What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

An Episode with Mr Stranger

*Damn left this entry for a week without finishing it cuz I've been busy. SOOOOOO old news now but waste of writing if I delete it.

Since I am bored out of my mind and tired but feel I should not be sleeping this early I shall talk about something that happened so long ago it's old news. But Serena told me to blog about it like 2 weeks ago and nothign else is worth mentioning in my life right now (that's pretty sad actually)

Anyway Mr Stranger is someone I met at a party who added me later on msn through facebook. He started saying things like "I had a good time cuz I met you at the party and I think you're interesting and entertaining."

And then later on after he went out and got a bit drunk:

A few more flirtatious lines like the following popped up with the typos and all (I'm not one to talk about typos though....):

"u looked so cute last night"
"i'm so shy wen i'm sobber.. i wanted to talk to u wen we were at pontoon or sumfin.. but didnt have da gutz"
"i'm gonna miss u n ur pretty face"


The days that followed ensued lots of the following:
:i was gonna say maybe sumfin like go for a movie n lunch or dinner or sumfin n make u so happy till u can hear ur heart pumpin agen :P"
"my heartz bn achin waitin for u =["
"yeah.. haha.. i guess i'm only shy towards girls i like"
"i like u ><.. n i may or may not be jokin dependin on ur reaction"

Anyway eventually he asked me out to a movie. But I had a heap of assignments and Stuvac was coming up so I asked him to wait 2 weeks.Then wavered from my decision from time to time.
me: haha so are you asking me out on a date =P?
him: ahhhhhh.... y did u have to put it like dat
me: cuz i don't date strangers =P
him: do u consider me a stranger?
me: well I don't know you =P?
him: da whole point of da date would be to get to noe eachoda better wouldnt it?
me: haha I do go out with friends though =P
him: well.. i already asked u out on a date apparently.. so i guess u'll juz have to answer either yes or no
me: mmmm....
him: dw i get it.. i shouldnt have asked... feel so stupid
me: no no, how about we go see a movie or something as friends.
him: r u sure? i feel so stupid today. jus feels like u feel sorry for me.
me: no no I do want to. you're interesting I want to get to know you

And that is how is Mr Stranger name stuck. Now that I look back at it he sounded dodgy already. He had a thing with everytime I tried to say no he pushed his own self esteem down so I'll say yes. Anyone else see that?

Anyway at one time we were having "you ask a question I ask a question" time and he confessed he'd dated 4 people before and then proceeded to try and explain himself although I never asked for one. Then kept asking if I thought of him badly which of course I had to say no to which he accused me of thinking differently and continued to justify himself by saying it was in the past he was wrong etc. Oh so manipulative.

Then one day while we were talking and he was trying to put words into my mouth about how I do actually really like him but just won't admit it:
him: juz heart breaking liking sum1 alot n she dun feel nothing for u.
me: i didn't say i felt nothing. All I can say is i enjoy talking to you and when I'm not talking to you I sometimes think about when you'll come online. Is that satisfactory?
him: i guess... but for sum reason... i dunno y i got watery eyez
me: ood tears or bad tears?
him: bad....

* Obviously i had to continue inquiring about it and he tried to say it's nothing I am busy I should go do my homework or something. And that if he told me he'll scare me away. Obviously I had to encourage him to tell me (cuz I'm curious like that >.>) Eventually he said: i'm juz a failure at everything i do.. all i've ever bn kinda good at is dancing.. but even den i really doubt i'm any good.. n gonna be devastated wen i find out dat i'm really not good, n i really like u, n itz so frustratin not bein able to do anything at all for wat i want, n wenever i try, i juz fail.

I continued to try and bring his spirits up to no avail. And he kept saying "this is the real me, the rest is all an act. I was talking to Serena then and she told me to get out of the whole emotional mess so the following conversation occurred:

me: listening to you has made me realise I'm not really ready to be any kind of emotional support for anyone. I don't know how to help you.
him: dun think abt it like dat i juz freaked out cz of da auditions but started dancin abit juz den n realised dat i shouldnt be thinking like dat i love dancing gotta take any chance i have to make it come
him: juz gimme a chance to show u dat derez 1 more thing i'm good at

Anyway after that I had hoped he wouldn't talk to me again but the next day he asked again about the date.

me: I told you already, just hang out not a date
him: dats wat u say now ^^
me: I'm being serious
him: is it bcz of yesterday? =\
me: partly. I just don't feel like I can be involved with someone who feels insecure. I'm not a very good person to depend on.
him: well.. dw abt it.. i juz had a breakdown.. i hadnt had one of dem in yrz.. it wasnt me.. i'm not like dat.. lolz.. i'm usually da happy go lucky kinda person dat smilez all da time.. specially in tough timez
me: i also need someone who can be honest to me about their feelings too, not just bottle them up for convenience
him: n dont i do dat? dun i tell u wen i'm sad or happy? just dont think of me from wat u witnessed yesterday =\
me: you said you like to bottle up your feelings even to yoru friends. i'm not gonna be any different
him: wat i told u yesterday i dun talk abt to any1. and i'm learning to open up to my friendz. dis time last yr i wouldnt have even told any1 if i was feelin sad at all
me: I'm sorry but you just gotta accept that yesterday IS a part of who you are
him: and itz bcz i was bottling it all up inside. if i promise not to bottle anything up. would u give me a chance?
me: i realised I'm not ready. to be there for someone else. if you don't bottle it up you release it. and right now i cant empathise
him: ur thinking too much.. it'll be fine
me: I will always think too much
him: and how does it work out for u? not too well does it? juz trust me.. wat happened yesterday.. wont happen agen... ever
me: but that's not the point. I don't want you bottling it up forever and never letting it out
him: wat happened was bcz i bottled thingz up for years.. but it wont happen agen.. i wont bottle thingz up anymore.. if i feel happy or sad.. i'll let it out =] look.. i really like u.. n i really think we could have something beautifull.. so plz.. just let it happen
me: I just...... don't think I'm ready for a relationship
him: well.. if it happenz it happens.. if it doesnt den itz fine.. but dont stop wat could happen bcz of yesterday
me: my answer is still no. You're not respecting my decision.

Weird thing is his friend (who I can tell from fb has a gf talked to me a few days later, lets call him stranger 2 lol.)

*the following is about the night of the party
him: I was going to ask you if you wanted a drink but i was too shy. so i went to look for my friend down george street. and came back. and grew some confidence to buy you a drink but you were goneskies!.
me: I was pushing my curfew already
him: naughtyyyyyyyy. didnt even say bye:P.
me: lol you left and didn't say bye too!
him: LOL I WAS TEMPORARILY LEAVING :P
him: my friend (mr stranger) liked your friend :P (insert name here)

*how weird so Mr stranger also likes this other chick who was also at the party. They seemed to have conversations on fb as well. Pfft so much for liking me.

Eventually he left me alone and my life has been almost free of manipulating guys like him. Thank god.

Shit this entry is so super long.

6 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

Mr Stranger is horrible D: Men aren't meant to be manipulative; men are meant to be blunt and silly and straightforward and awkward and cute.

And you don't manipulate people you like, you manipulate people you want.

Kevin said...

Why can't this be like fb? I feel the urge to "like" this post.

Kevin said...

TACTICS OF MANIPULATION!

Making concessions doesn't work in this case. He couldn't have gone from "Wanna fuck?" to "Well... Wanna see a movie?"

Midori said...

Hmm true you can't make concessions with that!

Kevin said...

Do you want my Lisa Zadro lectures? :D

Serena said...

Gonna blog about your new fling yet? =p