What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm Back

So Emille lives on.

Yay.

My graphics card died out. The warranty ran out by a week too -_-

So to anyone who still comes here, refer to older posts for pictures. This post will be a review on the mochi I bought over a week ago.

On the left is the mango daifuku. I just have to mention to everyone to GET THIS SUCKER because it is SO DAMN GOOD. There is a thin layer of mochi, and inside is mango flavoured mousse and a few mango pieces. It is pleasantly sweet, not overbearing, but oh so soft. You bite into it and it's just *melt*



I can't say the same for the green tea daifuku. To red bean lovers this may do, but I didn't like the green tea mousse one bit. Inside is a large portion of green tea mousse, with a centre of red beans.

The green tea truffle mochi is also mediocre. I guess I'm jsut not a fan of green tea, but the chocolate one...mm, quite nice. Next time I will only buy chocolate ones, and at $1.50 a piece is not dreadfully expensive.




This is the jumbo one-of-everything mochi set.

I do not recommend ANY of the flavours except brown sugar mochi with black sesame.

They all suck.



Like seriously. This was the biggest disappointment. Firstly, I liked none of the green tea flavoured things offered by Shu Shin Bou, and the brown sugar mochi were passable. The yoghurt and fruit flavoured ones were so overwhelming creamy, I could not take it and it took me many days to finish it, forcing myself to keep eating. It is that bad.


Next is Gift From God, a sweet made with the skin of persimmon covering a thin layer of mochi with a centre of caramelised red beans.



This is my second favourite mochi.

It is divine. The persimmon skin is crisp and soft, before biting into a amazingly soft mochi (all of Shu Shin Bou's mochi are extremely soft and mouthwatering texture-wise, just not the flavours). Inside the red beans are sweet, and gooey but in a good way!





It also comes in its own little paper basket, and makes a very cute present! ;)



So that's my review on the mochi. Hopefully it can shorten the list to choose from. And remember, this is purely my opinion and experience; opinions change over time and vary from person to person.

Remember that.

6 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

Waaaao, the mochi looks so damned delicious >w<

Midori said...

How come your persimmon mochi looks like meat pie >.>

Mine had more layers =/

The persimmon one was alright.. not great... then green tea one was alright too. The chocolate truffle one was quite good.

I reckon their mochi layers are too thin.. i like chewy thick layers of mochi but that's just me..

I'm at Uni atm! (being bored waiting for D -.-)

Serena said...

The flash washed it out...but as I described, it has 3 layers. I totally agree the mochi layer is TOO THIN. I also like thick layers of chewy mochi-ness.

I jigged Uni today :D

I'm tired okay -_-

Anonymous said...

Yo, I jig uni everyday.

Where'd you get these? o.O... wow didn't know they make mochi like that...

lol that persimmon one looks kinda disheveled but I'm sure it tastes nice, I must try some.

Anonymous said...

Yo, I jig uni everyday.

Where'd you get these? o.O... wow didn't know they make mochi like that...

lol that persimmon one looks kinda disheveled but I'm sure it tastes nice, I must try some.

Anonymous said...

oops sry double post o.O