What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Month of Seven (Part 5)

This post will be the last of the tourism series. There will be no more now and I can finally be up to date with my posts!

Almost D:

So this post will detail the Saturday and Sunday right before N left. Saturday (25th) was actually our 7th month anniversary, the official one. Our yearly anniversary is on Christmas Day.

I let slip that we should go to the Harbour Bridge and watch the sunrise or sunset, as the view would be quite beautiful and N insisted on dragging me half-asleep at 6am to see the sunrise on our anniversary. Goddamnit!

Me and my big mouth.

I admit that it is very romantic and all this shiz, but still! Anyone who knows me knows I sleep like Maria. 2pm is my holiday morning.

On the morning on Saturday I was tossing and turning and couldn't sleep very well. Then I get woken up by N and pretty much has to drag me off bed and force me to change so that we can go. I didn't even know how to walk to the Harbour Bridge from Town Hall, and my original plan to catch the train to Milson's Point was foiled because CityRail was acting up with the whole trackwork nonsense. Stupid CityRail! Damn you!

Was going to catch the bus instead, except we didn't know when the buses were leaving and sunrise was going to be very soon so we walked it.

And promptly got a little lost.

By the time we found our way to the entrance (via The Rocks, guys!) there was already a bit of light:




But we managed to get there with minutes to spare, and slowly watched light fill the harbour with every passing second.








We figured the best spot was probably right in the middle. Oh and it was SO COLD MAN. Freezing! There was actually a guard patroling the bridge and quite a few morning joggers who were crazy enough to be jogging at this hour with so little on in this temperature.







That was where the sun would come up. In the end instead of it being romantic it was an eyesore HAHAHA.






As soon as it was over we made our way (much quickly this time) back where I took a nap after that stressful morning wtf.

I think this was lunch. We went back to that Korean place Han Cook and lo and behold, ginseng chicken soup! Excellent!







For our anniversary dinner I agreed to let N pay for it. All the food was paid by me you see. I really wanted to go to this Italian restaurant called The Pendolino where I first heard about it from Not Quite Nigella.

Little did I know that this restaurant was a very elegant, expensive and formal restaurant O_O

I felt supremely underdressed in my knee-high boots and long sleeve tee.




Very fancy, and little did I know they charged an arm and a leg for still water. I kept drinking it because I was really sick; N dragged me up the stairs while I had a cold and that made it worse, although we got a table because we were ahead of other people who took the lift. Still, $5 for a glass of San Pelligrino distilled water indeed!

Expensive setting. Feeeel the ambience!





This was a salad made from cannelini beans. Oh my god this is so amazingly good ($19 I think, yeah I know). So juicy and tender and just yum, but very basic. I think I can reproduce something similar at home.






Oh and we shared everything because I was sick and didn't have much of an appetite. $20-30 for that dish alone by the way, plus a side of creamy mash potatoes ($8?). Alright...the food was amazing. And the mash potatoes, I believe, we so good I could see N rolling his eyes in disbelief.

If you want to go somewhere very fancy (read: expensive) and are in the mood to indulge, drop by the Pendolino, Strand Arcade at Town Hall. It's next to Myer.

For dessert we went to Max Brenner. Ah yes, Belgian waffles with chocolate sauce, strawberries and bananas.





Sunday morning at the airport, watching the love (of my life? maybe...) leave T_T






How sad, boohoo T_T

But, I have one month left before my trip to America! Ahh shopping galore!

6 comments:

Midori said...

lol shouldn't it be N galore ;).

The sunrise is beautiful looking (the first few pics at least of the opera house.)

Some day when i can get my ass out of bed early enough and travel from my western suburb abode with someone special, i will go. (Typing that out has confirmed 3 impossibilities already lol)

Does it seem like everytime at Han Cook they seat us at the same spot?

And why oh why did you not take more narcissistic photos of yourself and lover to share in the romantic atmosphere!!??

Serena said...

B-because! I don't want to T_T

Kevin said...

$5 is normal for imported spring water... Just order tap water next time. It's perfectly acceptable.

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Hi Serena, thanks for dropping by my blog and for the sweet words ;) Drop me a note when you cook up something! Cheers!

Kevin said...

OMG! I'm Teochew too! O:

Serena said...

My grandparents speak Teochew and grandma cooks so much Teochew stuff that I thought was Cantonese xD

Oh well, same province >_>