What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, October 24, 2008

I Love Fridays

I love Fridays for many reasons.

1. finish at 1pm which isn't the earliest of my days but...
2. It's good to finish Friday uni early
3. It's also good to start late cuz I skip the 8am lecture
4. I see minglez Fridays, actually have a class with her she doesn't miss (yeh go on Huimin etc etc) but as my lonesome self at uni I need company >< buddies
5. I get to see my boy Fridays and we usually go out to eat/watch movies/hang out outside of uni. the ONLY day of the week we hang out outside uni -.-
6. Friday = seeing gym buddies which is always fun =)also makes me feel less guilty about what I indulged in before XD
7. After gym we might go eat out/max brenner =)
8. typing this again cuz stupid blog deleted it AGAIN now I forgot my no. 8 reason...
9. Usually Friday night I get a bit of uni work done after feeling accomplished at the gym XD
10. Friday night movies sometimes... but also getting to sleep later =)

So there's 10 reasons! But this Friday I was especially excited =)



Waking up late means I can try and put something nice together to wear. I actually have eyeliner on but you can't see XD But if you compare to other photos area around my eyes look darker... my fringe is growing long too! but in a nice way.. sorta .. no one else likes it -.-

Grey dress with ruffle sleeves that you can't see cuz it was cold outside ><. Wore a belt or else I look like I have a grey sack over my head. Black/blue thigh length socks cuz I had a chemical spill on my normal stockings that caused 20+ holes in one knee. Bad choice cuz once I started walking it started slipping.. luckily I wore boots so hid the part that fell down into boots so for rest of day I had knee length socks -.- Had on my rustic looking button earring but you can't see it =( and my starfish necklace!



Anyway lol. just had the camera in my room and wanted to show you guys my new mirror! Went IKEA to buy this cuz I was sick of standing on the toilet seat and breaking it >.> Mirror as you can see is white framed.. matches my cupboard next to it. Now I can be narcissistic and check myself out every morning.....

Carrying on I had a maths stats test in the morning which really sucked cuz I got answers that weren't an option in the MC questions... FAIL!

Chemistry lecture was really boring after that with most of the stuff learnt in HSC except harder. One of my uni friends jigged, she took up work instead -.- Another uni friend came in halfway through the lecture and sat with her new bf near the back canoodling away. He goes to all her lectures with her and at breaks she also sits with her friends and him canoodling away, asking her friends whether he's cute or not while pinching his cheeks. I am so not like that right T_T? (He is quite good looking though XD)

MBLG lecture isn't even worth going through... though we learnt about how gene therapy have helped babies with bubble boy syndrome which is those untouchable kids cuz they don't have an immune system so can't cope with outside world.

Minglez's friend/some guy from my old primary school invited me to go yum cha with them after my lessons have finished with their friends. we went to a computer store first though to buy some monitor for D's mum. out of stock and we waited in line for 20min to hear that -.- By then yum cha was closing soon so we ended up going Ajisen Ramen. Remember that place? the place D took to surprise me at XD?

I had a ramen set. It was alright but I had 2 pieces of meat.... TWO thinly sliced pieces!! Then again the whole set only cost me $15.90 and included an iced tea, side dishes (I had dumplings) and the ramen. and I was full by the end. Throughout lunch we kept joking about two of the guy's inability to find a gf. Minglez said they should ask me for advice cuz apparently I give good advice on this, on what girls want T_T??? Yeh minglez tells me they're desperate or something >.> Oh yeh 6 of us in total. 3 minglez/my friends, all guys, me, minglez and D (so much for making more 'female' uni friends XD!) Afterwards they went to net cafe to play CS (maybe this is why they don't have girls... if they want they shouldn't hole themselves up at net cafes >.>)

me, minglez and D proceeded to shop around for girly stuff! (by girly stuff we mean shoes and nail stamps). We went into all these stores and whenever we saw something cute or cool we squealed and became really girly XD (this scared D a bit XD) But seriously there were these really cute earrings and necklaces in the side shops at china town! Little ice cream cones and stuff! But for $3 a pair for something so so small not worth it -.-

Minglez was being a darl, just after we parted with the boys minglez said this, very straightforwardly: D, those guys may not have girlfriends and play CS all day but there's one good quality about them you should learn. they will ALWAYS pay for a girl no matter what.

D responded with "maybe that's why they don't have gfs" in a sorta defensive manner. I tried to half defend him saying minglez's bf doesn't always pay for her either but the argument ended there. Minglez also kept saying "tell D to buy it for you XD" several times when we saw something cute but he was always lurking somewhere a few steps away either didn't hear it or pretended not to -.-.

And as always when I'm with minglez i eat a LOT of food... We got this to share: It's taro with those clear bead things. anyone know what it's called? It was quite nice but a bit too thick for my liking and we couldn't finish it all -.-



Also wanted some crab meat/squid. They were going for $15/$16 a take away container! But it was worth it cuz they fill it to the brim, no lid and it was all quite big crab claws! I wanted one so much =( But quite full from ramen + dumplings and the soup thingy. D kept saying we eat a lot while he was still full form his meal T_T We save space for special things that we see like that! But it looked so tasty I wanted some but didn't wanna break my $50 that I use for next week... By this time minglez bf had arrived and was buying minglez some and minglez said D should buy me some but he kept saying I had such a big appetite wasn't I full that I just decided I'll just go home. I said I would have bought some but I would have to break up my $50. And then he said "Aren't you lucky then that I prevented you from breaking up your $50?" I didn't get it until a few min later. He meant he half payed for my meal because I only had $10.90 for the ramen and didn't have a $5 note and I didn't wanna use $50 cuz it'll be hard to split. So he payed the $5 for me so I wouldn't have to break the $50. -.-

I didn't go home however I went to collect this:



Ho h ho what could be inside.... Highlight of post! This is what you guys were waiting for as I blabbed about my day!



my travel documents! I got my Chinese Visa! Okay I sorta half kept it hush hush with no specific date etc until today cuz I didn't wanna announce I was going overseas until I was sure... But now I am =)



Plane ticket. Yes I know not usual plane ticket. It's an e-ticket. Went through travel agency and this is what they gave me.. looks dodgy I know... but basically:

I will be leaving for overseas on the 22nd November and returning on the 7th of January!


yes I know I miss vvn, Serena and Kebu's birthday =(.

I had to leave early cuz my grandma's visa is expiring and it's best if I go back with her or she and me all lonesome on airplane... so a total of ONE AND A HALF MONTHS overseas! WOW that's a lot... I'll miss you guys ='(

Currently the itinerary is this: Go back to home town, stay for a few days take either my uncle or cousin with me to tour china. I said Beijing cuz I've never been, dad goes it'll be really cold but I don't care for coldness -.-. Also dad goes I should go climb mountains... I said I want to climb mountains and shop >.> tour is prob for 7-10days. Then head back to home town, drive back to village where my parents/grandparents grow up. It's so beautifully primitive there last time I went, I want to take lots of photos! Also I want to go visit my grandparent's mountain graves, trek up there, pay my respects. Then it's off to see my great aunt somewhere... she goes she really wants to see me =) she goes she'll take me around shopping XD. Then it's to Xia Men for prob a week to see my other uncle. Dad tells me I have to go visit his uni and take a photo -.-. Xia Men is also is home to one of the Louis Vuitton stores and shopping ;)! And I think that's it =\

What I'm really looking forward to however is connecting back with my family and recoding down everything I see/hear/do. The other 2 times I've been back I've been too young and too shy to talk much with my cousins and I just followed wherever my parents went without asking where I was going. And I want to take lots of photos this time!

I want to ride on the back of a motorbike with the wind in the air and the bike unstably swiveling around... I want to surround myself with people related to me who spoilt me as a child.... I want to climb the mountains and learn more about villager life. I want to sit on those dusty wooden benches and have breakfast in a dirty concrete eatery with my uncle. I want to hear my aunty bargain for things for me because she's so good at it XD

Sorry guys I will be missing so much =( I miss Christmas and new years! and my bro's birthday!! But I think this year I deserve a rest, esp since last year I worked when I should be holidaying after HSC -.-


8 comments:

Serena said...

I don't get why you hate breaking up a big note. Either you start bringing in smaller notes or just break it because you will eventually anyway =_= You sound just as cheap as Mr. D!

If you go to Beijing, at least try REAL Peking duck. Once you've had it, everything else is shit in comparison! The best places to eat in Asia are always in those shady alleyway shops.

Bring back heaps of pictures.

Midori said...

Cuz every week i shove a $50 in my wallet to spend. It's like my own self allowed pocket money XD Dunno why i had extra cash this week though =\ And it's bad to pay a $50 for lunch when splitting bill everyone gets so confused -.-

Yes amazingly i thought of Beijing when my dad said climbing mountains... and my thoughts went straight to food instead of great wall! XD

ButterflyCoffin said...

Stop using '<' in your posts. Blogger is stupid and will think that you're trying to use html -___-
Therefore deleting everything after it.
I can use it because I'm special.

Midori said...

I didn't use '<' that's the thing...

I even wrote mostly in HTML!

Just converted back a bit to Compose to check how big the pictures are and to change font colour cuz can't seem to change it in html mode.

Then when i click back to html to continue writing some bits of random code just came between my words!

Serena said...

Lol yesterday I actually went back and deleted/fixed all the >< M did in her previous posts.

Midori said...

I don't think there's a need for me to reiterate how much i hate this.....

Kevin said...

HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME ON MY/OUR BIRTHDAYS!!

DDx

Bring me something purty~<3 :'D

You're so lucky. You get to go for so long. I'm only going to the US for less than 2 weeks, and even that's not certain... ;o;

Anonymous said...

i'm not going anywhere out of sydney these holidays T___T. going back to ur homeland sounds so fun. the impression i get when i go back to hk is just shopping + visiting relatives- nothing exciting.

andandand. i have to pay for ray's food etc sometimes because he's always broke.

i dont' like that ramen place =( [mb bc i don't liek ramen XD)]