What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Butterfly Shops Too!

Greetings my avid readers, for once you shall see me blog not about drawing, not about Kaito-nii, but about what I've bought during these holidays!
Yes yes, I buy things as well, I just don't, like, post it up like the other two over there.

But hey, since it sounds fun, why not a first for everything?

First things first, let us start with something fairly normal, a random blouse:



Yes, it's just a blouse with a neckline lower than I'm personally comfortable with. Moving on, we have something that I thought I'd never ever buy: a pair of...flats?!



Whoa! I never saw that coming! Why did I buy them? You may ask. The answer is simple, they fitted me. Huh?! Shoes...that fit me?! Im-pos-si-ble! You know how small my feet are? And narrow? Sometimes size 5 shoes don't even fit! Well, it was too miraculous a miracle to pass up, and they weren't exactly expensive, so here they are~~
Next up! We go for something less normal. Something you'd expect me to buy, or at least, that I'd expect myself to buy:



Ta-da! Isn't it cute? That sleeve is made completely of lace, and yes, Ichigo is there in the background =)
And now for its partner:



Adorable, wouldn't you agree? I have yet to test its puff up against the wind, but at its length I think it'd be safe to say I won't be wearing it alone anyway.
On that note, let us move on to something very similar...



Whoo! I can't decide which goes with the shirt better! That's punk lolita for you huh? Lace, chains and skulls, such a wonderful combination~

Now...before we move on to the next item, I would like to note that everything I've shown up until now has been relatively cheap. Just random things I've picked up here and there, nothing over $40 I think it's safe to say. (Actually, guess which of the above is $40 -___-)
However, once in a while, I like to visit a special shop, for a few special items that are sold at a greater price.
But why oh why do I splurge there, despite finding perfectly cute items in other stores? Because of the sheer variety of course! I can find exactly what I'm looking for. And that's exactly what I found.
First things first, let us attempt the whole "suspense thing" the other two have been practising.



Da-da-da-dum! Yes, I just had to get Ichigo's bunny in there. Cute felt bag isn't it? My my Shibuya, you get fancier and fancier every time I visit you.
Let's tell a story about my Shibuya bags. I have at least 6 sitting in the corner of my room, six thick and sturdy black paper bags with the Shibuya logo clearly on the front. That, by no means, means I've only visited the store 6 times. You see, mum likes to take these paper bags, and I never see them again.
Now that they've changed their bags to become even more useful, I joked to the store assistant that maybe my mum would take this bag out to shopping, where I'll never see it again...again.
The shop assistant laughed, and pointed to a set of similar looking bags at a larger size. Apparently they sell for $3 each, cute.
Later, I saw two males, dressed in regular Honky clothing...each with a large Shibuya bag they flaunted proudly.
What's with people these days anyway? So there's this horrible overrated and overpriced store in the city called Harajuku. They have regular looking bags with the words "Harajuku Sydney" on it, and suddenly everyone is running around with those bags. People who obviously can't afford to shop at Harjuku Sydney.
Why?!
Why are we so obsessed with expensive brand names, even if they're tiny and unknown to most? Must we really pretend to be loaded with cash? Who are we kidding? Ourselves or those around us? I seriously can't care less who knows what brands I buy. These are things I'll never understand...

Enough depressing talk! You're probably nigh distracted by now already =) Goodie.


















Ta da! What were you expecting? A lolita dress? Something special? Oh no no, I've been looking for a simple and sweet long sleeve lolita blouse for a long long time. But it's Shibuya, it's got to have dear little details.



Like the lace piano-key jabot, my my, I need to iron my things before I show them to public.
Oh and the fancy lace sleeve, I haven't seen something so cute for ages!



But wait! There's something even more special about this blouse that makes it expensive (not like it wasn't already) What is it?
Ah ha!

I'm not telling.

If you want to find out...go to SMASH next week!
See you there =)

Now...time to display someone even more expensive (but not by much) than my dear blouse.



Aww awww, isn't he precious? I bought a little phone strap for him for $4, what a rip-off, but it suited him too well to pass up.
Ah yes, did I mention? This is Virgil. Yes~~ I named the DS you guys gave me.

Oh and I made this for Virgil myself...with blood sweat and tears!



An R4DS skin! I sliced up an old picture (literally) and pulled this together. See how the top and bottom screens match? Yeah well that took around 10 tries to perfect! I was honestly going to give it up -o-; But for Virgil, I didn't ^^
The cute character in the skin is not Virgil. Virgil is red, and he's not 'normal looking' like that guy. (Don't get me wrong, that guy's cute too =D)

Guess who, eh?

Yup yup, Virgil has already been graced with his own persona~ Personality has still yet to show through properly, but it will eventually, as with all electronics =) Currently he's looking rather...ninjah!
The Hello Kitty phone strap really adds to his manliness...uh huh...

UPDATE: Virgil's back...nevermind the transparent shirt/coat thing kay? That's just there to show a few details...

Oh yeah, one futuristic fighter pilot coming right up!

2 comments:

Midori said...

I like the plain white blouse and the shoes are cute =)

The piano blouse looks cool not something i would wear personally but still >.> Can't wait to see it at Smash!

Shopping has the most tags! I have bought a few items these few days too but alas i am too lazy to take photos and blog -.- Hiatus!

*PS Winna my shoulder hurts from that stupid gym machine T_T

Serena said...

Fucking blogger just killed my long comment T_T Cbb typing all that out.

1. Like shoes and blouse. Lace sleeve best.
2. Skirts make me lust.
3. Don't like expensive blouse or jabot, but adore the sleeves.
4. Hate you for the unacknowledged suspense.
5. I shall overshadow your blouse with Lilas at SMASH! D< TAKE THAT!
6. I always knew Virgil was feminine.

Something along those lines~

I'm giving up black clothes since Freya's fur sticks to it :(