What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh Bento!

I was amazingly bored at home and decided to make Porkie a lunch box.

Also, first draft for my cheese custard lemon chiffon pie and it's review during Games Night yesterday.

The cheese custard lemon chiffon pie is a pretty simple pie to make. I used several recipes and improvised on the cheese part to create the huge-assed named food, and after thinking through different scales I finally settled on one.

Separating the egg whites and egg yolks. I'm getting pretty good at that! I only got a LITTLE bit of yolk in the whites. Note to self: Use 1 less egg.

Photobucket


Set that aside and started on the crust.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Not a shabby crust, if I do say so myself. Note to self: Add more sugar.


Popped it in the fridge, but what really should've happened was put it in the oven to bake. Instead I cheated and used the grill (as usual). I need to get myself a toaster oven, those bitches are bad.

Photobucket


Cooking the egg custard on stovetop. Add egg whites a while later.

Photobucket


Pretty stiff yeah? NOT STIFF ENOUGH. Note to self: Use electric beater.

Photobucket


All nice. Pop it in the fridge.

Photobucket


Not bad for a first try, although I wish I didn't cut corners and did it the proper way. I was short on time! In the end it did taste very nice, and I added some orange marmalade which wasn't in the recipe.

The leftover-egg-white-disaster runoff was used to cook a pancake.

Photobucket


In the end it was still too runny to be a pancake, but at least it has the consistency of custard now...

HOWEVER.

I am not a failure as a cook.

I made THIS:

Photobucket
White rice packed tightly into 40% with diced char siu, tamagoyaki, garlic stir-fried Chinese broccoli (leftovers) with fish balls (soup leftovers) and tomato quarters.


Looks yummy yeah yeah? Looks good yeah?

I am not a failure!

No comments: