What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Primary School Reunion

Primary reunion was.. fun? Well not really...

I was a bit late, saw people at the train station.. knew almost no one there since some left PS in earlier years before I arrived...

Went Kasumi Restaurant in Darling Harbour.

Food Pictures

Edamame. Didn't know how to eat these.... Then watched others eat it XD You suck out the peas inside. It's quite nice despite the appearance =\


Rare Beef.. that was eaten before I could take a picture -.- I was reluctant to try it but friends kept pushing me to try it... I tried it.. it was SOOOOO good!!!!!!! YUM YUM would definitely eat this again.


Salad... was really nice too surprisingly.. I ate the tomato and lettuce leaves and the seaweed was really nice. As you can see I didn't take photos till after....


Tofu. Really nice too! Photo doesn't do it justice... I ate a bit before I took it >.>



Here comes the raw stuff..... That's tuna in the corner.. friend said it was really good, sweet. I made myself try a bit of everything because I didn't want to be eating those little cucumber sushi for the rest of the night... First tried the tuna.. tasted.. slippery.. dunno about sweetness.. did not like it >< hey I was being totally open minded too since the rare beef was really good I was having high hopes!!


Next comes the salmon. I'd admit this tasted slightly better than the tuna though no one else agrees with me -.- prob cuz the taste of salmon was more familiar to me though I've never eaten raw ones.. still don't like it/appreciate it ....


This plate looked beautifully stunning.... I even started to like the fresh pink flesh... For this plate I was to try the other type of tuna. See the one with the silvery skin? Yep. Friend, Helen recorded the whole event of me eating it cuz she said my reaction was so funny T_T She better not post it on Facebook..... Anyway maybe cuz this was the third one or something I could not take it.. it was so gross.... I almost puked T_T That's right good food goes to waste on me. I ate a cucumber sushi after that....


I sat on a nigelated table (will see pics later) where there was only 3 people. -.- So we actually didn't get some dishes and had to tell them. Saw this on other table, after the people on that table left. As you can see they didn't eat much (bunch of non Asians on that table I'm guessing they didn't enjoy themselves that much, esp. raw fish like that....) We didn't feel like any more raw food so didn't ask them to get this for us. Apparently it's tuna.


Noodles. Looks a bit plain but was quite nice funny thing is they put one bowl for us.. 3 people... O_O

There was green tea ice cream for dessert. We didn't get it either.. asked later on but I didn't eat much cuz I had to go bar with others.. took 2 small bites/licks and didn't get time to take photo. It was just a scoop anyway.


People on my table. Rosa and Helen. Saw them when I came in. Used to hang out with them more in PS, realised it was a bad idea after -.-. I didn't know some people on the other tables too well wanted to cling to Nelson since he was the only one I knew T_T but it'll seem weird being on a guys table... with no one else. Other girls table was a bit full but should have squished in... cuz I realised how fob these girls had become.. They sat there reading magazines in Chinese and watching DBSK concerts on their phones and practically ignored me T_T well I had more manners than that and didn't wanna be rude and move -.- But later on it got slightly better. We started talking more and I escaped for a bit to talk to some other people. But yeh people thought we weren't part of reunion cuz there was only 3 of us... >.>

Oh btw we were talking about reunion and Helen said the only person she really actually wanted to see at the reunion was me XD! I feel so honoured!


With Jennifer, she goes usyd. Saw her at usyd before and she didn't recognise me -.- saw her at reunion she recognised me XD


Nathan. He refused to take a photo with me before. He looks exactly the same as primary.. still acts the same too.

Convo:
Me: you haven't changed
him: what still just as hot huh?
Me: sure...... >.>


Marilyn. she's so pretty now >< I used to be friends with this girl she was friends with. There was this massive falling out/fight too -.- in the end I think I just left the more popular group and hung out more with other girls (the ones on my table) She's doing management, party management or something now? =\


With Nelson. He was so stressed on the night.. cuz no separate billing so he was collecting debts and apparently lost $40 ish. And wandered around tables so much making sure everyone was happy.

BAR/KARAOKE
We walked along Darling Harbour all the way until the end to some bar... there was one girl who was underaged but it was dark and all Asians look alike so she got in XD Except when we got in we couldn't find a table to accommodate 20+ people.... So we went out.. the girl who got in with someone else's ID was like "BUT!! this is the first bar I've been to! I even got in with my fake ID! I must get a drink!!"

Sadly we didn't and we'd booked Greenbox for 11 and it was only 9:30ish at that time. We called up but the place was full and couldn't accommodate all of us -.-

And there continues the aimless wandering around city looking for a karaoke/bar place... as we went on we lost more and more people so that by the time it was almost 11 there was about 12 people left... Rang mum and for some reason she was really nice O_O She said since I hadn't gone karaoke.... or bar I could go if I wanted but it was late, by the time I'm done there might not be any more trains left etc etc. I was dying anyway having walked around city for an hour + and getting frustrated.. plus feeling left out just a bit >.> Since the 2 girls on my table didn't go. And I was feeling sick... so i went home.

No bar, no karaoke, barely any food...

BUT Good thing is practically no one recognised me =\ I think some forgot my existence >.> but yeh a lot of people didn't recognise me. They said they don't know how but prob the STRAIGHT hair.

YAY!

3 comments:

Serena said...

Girl, aside from the sushi and sashimi, the food looks...gross >_>

ButterflyCoffin said...

The food looks nice =O I wish I could've seen the rare beef though...always wanted to try that xD
PS reunion looks fun =) It looks like it was rather awkward meeting people after so many years though~~

Serena said...

Rare beef in that blackish sauce is THE BEST. But oh so bad for your digestive system xD