What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nothing More Than Face Value

I'd hate to keep up this impression of me as nothing more than skin deep, that there is inherently nothing worthwhile floating around in this brain of mine (that is in fact not full of air, but Grongbit proves otherwise). I would love to post something worth reading, but alas. I will start doing film and book reviews, if that helps? I can give some nice and biased recommendations for you to check out and be enlightened.

By the way, I order everyone to come and watch Bell Shakespeare's Hamlet 6th June-12th July, 2008 at the Drama Theatre, Sydney Opera House. We need to embrace our artistic side, and encourage art culture! I feel shit being a right old slob and you all know how I hate to be stereotyped or typical. It's on at 7:30pm though, and we're most likely going on Saturday. But it's cheaper if we go on the preview dates ($35, 6, 7 and 9th June) rather than the concession price of $50. I'm not even sure if we qualify as concession: http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/Evt_Hamlet.aspx

We should book now! Who's coming?


I can't help it! I'm pretty much over the self-pity stage that has plagued my old xanga account. But I can't help being all...girly.

Drama seems to follow me. Or should I say I create drama in an attempt to liven up my boring life?

I am friends with this boy.

Interested yet? No?

He's half Japanese, half European aka Eurasian. He's a cute halfie.

Interested now?

He's 3 months younger than me, but he's 18.

He's kinda rich.

He has a cute butt.

If you're anything like M, you'd be telling me to latch on and not let go because he already sounds like a great catch. But wait, there's more.

He is friends with my first ex. And on mutual terms with my second ex.

He knows about my relationship/s with them.

He lives in Houston, Texas.

I always liked them unattainable, don't I? But no, I don't see him in that way. He's like Rob; cute, but not my type. Why don't I ever meet any cute Australian guys? Someone out there hates me, I swear.

I got some news about T. The Eurasian boy told me that T is finally going to Singapore next week to start his military training. He's a conscript. He's been forced to go for the past 3 years and he's finally going now. This news somehow gives me the shivers at the knowledge that he's going to be closeby. But no matter, I'm totally over it.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this whole thing. About the fact that ugly old men hit on me and not the hot young ones. About why Minglez and M say they envy my prettiness but guys my age have never approached me. I'm lacking something in the male eye that isn't picked up by females. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with my body.

Is it the whole unapproachable aura thing? I've already lowered my guard heaps. I'm already reduced to being a pushover, a pile of mush. I've given up my cynical sharp tongue for this mellow, calm attitude. I've given up my anger and drive; can't even debate for shit nowadays. Is it because I act prissy and snobbish? Is it the way I dress and walk, as though I'm a debutante? This is who I am. I like it this way.

What is wrong with me? Kebu, what is wrong with me?

I guess I'm not completely over myself.

~~~

` Serena

4 comments:

jinboi said...

Oh whatever. I am uglier, and I am so not on that scale of 6 thing.
I am so friggin zombie like without my concealer these days.

Serena said...

Nah Jin, you're not ugly at all. I mean, you're a freaken model for god's sake.

ButterflyCoffin said...

Are you guys so hormone driven that you'll leap at every opportunity to seize any male you can get?
>___>

Serena said...

I like security and rocks!