What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Daylight Trance

Listening to: You Were There - Steven Geraghty
Reading: Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
Current obsession: Build-A-Bear and the colour purple



Vvn you still have one of my Jane Austen books. I'd like to have that back please.

Yesterday was the first day of uni. It was better than expected because it was only one lecture and it was Introduction to Journalism; mucho fun! Very exciting and I'm sure I'd be rather proficient, but I am still intent on not doing it. For now.

So tempting...

Today was unfortunately a great disappointment. PR was a total bore and Design Thinking was just dull to no end, including my tutor who is an old man. I wanted the fashionable office lady unit coordinator! D<

Timetable was screwy, so I have a 2hr gap between lectures but that's alright. Turns out all my uni friends do too as neither of them could get into the tutes. We sat in the sun soaking up heat and chatting, laughing and telling each other stories from our past. We have some really bad kids here; one used to be bullied, one was a bully and I was a bullied turned bully! Woah mouthful. And they said I was thin already and didn't need to lose weight like them T_T How can?!

Oops, Hui Wen moment there. I need to stop reading her blog or else my grammar will go straight to the gutter.

Sad stories were also exchanged, such as the death of Emilia's father's best friend during a family BBQ. She watched him have a heart attack and fall into the river.

And Marianne used to bully all the nerds before she became Christian, and went to rectify her 'sins' by apologising to everyone she made fun of.

Audrey was offered a modeling career, before the creep asked her if she would do nude.

Sicko.

We talked about random things such as cooking, and how both E and M love to cook and A loves to eat! We formed a baking day o_O Every Wednesday we'll cook something to bring to uni and have a feast. Sounds good eh?! How come I'm so lucky to have such sweet friends? After that was establish Marianne wanted to walk because her legs were going numb, and we decided to go down to "the pond".

It's literally a plot of water in the middle of campus. The institution is awfully tiny, but with massive grounds that make no sense and are a waste of space (although is beautiful and serene, we're near the Blue Mountains for god's sake). Ducks and small swallow-like birds (most probably willy wagtails) were swimming and swooping around the water surface, it was quiet and wonderfully peaceful. I really do enjoy my uni at times like these. Early Summer mornings with coffee at the Rdels Cafe or The Cottage = bliss. Seriously.

I felt so content.

The weather was clear, but the day was cold. The sun was warming our backs while the view ahead was picturesque. Marianne picked yellow flowers for each of us - she's so cute. It's squished in my bag hehe...

After the lecture we rocked up to the Library to just hang out, but I wanted to finish writing down my notes like a good girl :) I went upstairs to find E and A afterwards and they were looking at E's personal recipe database.

300 BBQ recipes
KFC secret recipes
250 salad and pasta recipes

There was just too many and I was there going wtf, they've been drooling voer recipes for the past 45mins?

I got hungry T_T

I was craving spaghetti with rich bolognaise and grated parmesan T_T

And lime marinated pork chops T_____________________________________T

Grr I'll never lose weight at this rate. Marianne lost so much weight by dieting she had to use a safety pin to tighten her jeans O_O Crazy girl, she's still so cute.

Oh and she's turning 21 in a month. She looks like one of us.

It was a very enjoyable day.

It was nostalgic.

Watch this space for pictures in the future.

I was a child.
A lonely child.
And then I made friends.

1 comment:

Midori said...

Your uni sounds fun T_T

I'm jealous of your friends... my friends are boring... and this semester i don't even spend much time with them anyway.. and when i do we sit and not talk...