What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Time

I recommend everyone go and splurge at Din Tai Fung :D

My camera is out of batteries (go figure, isn't it always?) so I didn't take it with me to work. There are no photos of my day in the City, but I can always use imagery.

The parentals and I went to eat lunch before seeing their accountant. Since it's in the City anyway I wanted to go to Din Tai Fung for a proper, free meal yesterday :D

I had the recommended Braised Beef in Noodle Soup which was pretty good. The soup was really dark, which Mother thought was suss, but it tasted damn good k. We sat on table 52, 1 of 2 (I REMEMBER!) and ordered $80 worth of food.

$80 is so much for 3 people at an Asian restaurant D:

But in retrospect, it was worth it. I'm telling you guys to get the Prawn and Pork Dumplings, which are moon-shaped and also filled with hot soup like the xiao long bao but bigger and much more satisfying. Another thing are the desserts: fried crumbly bread wrapped around smooth red bean paste *drool* and mango flavoured sweet ice.

I love red bean paste, but not red beans. I prefer black sesame but omg, yum. Gooey red bean paste and beautiful, golden, crunchy fried bread encasing it.

The sweet ice was something Mother wanted the first time we went, but not available for takeaway. I saw the table next to us from here eating it and it was...big. A warning to Mother. We bought it anyway and it was just like eating really really cold, crunchy mango icecream!

It was a tower of shaved ice, smothered in custard cream, mango puree and mango pieces, then topped with mango icecream and garnished with mint leaves. Thinking about it makes me ecstatic. I feel like eating it now O_O

Comes in strawberry too, which I'll try next.

Omg I want dessert now.

Afterwards we went window shopping at Queen Victoria Building, where I dragged them off to look at Pandora and tried to convince Mother to get a bracelet. We're both suckers for shinies. The Father went to Swarovski to look around, but there was nothing there that interesting, though Mother said she'll buy me that pretty floral tiara as a wedding gift =_=

WHEN CAN I GET MARRIED??!! :D:D:D

And to whom T_T I want that tiara!

Too bad I didn't get another charm to add to my bracelet. Ah, the lamentations of a poor University student!

Family time, a rare occasion in the Dee household. Despite arguments over lost money matters, it will always be better again with a noogie.

I'm talking about Porkie being ripped off $100 for a package that never arrived, and Mother going on and on and on about it. She never shuts up T_T It's all better now, and they've gone out to Officeworks.

Why is today so hot D:

And where's Freya gone again...

3 comments:

Midori said...

My family really wanted to try the drunken chicken last time but they didn't have any....

The peanut noodles we had was a bit bland =\ and that other noodle with sauce also a bit bland.

Oh next time you must eat the golden taro bread dessert. The one that's encased in this crunchy bread batter outside. omg it's so good!!!! The taro is very fresh tasting and you know they made the paste for it themselves. A plate only had 4 or 5 so i could only have 1 amongst my family =(

Also cold tofu with pork floss is also really good.

Lol i think among the 2 of us families we ate practically the whole menu XD

Serena said...

I don't like taro =/

I had the silken cold tofu last time. I loves me some preserved eggs <3 Omg must go back and eat more desserts, they are so good. I was going to get the peanut noodle soup! Good thing I didn't :O

Midori said...

but it was so nice taro!

Hmm they have a red bean version maybe a black sesame version not sure. Peanut noodles wasn't that bad but yeh it wasn't superb this other one i think with the meat also similar concept was really bland though don't try that -.-

lol din fung tai has become a family place XD