What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Listening to: After Dark - Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J. K. Rowling
Wants: MAC Heatherette Beauty Powder in Alpha Girl (LE).


Perhaps it was my subconscious playing games on me.

Today marks the one week anniversary of our "girl's night out" last week. Excuse me Kebu, but for the sake of that phrase, you are hereby a girl :)

It was an instant of longing that prompted the text message. I never expected a quick reply or that it would turn into a private outing of our own. Kebu said he'd come, and eventually Midori was dragged into it after a few hours of shopping and looking like Kebu's girlfriend. Those ragdoll kittens were GORGEOUS! Especially the cream point!

M arrived just in time for the movie: The Spiderwick Chronicles. Not bad, I loved the pretty effects of the sprites and the toadstool circle. It was spiffy - I'll read the book eventually, we'll see where that takes me.

It was after the movie when the good stuff began. After a moment of shoe window shopping, we went to Max Brenner together for the first time. Each of us ordered our favoured chocolate type; dark, milk and white. Pretty cool, I love patterns. We sat and talked, complained and literally bitched about our social life (or lack thereof in my case), we took -ugly- photos and laughed until I had tears in the corner of my eyes. M is always keeping her secrets, tsk tsk. It ended too fast. I wish we could have been there most of the night just chatting, the three of us.

We went home in separate directions with utter appreciation of the meaning of our friendship.

That's what I call a great pick-me-up.


Today also marked the one week after my would-be one year anniversary.

Exactly 7 days.

The world can be cruel like that.

I didn't notice the shift last week, when I needed and wanted company. When I needed my friends to be there for me, just because. I didn't even noticed the date or its significance.


Him: Hi.

Her: Why are you here? Aren't you still jobless?

Him: It's nice to see you too.


I can't let go if you don't.


Him: So apparently you don't miss me.

Her: Why do you say that?

Him: Because you never text me.

Her: It's only been a few days, mate. Well, a week.

Him: Yeah well if I can miss you in this timeframe, you can miss me.


Stop missing me. Stop loving me.


How funny it is that I am Serena yet my appearance and dress sense is that of Blair's? I'm taking a great liking to headbands because they set off my hair (like Blair's) so well. Is this my reason for gravitating towards red lipstick?

M, I still have yet to find the Mario Badescu silver powder but I have the Biore strips! We should try them sometime soon. I need to visit my nearest MAC counter and sticky-finger the new limited edition Heatherette collection anyway.

Sticky-finger? Imagine my fingers twiddling in curiosity and excitement before me.

I bought my Isabella Brown MJs. They are cute. I love them already. I seem to have misplaced my camera somewhere so I can't upload any photos, fortunately for you readers.

Ugh I gained weight, which brings back my total weight loss to 3kg still. And here I am eating a Snickers bar, using the crimson wave as an excuse to get fat and stop working out.

And what are we going to do about Sunday?

Wah wah wah.

~~~

` Serena

4 comments:

Midori said...

Dandelions are evil!! (but oh so pretty)

wow a week since then? seems a lot longer ( see miss you already S =()

I tried to stay as long as i could.. you know i actually avoided NINE of my mum's calls, haha yeh she slaughtered me that night.

Yes pass the strips, get rid of my gunk!!

I want photos. I also gained a kg from eating chocolate at my table...

A year huh? are you okay with this situation S?

WTF are we gonna do about sunday.... lets give her.... HUGS!

M.

Midori said...

M dear, I think I'm just a tad desperate for the attention I want that he seems to give me.

We are screwed! TWO DAYS TO GO! And no alcohol =(

Omg 9 calls...

` S

Midori said...

Wow, it's been like half a year already and our periods are still synced, what a pain.

=( I wasn't invited~

Serena said...

Okily dokily, I don't like how I'm not the admin but that will change. B we'll invite you next time, but you need to send me your timetable first.