What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Birthday Post 2

That's right 2nd post!!! (On my birthday that was a week ago >.>)

Too many photos in other one hard to arrange. Think of it this way last post was one post dedicated JUST to you guys =)

(Yes yes I saved this in draft before.. got caught up with studies but no one has to read it, it's for my own memory benefit XD)

WAIT....

Start with day before my birthday.....

7/10/08

Mr. D's birthday =) I sorta had one thing planned... Give him my swan in a jar thingy (don't have a photo of it but it's ugly... looked better when i was thinking about how to do it >.>)

As I sat in the library though waiting for him to finish I thought (mostly as a last minute thing) that since he finished so late we should have dinner out! And what birthday dinner is complete without a birthday cake.

While shopping for a cake at broadway I bumped into Jie and she realised her assignment/research thing was due the next day and she hadn't started.. which sent a huge panic around so we ended up at the library for an extra 30min after D finished -.-. Loooooong story.

But we did end up going to this tiny Italian restaurant to eat cuz he wanted to go there before and I wanted to go cuz we keep eating at Asian places now for some reason -.- Turns out the owners at the Italian restaurant were Asian anyway T_T

I had a veal fettucinni while D had some chicken pesto thingy. Quite tasty and filling esp. with our iced chocolates! Yum yum (no photos >.>) Afterwards i brought out the cake and the store was so nice they even had a candle for us (D only wanted 1 cuz he didn't wanna be old.....)! We were the only customers in the whole store XD But it was barely 6 then so yeh...

Here's a picture of birthday boy =)




Day of My Birthday
The morning started off horribly with this guy in the way of a possible seat on the train (long angry story again -.-) Then minglez was late so I walked all by myself to uni that day (usually I go with minglez okay >.>). After my lecture D tricked me into thinking he'd lost his safety glasses for his lab -.- but atually he wanted to give me my birthday present =)

Ta da!!!

Okay to you it might look like a bunch of dead flowers and an elephant >.>

But the elephant is for the fact that I refuse to celebrate me getting older T_T. And the flowers cuz I like flowers but I don't like how they die... and the frame cuz I said I wanted a frame... but for my paintings XD

Anyway it's super cute =)

Everyone had class so I plonked myself on a patch of grass and slept for an hour until my next class -.- (I seem to be able to sleep anywhere now... lectures, tutorials, library, standing up on trains... grasses, benches...)

Rest of the day was pretty boring went to lectures etc. After all my days lessons finished D had waited for me and we went home on train. He goes he had nothing planned which was good since my parents wanted to take me out to dinner...

At the train station he gave me these and this big yummy strawberry mochi. He goes while waiting for me he went browsing around from Townhall to Broadway for something I might like... my question. Did all the things he thought I would like have to be food T_T Seriously am I that much of a food lover >.>



Whne I got home my brother and sister greeted me with this lovely card. My sister said I was "the best sister anyone can have in the world" AWWWW *gets teary* :'( And my brother made one of those poems with each letter of my name XD

My dad gave me this but my mum was the one who went out and bought it. Sis goes it took her 2hrs to decide -.-


Isn't it pretty!!??? It's so sparkly too. It's actually one necklace not 2.

Afterwards we went out to dinner at Auburn. That seafood restaurant upstairs at auburn opposite DSW.

Here's the place:


They had a pretty chandelier but it didn't photo good -.- And my sister there eating XD


Oysters! They were really cheap that day! and my dad loves oysters -.- My bro wanted pippies but they didn't have any =\


2 Course fish. This was alright dad thought it was fresh steamed fish when he ordered it but oh well. It still had bone in it though which was the bad part.


Beef and Bean stir fry. This is the best beef dish... omg.. that beef was crispy O_O The layers are really thin and they some how made it so crispy! yum yum.


Some roasted pork thing. The bones were so soft you could eat it. They wrapped like the meat in the foil and cooked it for ages. Mum didn't like it she goes it tastes like caned meat -.- I reckon it was alright =\. Yes this picture got taken when it was almost finished...


Other course of fish. wtf why are they so similar -.-


Since my bro couldn't have his pippies he wanted some crispy fried chicken.


I dunno since when but i have recently accumulated a lot of black items -.- and silky like items ... This top made me think gladiator for some reason... And wearing the necklace I got =3

Oh on the way there we got caught by police -.-. My dad cbb driving 2 cars and with 6 people my brother sat infront of me/on my lap and strapped us both into the one seatbelt. We went to get some petrol and just so happens that a police car pulls up to also load some petrol... anyway as we were about to leave they spotted us. The policewoman was downright angry saying "do you want your son flying out the windscreen cuz when you have an accident he will and I'll have to be the one cleaning up!" I was so tempted to tell her my bro was strapped in with me but I didn't wanna make things worse >.> My dad got off with a warning on his card so if he does it again and the police catch him his license is removed straight away. -.-

Next DAY!
I think D felt bad for not taking me anywhere on my birthday so searched up and down for a place to take me to eat (yes everyone keep stuffing me with food T_T) Finally he found a place in Surry Hills where he want to take me to have dessert.

Bodega a Spanish Tapas restaurant.

Instead we had this:

Chorizo sandwich. This was so oily.... but oh so goood!

Since we couldn't find any dessert on the menu besides this we had it. It's like.. caramel in a shortbread. It's quite nice! The caramel is rich but not too overbearingly sweet and the shortbread was the right amount of crumbliness.

After we left we realised there was an adjacent place same name.. connected -.- and there sitting at a table facing the window.. was a kid with a big cup of chocolaty goodness dessert T_T

2 comments:

Serena said...

D actually looks cute in that pic o_O He lives up to his pretty boy status. Lol.

You need more meat and it is our job to put you in a healthier weight range! I don't like Min yue Restaurant, the stuff isn't that great and Yum Cha there is only so-so. I also had that pork dish last time! And omg police! That's 2 posts on grongbit involving police! We are so bad lol.

You'd think you'd eat something more Spanish (like Tapas?) at a Spanish tapa place >.>

Midori said...

You guys didn't give me meat T_T

Min yue's seafood ain't bad =\

Yeh i dunno i don't remember seeing tapas on the menu.. chorizos are Spanish!!!

Btw why not comment on D's present!!!

(and pretty boy wtf?)