What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

End of Exam Dinner with Minglez + Steven

YES My exams are finished!!!

No more staying up till 2-3am and waking up at ungodly hours!



*See I was already feeling good about the exam lol. This was taken pre- exam cuz I'll rather play with my camera then study... >.> I also ended up watching 20mins of Big Bang Theory instead of studying right before leaving home for the train... oops.

I slept till like 12pm today! Actually woke up at various point in time from text messages but it felt so good to be sleeping and sleeping...

After exams yesterday (which went rather well; for once), I met up with minglez and Steven and we went to look for birthday presents but we got slightly distracted...

We first went to QVB cuz minglez wanted this Oroton bag. We saw the Christmas decorations up already and Steven helped us take a photo. The Christmas tree was rather pretty but I think last year's tree was prettier! Oh I also couldn't resist and went into Salvatore Ferragamo to try on those Varina shoes I really wanted. Turns out my feet disagree with most flats including these Varinas. They cut off the toes too early and with my wide fat as feet they're quite unflattering. The sales lady was very friendly and pretty though but she could barely speak English and I felt so sad that the shoes were not that pretty on my less than dainty feet that I didn't bother asking for a pair in my size =(.



The we got more distracted and ended up here:



Minglez and Steven playing with the Thomas the Tank Engine train set.


Everyone one's dream Christmas Present:






Camwhore outside QVB cuz just as Steven was going to take our photo he got a call so we tried to do self shots.


Whoa I look pretty tanned next to Minglez...



I have such awful posture.


The lovely couple =)

Steven finally reminded us that our goal was to go Myer and look for birthday presents so off we went to Myer! The store closed in an hour so we looked around and got a feel of what they had to offer. And OMG I never noticed the City Myer had such pretty designer clothes from like Victor and Rolf, Moschino Cheap and Chic (Which was not cheap but very chic) and some others I was so excited about but quickly walked past cuz I'm too poor. =(

Anyway after a while we gave up and I spotted these babies:


It's by Wayne Cooper. It was $179 ish and on sale 25% off! So less $140!! It was one of the craziest height shoes we could find so I sheepishly asked a Sale's assistant to get me its other half although I knew I wasn't going to buy it. It was a MASSIVE pain to put on cuz the straps were so thin and hard to put it through the buckle but once I got it on I was literally a whole HEAD taller than minglez. There was a full length mirror available and I REALLY wanted to take a photo of me in these babies but the sale's assistant was waiting and staring.... Sigh so I took them off after a mere 20steps or so (can't tell how comfy they are cuz they felt alright and I was amazed by my ability to even stand up let alone walk and I stood in perpetual fear that I'll fall, the heel would snap in two while the sale's assistant watched and I had to pay for gorgeous broken heels).

Anyway the two were able to tear me away from these shoes just as I got a photo.

Minglez felt like spaghetti bolognaise so we walked around a bit and discovered all these little side streets off of George but she was set on Spaghetti so we wandered into Mamma's Kitchen.


Happy couple again!


I think Steven was testing the lighting cuz I said my camera sucks when it comes to dark settings.


My Chicken and Pesto Linguine. This looked very good and it was the right portion size (perfect to feel full but with room for dessert). They were generous with the chicken breast as well. BUT. It was so BLAND. Now I don't think I've EVER had to add salt to a dish at a restaurant as my taste has always been on the bland side so I find most restaurant food quite salty but this was bland. It was creamy but the pesto flavour did not taste very strong and it was seriously like they completely forgot the salt. I added quite a bit of salt (which was stock to the salt shaker so very hard to get out!), some pepper and Parmesan. I got used to the blandness after a while and I was quite hungry so finished all of it. At $13.95 I guess it was decent.


Minglez's spaghetti bolognaise. The sauce was basically tomato and some bef with not much else. The spaghetti was overcooked in my opinion as well. But at I think only $7.50? It was a stomach filler.


Steven's Spaghetti and meatballs. Forgot to ask him how this was but same price as mine.

Minglez really wanted dessert (and pizza, they looked better than the pastas) but we figured we'll be quite full so we only ordered two desserts to share.


Chocolate mud cake. This was alright, not as moist as Lindt Cafe but nice and warm. The white thing looked like cream but it tasted like milk that was thick. It wasn't sweet or anything.. we so didn't put any on the other piece.


Chocolate mousse. This was quite yummy. It was the right sweetness and it had yummy chocolate bits in it!

By this time it was 9pm and we went on the train home.

I had such a good time. And I want to do a special shout out to Steven for telling me some sleazy guy looked like he was taking an up skirt shot of me. Luckily I had my safety shorts on cuz I knew this skirt was poofy and could blow up. He said at the lights when we were waiting a guy walked past and he had his phone out and while he walked pst we he dropped down a bit and then walked on. EWWW. I have an ignorant mind that tells me these sort of stuff only happens in like Asia. >.>.

Besides that unfortunate encounter I had great fun =).

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Unrelated: J'aime la bière belge~ (:

Om nom nom nom~

Gosh, I haven't been to Hobbyco is yonks. Looks fun!

FREEDOM!!!

Midori said...

You love Belgian beer??

Kevin said...

I DO! :D