What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hong Kong and Guangzhou

I'm capped so I decided to upload all the pictures taken while overseas!

Extreme photo overload. I made the pictures smaller so your computers won't die unexpectedly and prematurely on you.

I had a photo of the satellite image of the place landing at the airport in Hong Kong except my camera ran out of space and I had to delete it >_> It didn't turn out very well though.

Makes you feel like you're a part of it no?

Photobucket


I could rave about the greatness of the inflight entertainment centre, but I won't. Lets just say I found a Paramore album and that's that.

I was so excited to be in Hong Kong! Imagine all the shopping! But to my great surprise, we where whisked off into a van that drove us out of the border of Hong Kong to Shenzhen so we can catch the bus to Guangzhou omg.

Photobucket

Photobucket


That's practically 15hrs of non-stop travelling. In the end my butt really hurt T_T Mother never tells me the travel itinerary, ever.

Yet she still can crack jokes. Seriously...

Photobucket

Photobucket


Several days later, went yum cha with the cousin's family. Very fancy place and it doesn't cost much to upgrade to a private room - which we always do. Whoring at the mirror, though I was sad about my choice in clothes and I was very much lacking.

Photobucket


Next time I went out I made sure I looked better T_T Actually I just wanted to show off my new blue platforms.

Photobucket


Skin was being good.

Photobucket


Near New Year's my aunt's brother-in-law will always invite family and friends to a yearly birthday party at his favourite restaurant, Kitchen (to fang). It is a chic, western-styled place that serves Asian dishes and has minimal lighting to add to the 'ambience' but to me is a bother because I can't see where I'm walking. There are heaps of glass stairs too, and the toilets consist of mirrors for walls. I did actually get lost in that tiny, mirrored bathroom (walked around in circles looking for the exit).

The lounge in our dining room.

Photobucket


See how dark everything is?

Photobucket

Outside, the room numbers are marked with lights shining onto the floor. It found it really awesome.

Photobucket


I had to drink wine because I was 'old enough', and the host kept toasting me and making me drink heaps -_- In the final toast he dared me to drink half a glass so I did and gulped it all down. All the adults kept telling me off because I wasn't bowing right or holding the cup right, and I had to stand and whatever.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had seafood hotpot too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


A few days before I left to go back down to Hong Kong my aunt promised to take me to eat oysters (my absolute favourite). We went with a close famiyl friend of hers to a popular siu ye restaurant. I also just got a haircut from my favourite hairstylist Eric Li; he got promoted during the year and now it costs double to get him. Mother's been going to him for 4 years.

Photobucket


Oh, that? That is a platter of pure, pure evil.

Photobucket


This crap gave me serious food poisoning for 2 days, and it took me roughly 2 weeks thereafter to completely recover from it. It was all sorts of pain and really annoying because it made me gaseous.

So my days in Hong Kong were limited and spent in pain. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself greatly and saw many wonderful things and bought heaps of clothes unlike in GZ.

Uh yeah, I don't know. On the train to Hong Kong.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I'll never say it enough, but this stuff is your daddy. The Octopus card is your daddy! T_T

Photobucket


Tugged massive amounts of luggage on the subway and metro, but luckily our hotel was walking distance through all these shopping centres *_* My second great-aunt came to take us there and we found out all the rooms were booked out for New Years...

Photobucket


But hey, sure we'll settle for the business suite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, that is a wide screen TV and a king size bed you see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I spent New Year's Eve travelling across country borders, in my hotel room watching the fireworks on TV:

Photobucket

And drinking takeaway soup:

Photobucket

Photobucket


You should see the recording I made when I was counting down.

In the morning, a nice view of the river and where my aunt lives.

Photobucket


Glass elevator.

Photobucket

Photobucket


First thing I did was take the sub straight to Mong Kok. By myself. I ditched my parents for shopping on New Years Day. I could easily make my way there changing at Tsim Sha Tsui and I bought a SIM card as soon as I got off the train and located a phone dealer. I now have a Hong Kong number.

Spotted this in HK. Ah, how I wish I could've gone in now...

Photobucket


I always eat my food before I remember to take a photo of it.

Photobucket


This was the reason I wanted to go to HK so desperately. Milan Station... *deep sighhh*

Photobucket


The depot for second handed designer bags, sold for a fraction of the original price...many of which are still in mint condition. The woman there is standing in front of...the Balenciaga Work in Charcoal. SIGH SIGH SIGH. I wanted the black one SO bad but couldn't find it at Joyce (which I purposely dragged everyone to but it was closed) or the Milan Station near the hotel. I WAS SO DEPRESSED. I didn't feel like shopping anymore.

Oh I also saw a Zara and went for a spin, but everything was so expensive. I saw a really nice belt for $30 though, and I regret not buying it now. It was studded!

Went back to hotel and saw some cookies. Little did I know that while I was contemplating which one I wanted to buy, it was 10pm and they have a deal where cookies were really cheap! So I got in the line early!

Photobucket


Omg it's Mrs. Fields! It's a pretty well known brand in the US I believe.

Milk tea and cookies on New Year's...

Photobucket


The next morning we finished packing and had yum cha with (my mother's god-sister) Alison and my 2 great-god aunts. Ugh, Asian family relationships! Then in the afternoon it was off to South Korea!


To be continued...when the authoress is not lazy and it's not 2am in the morning.

2 comments:

Midori said...

I see your mum's LV!

You know i think all your family is more westernised >.> Even in china you eat at western style restaurants!

Wtf is an octopus card >.>

Why are your hotels all so nice looking...

why... WHY id you not go into Sephora!!!

Serena said...

It was Western-themed, but all the food was Asian =/ But yeah, my family has adopted Western characteristics after living in Sydney for 20 years.

Octopus card is the BEST card in the world! You can buy groceries, pay train fare and it goes through layers of clothes so you never have to take it out of your wallet!! Octopus card is seven different kinds of AWESOME.