What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, May 26, 2008

So Untouchable, It's Shocking

Listening to: Untouched – The Veronicas
Reading: The Sum of My Days – Isabel Allende
Wants: MAC Dazzleglass in all-the-freaking-colours-of-the-rainbow.


I tend to stalk other people's blogs and read what they have to say without commenting. No doubt there's a few people who do that here or that page counter is going insane and multiplying by 5.

Everyone knows I love talking about myself *cough* so here are 6 of my strange, quirky habits I have. I have heaps more but who can remember all of them anyway?


The Six Quirks

1) I am nasally tolerant. That means that while most people (like Rob) cringe and swear at the smell of stinky tofu and that beggar in my previous entry, I am able to bear it. The smell of my cat's leftovers, raw seafood, you name it. The only thing I can't stand is strong, generic perfume.

2) I eat strange food. I had a vegemite, peanut butter and swiss cheese sandwich just then. Seriously. The fact that I even like vegemite is shocking enough as it is. I eat cream soups with chili sauce, rice with random leftovers smooshed together then microwaved (think Full House) and chocolate sandwiched between chips (remember Riah?). I eat strange food.

3) I am OCD about using the colours of my pens. My red pen is only for major titles at the top of the page, black pen for subtitles which are always on the left hand side and blue pen for important note taking only. I go as far as liquid papering the whole sentence if it's in the wrong colour or going over it again. Oh and I'm also anal about keeping my books neat and will rewrite things again when I have time to.

4) I internet stalk people. Instead of reading mags like a normal girl, I stalk people on the internet; reading personal and public blogs, looking up their info at sites. I usually do this for people I know of online and not personally, although I have done it for some people.

5) Colourful and sparkly things attract me. I’m like a moth to a flame. The flame sure as hell is going to burn the living daylights out of my ass but it sure looks damn pretty. This is the reason why I should not be allowed to manage my own funds (even though I do and do an okay job) because I’d just end up blowing it on MAC. Check out those dazzleglasses!! OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO SPARKLY AND COLOURFUL AND PRETTY I WANT RIGHT NOW. I settled to getting just one.

6) I don’t like to lie. Lying outright is not my thing. I prefer not to do it except for extreme cases. I lied for you twice M! Even though I am against dishonesty, I’m not against bending or leaving out information. Plus, I can be a very convincing liar when I need to.

Oh yeah and I give pet names to my pet...


Five Food Pleasures


1) Lindt Lindor. There is nothing better than melting chocolate truffles. I'd murder to eat this. I'd reject my diet to have some of these babies.

2) Cheese. I love cheese. It’s simple, really. Parmesan, cheddar, brie (LOVE), cottage, cream, jarlsberg, swiss, mouldy, you name it and I’ll love it. I’m only iffy about mozzarella. Go figure.

3) Bird's Nest soup. Expensive shit, and cruel, but it sure tastes good with rock sugar.

4) Gloria Jean's coffees. Mmm. It beats the overrated Starbucks any day.

5) Chunky, fatty, sweet pastry things like cinnamon swirls from Baker’s Delight or chocolate profiteroles from Michel’s. I like exotic pastries/sweets like cannoli, wife cake, dragon beard candy and my all time favourite, pistachio baklava. M and I share a love of Turkish delight? xD

I love Baz Luhrmann films. He's an Australian director and he's magnificent. Note to self: Watch The Blair Witch Project and the Red Curtain Trilogy: Strictly Ballroom.

Three kittens of different colours and patterns were eating our food scraps in the backyard. Their size was adorable but their faces and eyes? Nothing compared to my Freya. She’s still cute as a button even though she’s 3 times their size.

I think it's time I start letting go. He's moving away soon.

It's time.

But he says to give it a few years, 10 years.

There's a future with us, he says.

That's what he says.

I dreamt of a cottage and marriage without love.

I dreamt of my first child, Alice.

I dreamt of dissatisfaction.

I dreamt he came to me and asked me to marry him,
with a $30 ring made from amber coloured beads.


I had strange dreams this week.

I go ooh ooh, you go ahh ahh.
I wanna wanna wanna get get get what I want.
And I don't give a damn what they say, what they think think.
I'll never ever let you
leave me.
I feel so untouched
And I want you so much.

We're all honestly not okay, V. We're messed up people on Grongbit.

~~~

` S

No comments: