be normal friends with you!

I start walking away saying no while he shouts he wants to be friends.

I should have said I don't befriend strangers/stalkers... >.>

Luckily I was walking in the opposite direction of traffic so he couldn't follow me and after a few metres I looked back and he was gone.

Creepy... this is the 2nd time a guy has tried to "be my friend" while I was walking in my suburb....

PS unrelated. GG was so good!!! Love Chuck!!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

I talk to randoms, but I don't want to be their friends. They just track me down on facespace. Creepy.

Serena said...

OMFG I would've just kept walking O_O

But then again, I live in Auburn xDD

Anonymous said...

facespace? o___o'

i find this really funny... "i jsut want to be your friend! "
okay, well, BE SAFE.

(let's see, I'd think public transport would be a better way to make 'stranger' friends.)

Kevin said...

I was supposed to go to Auburn to do something... something to do with food...