What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Anniversaries and Food Pictures

* Slightly updated cuz bits were deleted off when I was editing pictures and it all screwed up on me >=( Finally realised so readded it. Don't have to reread the whole thing just for my own memory XD

Okay a LONG picture heavy post on some backlogged photos and my day today with Mr D on our 8th month anniversary =) Yes see Serena I had a very GOOD reason for ditching gym T_T.

Click for pictures.



Okay so our 8th month anniversary =) I wasn't expecting much since usually we just pick a nice place to eat or hang out on the grass at the park at usyd but this month he really surprised me! I told him how ray went and fetched vvn from home just for MB and we got talking and I started to claim that D never remembers anything he promises to do T_T Eg. taking me to Nandos, making me a sandwich, kissing me passionately in the rain >.>

To which he says "nooo you wrecked my plan! I was gonna surprise you by taking you to Nandos this friday but now that you've mentioned it I can't cuz you'll say it's because you mentioned it already
and I didn't think of it myself!!" lol so he had to come up with a new plan on where to take me.


What I wore today. I wore this black top since he likes it cuz it's so smooth (obviously never felt silky stuff before...) I wore a skirt cuz I have a habit of wearing a skirt or dress on Fridays and thereby prompting minglez to say, everytime I see her Friday mornings, "what ARE you wearing??" while looking me up and down T_T she never likes what I wear XD is it that bad T_T?? Every other day I usually have to wear enclosed shoes due to labs -.- didn't really wanna wear the blue skirt but my other choice was a gloomy black one and I dont wanna be clothed in black all over again -.- Brown belt that I bought my mum that she never uses so I stole it >.>

We went on the bus from usyd in the city direction and somehow it hit me! I remember all the places I whine about going to XD (and there's a lot T_T) I remembered it was prob that Japanese restaurant I wanted to go to because they had that tofu thing outside that I had at primary school reunion that I really wanted to try again. and when D said "hmmm where do we stop if we wanna go market city" I knew I was right =)

Funny thing was we got to market city he half covered my eyes and presented me with some restaurant I didn't know T_T

Me: er.....
Him: have I got the right shop??
Me: well this is a surprise my guess wasn't this place..
Him: *walks all the way around shop and inspects it....*
Me: I think you meant the place with the tofu....
Him: yeah!! omg you did guess correctly why!!?? How come I can never surprise you!

and so I lead him to the place he wanted to "surprise me with"

The place was Ajisen Ramen opposite market city. Quite a small place but very friendly and efficient waiters and clean.

We didn't wait too long for our food and here it is!!


My hand keeps shaking now when I take phone camera photos cuz it takes a while to save =\ This is unagi rice. We asked to share it and they gave us these cute bowls with little fox and rabbit to transfer some rice into it.


The tofu thing I wanted! It's okay here but no where near as nice as the other place I went to for reunion =\



Soft shelled crabs!! Been wanting these since forever! People keep talking about how good they are so I saw them in the menu and had to try them out for myself! They were quite nice but these were really small didn't really taste the flavour of the crabs =\ just the fried stuff...

Also had a Melon frappe which was really nice too!

But damn that unagi rice was good.

Mr D paid for our meal =) It wasn't bad at about $38 yum yum!

Just as we were finishing our meal a girl comes in asking for 12 seats. and next minute I know I see Richard! Yes Serena's brother Richard! Lol then I see Richard's friend, this Eurasian kid! He recognised me but I didn't recognise him at first since he had big sunnies on. D knew some people there too.

Next we went Market City to I dunno what T_T he said he'll accompany me to shop or look around. I bought a new belt since I keep scabbing my mum's and we were gonna go shop for a bikini for me but didn't find any. Suddenly he said we should watch a movie but not at reading cinema cuz he had pre- bought vouchers. Wtf he had a plan all along and we still went around Market city wandering for nothing? We saw Lily and Lucy at market city.

So we walked to George street, had a look at the times and then decided to watch Tropic Thunder. Still we had 20minutes so decided to go starbucks. On the way out of the cinema we saw Jie (uni friend/minglez friend) with her boyfriend, Nick, and they were watching the same movie!! They went to buy ticket while we went starbucks and I treated him to a Cookies and Cream shake =)

At the cinema Jie and Nick were siting on the seats next to us. XD Tropic Thunder was quite funny at the beginning they showed lots of ads as part of the film and Jie and I at first thought it was still ads instead of the actual film XD.

After cinema we didn't know what to do (D only planned up to there XD hey a better result than one step plan last time!) I wanted to have ice cream but he was pretty sick of sweet stuff after all that cookie drink... we both wanted KFC but knew it was bad for us esp. him since he's all sick and has a coldsore. But we couldn't resist. I was SOOOO excited when I saw the FAVOURITES BOWL and had to have it so bought one for the two of us to share!

omg.. if people don't know what it is it's basically layers of your favourite stuff from kfc... top layer of shredded cheese, next layer of sweet corn, next layer of popcorn chicken and the last layer of potato and gravy. and OMG was this good >< At KFC after we finished our meal D presented me with a Yeos Wintermelon drink. I was quite surprised! I can't believe he remembered! We were standing next to a Yeos vending machine at uni once and I commented that I'd never tried the wintermelon one and he remembered and got it for me! (wtf I keep checking my post and this section keeps getting deleted and I dunno why... so I'll only write the part that matters T_T) Mr. D was so sweet and charming and surprising today!

Hearts you lots =)

Even if you're so sick, and sniveling with a runny red nose and an ugly cold sore scab on your lip so that I can't even kiss you =(

BTW for those of you who think I prob made no effort, it should be evenly cut etc etc. I went and bought Forrest Gump the movie (he'd never watched it) and wrote a little post it note "My favourite movie that I wanna share with you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! "Life is like a box of chocolates I never knew I'll get you"

Some Random Photos!


What's in the box....



It's: Strawberry mousse cake and at the back green tea custard thing! Wasn't that nice though >.>


One of the back of our uni toilet walls. I found this rather amusing and started taking snaps of it so much so that minglez wondered if I'd fallen down the toilet T_T

It was a whole discussion on whether love exists. You can see the "Love Exists" thing near the bottom. Someone else decided to continue that and wrote "In your dreams" Some one else put an arrow to it and said "I'm happy without a man!" and the people put arrows everywhere replying to the discussions XD

Oh near the top part it says "drunken words are sober thoughts"





Serena's spinach noodles!


My green tea noodles!


This pretty Violin antique I saw at an antique shop. It's made of silver wires shaped to the violin. The photo does it no justice. and everyone thinks this is massive. it'd actually 1/3 of the size of my palm.

That's all folks =) Hope you enjoyed reading about my wonderful day XD Jealous anyone ;)?

PS: Albert's birthday post has been updated with pictures
PPS: I PASSED MY BIOLOGY MID SEM EXAM! It was super hard and with negative marking for an incorrect answer -.- I got 60% =) Beat my competitive uni friend who failed. AS much as i feel bad for her I studied my ass off for it 4 days in a row until 11am each night T_T I wish I got a higher mark than 60%....

Cant use heart symbol anymore =(

So :

xoxo Midori.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cakes at 85 degrees look REALLY REALLY DELECTABLE, but they actually taste pretty dull.

YOU KNOW WHAT? Your anniversaries are a day before mine! except we don't really celebrate it =S .

Midori said...

yes i know!! The cakes always look so nice but they don't taste that great at all -.-

LOL tell ray off and make him celebrate it XD. usually we don't really celebrate it just go out for lunch (like we always do on a Friday =\) Or i would've made him something small. You do acknowledge it right =\?

Serena said...

I forgot about the date. I guess you had a legitimate reason to ditch us >:

LOL him getting the shop wrong is cute! At least he tried and remembered!

Vvn, J and I had soft shell crab at Sushi Bay yesterday too. I thought it was calamari.

You saw Porkie? He has a Eurasian friend? >_>

Aw this is such a cutesy, lovey-dovey post. Usually it'll make me sick (read: jealous) but that's so nice :)

ButterflyCoffin said...

Uwah! Green noodles look WEIRD O__O;
I want that violin.
Graffiti is funny. I like the random "drunken words are sober thoughts" xD
Your dear Mr.D is so sweet xD
But he sorta fails...at least he tried =)
I've tried soft-shell crabs before at this Chinese restaurant =O They were actually really nice!
...
You want to be kissed in the rain? -o-;

Oh and, things will disappear if blogger thinks it's a html tag. ie. it's after a <

I think I've told you how to type a heart...

Midori said...

The violin is so pretty >< $35 at antique store =)

B- Is there lots of graffiti at your unis? A lot of our toilets have a lot i always like reading them XD

Lol he didn't fail! I had heaps of fun XD

What's wrong with being kissed in the rain it's like the inner romance in me calling out >.> Though i hear from all those major movies with such scenes it's really awful experience XD Eg like spiderman's upside down one.

Have to look it up again, lazy.... spent ages on this post looking at the html cuz bits and pieces did/did not stay in the "click for pron" bit.

S- it didn't make you feel jealous?? D= Damn. Yes Richard has an Eurasian friend!

Anonymous said...

Well I do prowl grongbit and skim it from time to time.

When's your anniversary? o.O... I believe I missed the actual day cause I was on holidays at the start of the year... anniversaries are like birthdays, I'm compelled to remember them, even if it's not my own... though I never remember mine.

I remember trying one of those cakes when they came out, didn't really quite hit the spot... they look nice though.

And you look fine in that outfit dear.

ionno why you were talking bout kissing in the rain, but I really don't like water.... and I need to read more graffiti... though ppl always complain anyway I take too long in the bathroom, graffiti would just make it longer...

Midori said...

OMG marweechi has replied!! EEK so excited maria has not forgotten me TT___TT. I remember a dream i had a few days ago with you in it not sure if you died in it... >.>

Anniversary is day of post. I remember minglez saying yours is close to hers which is close to mine which is close to vvns XD

omg marweechi called me dear!! >< *is excited maria is talking to her through a blog entry XD shall now make more Mr D entries cuz he brings in comments XD

I now have a habit of reading graffiti from back of bathroom doors... they're really quite funny!

Serena said...

I was excited about her calling you 'dear' too!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Btw the favourites box is actually called a favourites bowl, I made the same mistake first time I bought it too. And I thought that violin was chocolate until I read that it was an antique xD
You seem to spend a lot of time with me xD but yeah, ur friday clothes ALWAYS looks not that nice so I can't help but stare at you weirdly =P
Hope you had fun, my 8th was boring cause all I did was (I think, don't remember it that well) go to Steven's place have lunch then wonder around Parra. Our 9th was spent doing nothing but he was kind enough to as me to go hot pot but in the end he wasn't allowed to go >< wonder if our 10th will be better than yours ^^ mwahahahahahahahaha ok had fun reading about your little adventure with him after we seperated (seriously I should have just stalked you =P)

Anonymous said...

Btw the favourites box is actually called a favourites bowl, I made the same mistake first time I bought it too. And I thought that violin was chocolate until I read that it was an antique xD
You seem to spend a lot of time with me xD but yeah, ur friday clothes ALWAYS looks not that nice so I can't help but stare at you weirdly =P
Hope you had fun, my 8th was boring cause all I did was (I think, don't remember it that well) go to Steven's place have lunch then wonder around Parra. Our 9th was spent doing nothing but he was kind enough to as me to go hot pot but in the end he wasn't allowed to go >< wonder if our 10th will be better than yours ^^ mwahahahahahahahaha ok had fun reading about your little adventure with him after we seperated (seriously I should have just stalked you =P)

Anonymous said...

Oopz accidently pressed it twice xD oh well you can read it twice

Serena said...

I like those clothes! Tres retro! You were going with the retro 50s vibe yes? Flared skirts, high waisted belt?

I reckon it looks good. Minglez you have no taste in fashion lol.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that the anniversaries are no where near each other right?


hm wow it's been 9 months already.
Surprise, surprise, I lost track.

Midori said...

Minglez: oops forgot favourites bowl -.- everythign else at KFC is box!! Next time i stare at you weirdly with whatever you wear T_T

Serena: yes! i think i got influenced by that chick i told you about who's always wearing retro to chem class! i always wanted to wear that skirt with a tucked in shirt but always has been too cold so + jacket so most don't see it -.-

Lychee: How many months for you? The actual month isn't near each other but the date is isn't it =\ i thought minglez one was one week or two before/after mine =\

Serena said...

This seems to be the most popular post here o_O

Everyone under the lovebug's spell? :)

Midori said...

OMG i know! So popular XD I should blog about this stuff more. *Goes to tell D to be nicer and make me feel more special so i can blog about it XD*

ButterflyCoffin said...

Guys........stfu here already, you're spamming my email which should be saved for more important stuff like uni -o-;

And if you type your posts in the HTML box instead, you shouldn't have a problem with the pr0n link >O>

Serena said...

Comments should keep coming. Don't listen to B D<

Even if you type it in the html box, it can still screw up because of the "span". If you change font or something within the "fullpost" -> "span" section, any span tags before the final one will be used and you'll have sections that don't make sense on the front page view.

I am quite certain that the problem is not us bloggers, but the fucked up tags themselves.

ButterflyCoffin said...

Now now, don't get mad at computers.
The html code itself is not the problem, the problem is with humans.
Computers do algorithms, and they do them perfectly. Their hardware might not be perfect, the code they're given might not be perfect, but that's because they're made by humans.
Humans make errors, computers are technically error-free. If your code screws up, you've made a mistake.
Check to see if your tags are closed, check to see if you're using the correct syntax, and whether or not you've unknowingly placed a less than sign in your main text.

Serena said...

But I type in html mode, and if i change the font size they use span tags! Try it out and you'll see what I mean D:

Anonymous said...

ur's is the 12th

mine's the 1st.

ionno how that's anywhere near each other o.O

*spam*

Anonymous said...

double post =P

btw, there's 30 days in a month, the furthest you can get from each other is 15 days, we're pretty damn near that o_O

minglez is the 9th.