What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Popping Cherries

As Kebu likes to put it, he was very happy popping things like Pringles tubes and popping cherries in his mouth.

AHAHAHAHAHA.

I had everyone wake up at 7am to go cherry picking this Sunday. To my surprise, everyone arrived relatively early!! I was proud of our little group (Maria, Kebubu, Nam and Darwee).

So at 8am we had breakfast at Parra Hungry Jacks. Also tagging along were my parents and relatives and Uncle Jin (James). All the normal people had a proper breakfast while Maria had a Whopper and chips -_-

I'm not a fan of the Whopper without cheese.

The bus finally arrived at Parra and we embarked on our god-damned trip up to Orange and Bathurst.

YEAH WE WENT TO ORANGE D:

Photobucket
The only patch of blue sky on an overcast day. It was very gloomy, but it made the countryside and Blue Mountains look breathtakingly melancholy.

Photo taken up near Leura or Hazelbrook or something.

I don't even know where that is (checked the CityRail map later and it's on the Blue Mountain line past Penrith o_o).

Along the way I was taking note of the funny suburb names like Faulconbridge *giggles*

It was a very long bus ride, so everyone was being bored.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chichi versing Kebu on DS while Darren sleeps.

After a few hours and several toilet stops, we arrived at Bathurst. I got to the see Charles Sturt University that is so famously referred to in Public Relations at my Uni (I GOT A 38/40 HIGH DISTINCTION FOR MAJOR ASSIGNMENT!!!) and ooo...it's so historic and pretty. It looked like a small cathedral from far away, with thin towers in a pale terracotta brick. The bus was moving too fast for me to snap pictures, though.

Maria kept saying "Are we there yet?" at random intervals.

At Bathurst we went to the V8 racecourse for a 30min stop. All the oldies went inside to the museum, which we skipped because 1) It cost $7 and 2) We weren't interested. Instead we opt to play on the children's playground outside, playing on swings and rocking cars. The sun was just starting to come out, basking us in an unexpected warmth. It was all rather nostalgic.

I didn't have my camera since it was taken inside the museum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Vintage racecars.


Photobucket
Wax figure and bust(?) of Peter Brock.

We bummed around outside eating the peanut butter choc chip cookies I baked the night before and Pringles.

(Rough re-enactment of the conversation)
Kevin: Once you pop, you can't stop!

Us: ...

Kevin: I like popping cherries!

Us: =_=


Then it was a lunch break at KFC, and the boys were all excited and ordered nine KFC Rollers in all the flavours (3 for each boy). Maria and I thought they were kidding.

Then we made our 1hr trip up to the town of Orange where the scenery was stunning.


Photobucket
The sky was very slowly clearing up, but still cloudy.

Photobucket
Hehee.

Photobucket
Click for clearer picture. I didn't realise until much afterwards that the purple stuff the fields were covered in was wild lavender. Lavender fields!!! You don't need to go the France to run through lavender fields, M!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Such a lovely, green background. The countryside here is so nice compared to the ones down South on the way to Canberra and Young. So much more green.

Photobucket
Moving through the town of Orange, this was Orange High School which looked too beautiful and lush to be a school!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I see light!

We then moved out of the town and further west.


Photobucket

Photobucket
It started to rain, but then stopped as we passed the cloud.

Our next stop, wine tasting!

Photobucket
The small vineyard.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Got to stretch our legs again.

Photobucket
Wild strawberries growing outside the shop! Kebu says they're sweeter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I didn't expect everyone to buy at least one bottle, thought we might have to share one! But Nam, Maria and Darren each got the Cherry Liqueur and Kebu got THREE! 2008 Cherry Liqueur, 2008 Mountain Ice (dessert wine, a mix of Voignier and Chardonnay) and 2005(?) Voignier. Tsktsk, big spender!

Photobucket


But then my parents bought 6 bottles, 3 of each Cherry Liqueur and Mountain Ice because I liked it >_>

Then we finally reached the cherry picking farm at 3pm!

Photobucket
My box with the cherries I picked.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kebu and D's box in comparison >_>

Photobucket

Photobucket
Everyone happily picking cherries. Maria was happy to finally arrive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Maria kept going deeper and deeper until she got stuck in between the rows and struggled to get back out from the trees -_-

Photobucket
My pathetic amount of cherries that got laughed at. Everyone picked cherries by the load; Maria and Nam got a box each, Kevin got an icecream container worth and Darren got a bag for $2.

The lady weighed mine, shook her head and raised her eyebrows and said just give her 50c.

:D!!!

(Turned out my bag was worth much more, at least $1).

HAH. Who's laughing now?!?

I pick the best okay?!? It takes time!

(And because I was eating them as I plucked, and got pissed off at the flies buzzing around).

Each of my parents got a box themselves -_-. Relatives got 1 box between them. Mum bought 6kg worth of honey, Yellow Box and Stringy Bark (I liked the latter better). Always the biggest spenders, my folks. Six bottles of wine, 6kg of honey, two boxes of cherries.

Then it was time to go.

Photobucket

Made a 4hr journey back to Parramatta. I got off with a stiff neck, but perked up at having dinner at Pho Pasteur. MMMMM I was definitely in the mood for Pho!

We departed and got home slightly before 10pm.

Once again: sorry you missed out all the fun, Midori. You shouldn't go overseas for so long anymore :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MORE LIKE WITH SOMETHNG ELSE. ;)

Kevin said...

I DID NOT SAY THAT!

STOP PUTTING WORDS/CHERRIES IN MY MOUTH!

Serena said...

CLOSE ENOUGH.

ButterflyCoffin said...

...

4 hours?! 4 x 2 = 8. There goes most of the day O__O

The sky looks pretty, looked like a nice day =D

Serena said...

But stops along the way :)