What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Love =)

Saturday was a big day. I stayed up till 12:30 making cookies T_T Didn't even want to get up next morning.... but it was me and my bf's 6th month anniversary =)

Morning started off badly.. Couldn't get up when the alarm rang... mum made me eat breakfast thereby missing the train.. I was late by a whooping 20minutes... -.-

Him: Lets go paddington.

First thought: omg Brooch! (which btw i am semi over maybe cuz i didn't take a pretty picture to remind myself how beautiful it is XD)

So we went to the bus stop and waited for the bus which was when he took out a piece of paper. At first he wouldn't read it and I took a few minutes trying to get the paper off him but he read it to me in the end =) No you guys don't get to see it =P No it ain't mushy. No it wasn't "I love you blah blah blah" shit. Just personal. It all started when we were watching wedding crashers and that guy said the lines: love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.

The convo as follows:
Me: awwww
Him: you'll fall for that??

Me: why not?? what you never say anything like that for me!
Him: *says some romantic line
Me: How unoriginal

Him: WHAT???

Me: Come on I've heard that line before...

Him: I'm cut T_T

Me: Come up with something less cheesy and original.

Him: fine.. I'll come up with something
g.....

We went Oxford street and went to the old bar/vintage markets. and guess what??? THE LADY LIED!!! SHE WASN'T THERE!!! NO BROOCH =(

So D goes I can just find something I like and he'll buy it for me. But I feel uncomfortable doing that T_T So we walked outside and convo goes as follows....

Me: So what's next?
Him: well I kinda had planned the store to be there...
Me:....... yeh.... but it's not.... backup plan?
Him: um.. sorta.....
Me: okay.. so what are we doing after? You do have a plan right......
Him: yes.... we buy something else for you.....
Me: what if your plan didn't backfire and we found the brooch.. did you have anything planned after that.....
Him: no.... not really only planned up to that point....

OMG I can't believe he only planned up to that T_T I was in awe T_T

But later on he gave me this =) This was his backup plan XD

He made it all by himself! I pinned it on =) It was a bit floppy but I can't believe he made it XD

Anyway so we wandered around and walked up Oxford street to the markets to find something I like. But I didn't want him just buying whatever I picked. To me that's pretty... what's the word? Defies the purpose of gift buying... -.- So I told him to pick something for me and I wasn't going to give him any clues. First item he liked was this Mod jewellery.. it was okish. A pendant, green with design on it. Not something I would pick personally but still nice.

The second thing he picked was quite nice. A hair comb/hair decoration thing. It had this jewel encrusted flower and black thingy. It looked wonderful but a bit big and too old looking to put in my hair. But still I actually liked it quite a bit!

Third thing he picked up was this beautiful brooch with a green and a red gem. Lady said it was from the 1950s. Even had matching earrings! It was alright looking but then the lady showed us something even more beautiful.....

Feast your eyes on this little gem:





















































































It's this glorious little brooch from the 1950s as well. I love the little leaves! It's so beautiful! And so sparkly! While sitting in the bus it reflects all these colours from the crystals/glass (seems a bit uncrystal like to me for some reason =\) Blues, purples, pinks, yellows. I pinned it next to/on top of the pink flower and it looked lovely =) I didn't say anything while he considered buying it... It was like $75 or was it $79 so i didn't think he would get it but while i was standing there he actually bargained it to $70 >.> (I'd admit a bit weird.. I mean buying a gift for me and you're bargaining it in front of me T_T what too expensive to give to me huh? my first gift was more expensive and I didn't hesitate to buy it T_T ok ok so he has no real form of income -.-)

Anyway more close ups of the exquisite gem





Are you jealous yet Serena?? =P Isn't it so sparkly and pretty.

When sitting down to put on the brooch i gave him my cookies (which i still stand tastes AWFUL!!!) He tried one right away and liked it =) though I reckon it was out of politeness. Maybe everyone's deluded by my bad cooking that if they wished it did taste good hard enough the mind creates a better taste in the mouth....

So after he had no plan and said I had to come up with something T_T luckily I had half planned something in case he didn't have anything. But D suggested Capitol photos after so we went back to Central. I was pretty hungry and desperate for good food so before he could suggest anything I didn't like (eg fast food/food court food T_T) i saw On Ramen! New restaurant opposite Capitol.

I ate Unagi + rice. It was so yummy!! and the serving was quite generous. Bf had pork rice also nice but a bit too hard from overcooking maybe. Service was also quite good. I paid for lunch to make up for the crappy cookies =)

Then off to Capitol. Took some IMO really crappy photos cuz we're so NOOB. I can't customise photos nicely either T_T

Then it was back to my ideas since he had paddington market idea and capitol idea and i only had food idea.... so i suggested Biennale and off we went bussing it to circular quay. Went MCA. There were some really interesting art but we ran out of time place started to close after about half an hour -.- So we rushed through the rest. There was a room where there was hammocks lying around so we each got into one. Swaying back and forth while holding hands is so nice and romantic =)

But then the guys kicked us out cuz the museum was closing T_T.

We walked outside and it was already darkish (missed sunset T_T). And he said he'd told his mum he was going home for dinner. There I thought we'll stay out for dinner -.- Oh well.....

Sat outside the museum for a bit talking and stuff. It was quite cold but still nice. Yes S dearest i did answer his question =)

Overall a wonderful day, though I was disappointed at some moments, I was happy and enjoyed myself.





It feels so good to be falling in love <3 style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">

M.

2 comments:

Serena said...

That ribbon rose was so adorable. And that pause was even more dramatic than mine; trying to outdo me huh? =p

I don't think him bargaining was bad. I'm too chicken to barter, so what he did was quite brave that he got it down, just for you. That brooch sure is pretty! I think mine was only 80s or something =/ Eek it's so gorgeous.

Going home to dinner was a bit disappointing. The day would've ended perfectly if he was a bit more planned/organised, and treated dinner :)

Ah so you answered. I wonder if it was something complicated or simple. But I think I know the answer. Congratulations M!

ButterflyCoffin said...

Is everyone spending money on lots of expensive stuff?
Maaaan, I feel left out orz

The brooch is cute, but looks sorta old, and the crystal in the middle needs some cleaning.
Once the old market dust is off, it'll look pretty glam.

Sounds like you had a swell time. Congrats~