What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

+ Life Experience: Being Robbed!

I was supposed to do a post on my attending the 2009 UNSW Rubik's Dance Party the other night becaus I have a lot of short stories to tell, ranging from getting sneaked in using an expired student card, being groin grinded by 3 guys of different ethnicities (oddly, the most decent of them was the white guy) and having V's friend jokingly ask me out and being rejected 3 times. It goes liike this:


Him: Will you be my girlfriend?

Me: No.

Him: Will you go out with me?

Me: No.

Him: You're not going to reconsider?

Me: Do you have to ask?

Him: What? That's not an answer!

Me: No.



Fun times.

But no, instead I want to tell the world that I've been robbed!

They only took my phone and $100 that was lying on my desk though so I'm alright!

Around 9pm last night I took a nap after losing a battle with my modem, sans shower and changing. Sometime around 12am I woke up and took a shower, and when I came back to do my daily rituals I noticed the glass door on my balcony was wide, wide open. I shrugged it off and thought "stupid dad, messing around with my door and not putting it back" and went to close it, locked it (because a part of me is always slightly paranoid) and went to bed.

Woke up for work at 4:30am. Sometimes, but very rarely I'll forget to bring my phone to work bt today was not one of those days. I went to look for i, only to find that it wasn't where I last left it on my computer table. I looked around the usual places I'll put it. I asked my dad if he took my phone, because he sometimes does that and leaves it in random places around the house (that bastard) but he goes he didn't touch it. I got frustrated and decided to call the phone and pick up on the sound, I don't have all morning to look for it.

"The phone you have called is switched off, please check your numberand try again."

You'd think I'd know my own number, and the fact that I had charged my phone on Thursday and it still had a decent amount of battery last night. I definitely did not switch my phone off.

Asked mum and she hadn't taken it. I then asked them if they had opened my metal and gauze slide door to the balcony and they both hadn't. Grandma and Porkie woke up to all the noise and she hadn't touched the door either.

Then mum goes, "Did you put away the $50 on your table?".

"No. It was a hundred."

"It got stolen?!"

"Oh."

Well, by then it was pretty obvious that someone had entered my room and stole a few things. They hadn't touched any of my jewellery and Pandora stuff, which leads me to believe that they came in, noticed I was sleeping, grabbed whatever they saw first which was all the valaubles on the desk and ran. I don't think they went past my bed. You guys know what I'm talking about, that tiny space between the desk and bed? They didn't even take my gold *cughplatecough* earrings on my desk, or the mp4 sitting in the corner; they were obviously in a rush and not looking properly.

Now there are several things that might be of interest to note.

Several weeks ago I told my parents that I heard someone tapping against my wire gauze door, as though they were trying to move it (but obviously can't since it's jammed, and I mean REALLY jammed), and then I heard voices outside the house and a car driving off after awhile.

When I told my parents this they thought I was making it up.

Hah. Paranoid, am I?

Another thing I noticed was that I think the glass door was opened before I napped. I vaguely remember coming home from uni and noticing that there was something strange about the door being reflected against my mirror. For those of you who have been to my house, the balcony door is right next to my massie mirror doors. What I think I was noticing was that instead of a reflection of a glass door, I was actually seeing a muc clearer reflection of outside.

Creepy no?

One last thing to note. I was tossing and turning while I napped - it's really uncomfortable to sleep in a blouse - and I woke up to find a car pulling up near my house, people getting out and then voices. Being the paranoid person I am, I kept an eye on the reflection of the car and lights, and concluded that it's probably Mr. and Mrs. Next Door coming home. I have to say though, that it seemed slightly suspicious at the time.

Well, I need a new phone. I'm thinking the Nokia (I love Nokia...) E71 will do very well, except I'll be so pissed if red isn't available in Australia yet.

3 comments:

Midori said...

Omg isnt the thought that someone robbed you in your sleep scary?

Oh btw you should report it.

Think about it they could be getting away with other small robberies like that.

Lol i remember when we got robbed i got up to go to the bathroom middle of the night and i thought i heard some noise outside near the fence/alleyway and climbed up to have a look outside the bathroom window but it was too dark, too late at night/early in the morning that i couldnt see anything so thought it was the neighbours too!

Be careful now and remember to lock your door or get a new lock or something. Most people get robbed again within the first 3 months of being robbed the first time!

blah said...

I am getting an E71! =D SO I can blog and twitter and facebook/myspace on the go. No more iphone (which died) and no more old SE phone (which I dearly love) We don't have red atm, only the lower version of e71, e something 5x maybe? GO check

albertsthings said...

That was me commenting before, used wrong email