What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Thoughts.

I've had many random thoughts these few days so I'll just number them.

1. Yesterday I went to watch He's Just not that into You.

As I was walking out I saw an old couple, heads of white hair walking out slowly, hand in hand.

And I smiled because I wish I was like them.

80% of the time I always think the grass in greener on the other side and wish I had more of this, more of that but when I see things like this I just want everything to be simple.

When I'm old and feeble I just want a loving husband to take care of me, and me for him. I want to go grocery shopping hand in hand in the mornings like my 80yr old neighbours.

I want to go watch chick flicks to recall what it was like to be young.

I want to get together with all my oldie friends and eat Mcdonalds ice creams and reminisce of it being 30c while I eat it up with my toothless gums.

And that's all I need.


2. You know I realise I get really infuriated by ignorant people. I don't know whether this will make me sound really up myself, pompous or something but I need to get it out cuz I attempted to bottle it all up today!!

Today there was a very strong willed lady that works in our cafe. We were talking and I was telling her about a documentary I watched last night about memory and the brain. She told me not to worry so much because we don't know anything really. That documentary can be refuted in a few years (which I agree with but it doesn't mean ALL of it is completely untrue). She continued to say we don't really know anything at all.

She started saying we don't really know what's in the air, what we're breathing in, it could be killing us all. At which point a customer pointed out we are near a factory and who knows what they're letting out and she said that's right we have no way of testing it.

Er yes we know what's in the air... Argon, Nitrogen, Oxygen being the main components... we CAN test for contaminants in the air and I've tested for fungi even.

At which point she said but we don't really know...."

Which led to the customer saying a "documentary" he saw said the world was going to end in 2012. I asked who said that. He said some sorta people in South Africa predicted it in their calender.

Okay my point for a start wasn't to say to believe in everything in a documentary simple to take it into consideration. Second of all I never said I believed in stuff like calender predicting which mostly have no scientific proof. My argument before was purely scientific!

The customer proceeded to say "who knows an asteroid could hit us any day, tomorrow even and we could all die." Er dude there's like satellites and people watching all day long...

He claims a few years ago we had a near miss with an asteroid that we didn't know about until it passed us. Since I didn't know about this case I had nothing to say about it but I am quite sure, as with most things there is more to it than that.

The woman proceeded to say "yes you never know. I hear there's kids with like severe allergies who have to live in plastic"

I am aware of this. The Bubble Boy Syndrome. Having done it in Boring MBLG and being the only class I really liked I listened intently and learnt a bit about it.

I informed her that a cure with a high success rate has been found and the disorder is a genetic immune disorder but she decided to ignore what I just said and laughed saying I could wake up being really sick and find myself in a bubble.

OMFG DUDE IT'S A GENETIC DISORDER!!!

Argh some reason, and here's where I sound really mean, I wish I was back at uni with people who take my words more seriously instead of waving them away as "stupid prob untrue things she prob saw on TV or something." When I say I heard it in a lecture their argument is "well who knows if that'll be true in a few years or what are they teaching you kids." A part of me is spiteful and thinks "you're only saying that cuz you wish you had the education I am having right now. You're getting defensive cuz you know I'm right." But another part of me is extremely infuriated at their laughs because it makes me feel stupid and insignificant and that's not a very nice thing for them to say.

My mum and other worker told me to just ignore her and not argue with her because she's very strong willed and will always win the argument. A part of me wants to stop yet a part of me hates that she will carry around these misconceptions forever because I never told her otherwise; she will continue to think she is right at everything and I am tortured intellectually for it.

3. There's a lady at work who came in at the beginning of the week looking very glum. When asked she said that her and her boyfriend had a fight about his use of the f word and had a big "you think it's over??" fight about it all leaving them to sleep in separate rooms and not talk on Vday.

Every customer who asks her about her weekend would get the same response (Not very good mate) to "how was your weekend?" which leads people to ask why. When confronted with a long discussion about relationships and detailed recounts of what happened most people are taken aback and probably wish they'd never asked. Most grab their food once it's done and say "well I hope it all works out" and leaves.

There was one guy, who had a long waiting time for his order. It was the beginning of the day and he was the first guy she started telling her issues about and about 3/4 of the way through she asked "so what's your name again?" He was a complete stranger.

When I told my mum when she arrived that the coworker was unloading her problems onto every customer my mum said "she's that kind of person"

It made me think. Who is more admirable? Those who when asked bite their lip and say "my weekend was alright" although in truth she had many personal issues. Or those who are open and tell everyone everything? Not afraid of other people's judgment and takes comfort in retelling the story. Do these people expect sympathy? a helping hand in the decision making? or just an understanding listener?

Whom of the two is strongest? Who is more admirable? Who is bravest?

Are the answers to all these the same person?

Which one are you.



Thinking Midori.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

2. We don't really know anything. All we know is that we have thoughts and from these thoughts we can see that we exist. This excludes knowledge of the outside world. Science is based on assumptions. All we know is maths and ourselves.

Serena said...

I want to be a little but RICHRICHRICH old lady who sit around a green square table playing mahjong and gossiping about how ignorant and stupid our kids are!

Tell your coworker to stop being po-mo xD She's discovered the ultimate argument and she's abusing it. Next thing you know, she'll be saying "all things are relative" which ends the discussion in her favour, but leaves everyone feeling unanswered.

Tell her she fears the known, and is making it seem unknown to make herself feel better.

I believe the one who grits their teeth and fake it is more admirable, but it can be either depending on the REASON thy do what they do. If you fake it because you're a closed, private person it's not necessarily a bad thing. If you fake it so you don't have to bother and annoy people with your problems, that's more admirable.

However if you let it all out so you garner sympathy and support to make yourself (read: ego) feel better, that's not really a bad thing either. Sometime we just simply need the moral support.

The person who tells is stronger and 'braver' (even though it takes selflessness to bottle it up, they're DYING to tell someone anyway), but neither are more admirable than the other.

Just do what you think feels right.

And don't think so much T_T

Serena said...

Oh, and I believe everything contradicts each other! :D

ButterflyCoffin said...

...

Kaito is cute

albertsthings said...

Albert is back! And people get emotional all the time. Let them be for now...