What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Enough With the Emo Shizzle

Listening to: MSN tones.
Reading: Nothing, watching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Current obsession: Antique brooches and tartan skirts.



I'm over the sadness, for now. This is a blog to release deep dark secrets, and also a semi-public domain to entertain. I have avid readers that I must cater to. Remember, this place is all things superficial and all things emotional and dramatic. I'm seriously tarnishing my online image through my dumb arse posts, but I'd rather not talk about mundane things or philosophy. I've had enough of that in my pre-pubescent years.

I'm rather happy to the point of being drugged. Ok I phrased that weird. I'm so happy, my consciousness doesn't believe it's true and is in current denial.

Yes, that sounds good.

Just to tease everyone a little bit, here is a small preview of my day and the reason for my elatedness:


More on this mysterious clue later.


After work, I had some mother to daughter time. I took Mother to Paddington markets to browse and show her the $75 rip off red tartan skirt I've been lemming for a whole week. In the end, even though M and Reila both agreed it wasn't worth it, my mother's word broke the evil clutches of the Tennant skirt. But I brought the cream shoes at Kasui that M nodded at!


See how nice it is? Indeed, I am aware that I currently have 3 similar styled shoes, all in different colours. For reference, they are pink with bronze veining and bow, brown suede and leathery material, and now cream with gold veining and buckle.

Mother and I had a nice chat on the bus back to St. James to go to David Jones. I wanted to show her Chloe and the Juicy Couture bag I thought was nice. She thought it was drab; too many charm things. There was only 2! $495 or some other obscure price. Ended up getting O.P.I nail polish in Yoga-ta Get This Blue <- get it?! I just love the names of the colours - they can be really funny. I am definitely going to get more OPI stuff, probably OPI Ink (purple in some lighting, blue in others) and The "It" Color (bright, vivid canary yellow). It took awhile to decide, but I settled after some decisions made my Mother dearest. $19 for nail polish, poo.

Walked past Aesop and I opened my big mouth and told Mother that Freya's first shampoo with the breeder was by that brand. For those of you who don't know, Aesop sells expensive body and hair care products. They are predominantly for human use, but made an Aesop Animal for people (like us) who splurge on their mini-babies. My Mother spoils my cat more than I do. She wanted to buy the $32 shampoo, and SHE was the one who was looking for cat clothing at the markets (they only sell dog unfortunately).



After that we browsed DJ basement where they sold food. Caviar, $650 for a 50ml tin.

Holy. Fuck.

Was going to get the $40 salmon caviar, but nah, next time. I couldn't find black truffles or black truffle pasta so I didn't get that. Mother wanted to buy wagyu beef steaks. Back on xanga, B had a post on wagyu and how luxurious it was, and I had told my parents to get some but noooo they won't listen to me. They only listen to the recommendations of family friends, and not family member's friends. (Confused?) The steaks there were $120/kg, and it was definitely not fresh - ugly brownish colour. We passed. Sorely tempting.

Next stop: I shall unveil my grand finale here.

I can't believe I had dandruff in my hair as I walked into that store.

It was...an anxiety-ridden experience. I was so self-conscious. I didn't belong in here! There were so many Asians around, and there were 3 sales assistants who spoke Cantonese to customers.

Is anyone interested, or are you guys all bored with my dragging out of this event as long and suspenseful as possible? Look at this bag:


What's inside said brown unnecessarily huge bag? Lol at my pikachu in the background.

For some reason, I'm actually not really as excited as I thought I would be. I don't know, but after looking at it, it just looks like an ordinary thing. Either the novelty already ran cold, or it still hasn't sunk in yet. But oh my, such nice packaging. The bag was massive, the box, LOOK AT THE BOX!


Isn't this thing just, over exaggerated, just a teeny bit?

Lets open it.


Tada! Nothing to show yet.


I didn't realise there was so much to this packaging. Am I actually paying for this? I ripped that little tag in the middle of the paper, right there. I know, I'm so bad.


Voila! Plush bag cover case, and cat shot, because she's so special she has to witness the opening of...



























The Louis Vuitton Tahitienne PM (small) in Lilas.

Yes, I realised that on my wishlist I've been craving the green one. I thought about it, and purple just seems a bit more versatile. Plus, I was wearing a lot of green clothes; I might have been seen as a freak to my SA Danny. He's a sweet guy. Soft spoken, cute, probably gay. LOL.

More pics of Lilas. Yes, it has a name now. How original.


It was all flat when I opened it. Had to poof it up to look like the shape it's supposed to be.



The white straps looked tacky, according to my mother, but Danny assured us it was leather. That inside pocket white part is also leather. I'm glad the bag - I mean, Lilas, has a phone compartment.

It isn't very fabulous, but it's lovely for my first brand purchase. I definitely do NOT want the abused monogram one. I'm just really attracted by the Tahitiennes. I don't know why! I know M doesn't think big of them, but I don't think big of the Hermes Birkin or the Chloe Paddington, so fair dinkum. I like it very much. It feels expensive x3

If anyone was wondering, Mother paid, but she's taking my tax returns so technically I paid for this. However, Father said he wasn't going to give me my tax returns anyway, so essentially it would have ended back in my parent's hands, so they actually paid for this. CONFUSED MUCH?! BECAUSE I SURE AM.

I don't even know who actually owns this bag, me or my parents!

Daddy doesn't know I got this, or how much it costs if he finds out :) Mother spoils me, truly. She said if I bought a bag today, she won't take me to Japan and Korea in December. I'm still going. 11 days.

Spoilt brat much? I still looked like shit today though.

~~~

Love, S.

4 comments:

Midori said...

OH MY FUCKEN GOD.

NOW HOW DO I BEAT THIS POST????

SHIT GIRL NOW I CAN'T SLEEP AND IT'S 12:30!!!!

MUST REFRAIN FROM CURSING OUTLOUD WHILE EVERYONE IS SLEEPING.

*NOW WANTS TO MAKE A MASSIVE BAG PURCHASE TO BEAT YOURS >=( BUT IS TOO POOR AND NOT SPOILT LIKE YOU!!!!*

*cries in corner...

CAN I TOUCH it!!!?????

Did i tell you how VERY much i LOOOOVEEE YOOH???

ButterflyCoffin said...

Whoa...how much was that? -___-
And look, you've upset M. Sadly I'm not one who's into brands, so I don't feel a pang of jealously at all. To me it's just a purple bag that looks like it'll get easily dirtied and says: Look look! I'm LV!

Wagyu beef is best bought at the place where they're made ;D

Serena said...

T'was $1,390. And I got this one because it was pretty coloured, as well as not that easily dirtied compared to the other colours, but I agree it does scream LOOK I'M LV! All of LV's bags do, but at least to me it's less conspicuous.

WHere's that, Japan? ;D I'll eat wagyu, Fuji apples, whale jerky and caviar when I'm there <3333

ButterflyCoffin said...

No, Japan actually grows their cows here and ships them over for their restaurants and then charges an overly-inflated price for it.
There's this place near Sydney, around an hour's drive I think...