What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Marriage Marriage Marriage

So it seems everywhere I go in China everyone is getting married...

My grandma says it's the "marrying season" -.- wtf??

And what's more ridiculous?

Last night my grandmother referred to me as a child and I said "grandma I'm 20 over here not a child anymore!!"

My grandmother replied "you haven't 'cheng nian' yet!"

I asked my uncle what that meant and he goes it means I haven't married yet. So apparently I'm not even gonna be an adult until I've married -.- I inquired further and he said if I never marry I'm never an adult.. if I marry then divorce I am still an adult -.-

I realise the institution of marriage is so important here, my grandmother often gossip about it to her friends, they often talk about matchmaking and introducing who to who and grandma often seems to look down on those above 30 and unmarried.

And I often joke about how I'll be 30 and unmarried -.-

I don't think even if my grandmother got a life terminating illness, she would die until she sees me married and with child T_T and if she could she would live until my bro and sis does the same...

If anyone is getting married or has a boyfriend she goes "thank goodness" as if she's saying "phew, glad that one's become an adult."

Chinese people, especially my grandma is particularly concerned with what the parents of the person does, especially if it's a female looking for a male. I guess I don't care =/ It's how responsible and hardworking the guy actually is that matters to me. If the parents own multinational companies but the son spends carelessly, how long would he be able to keep the company alive? My grandma's weird though sometimes she agrees with me other times she doesn't on this matter -.-

Last night my aunties and her were talking about it again and my 2nd auntie said I should marry a Australian and have Eurasian babies (wtf same thinking as me!!), while my uncle said I should marry Chinese but if he introduce any it wouldn't be 'up to my standard'.

Which brought my grandmother to talk about this family friend of mine whose like 25. Apparently he wanted to marry some girl in China but his dad won't let so now he's just 'mingling around' in Australia. My grandma was saying his dad said he wouldn't mind me marrying him -.-. I am fully aware of this because he's asked me before to marry his son and he will give me a house and a car and anything I want (wtf so tempting ><)

Which brought my grandmother to another story! Apparently some family friend I haven't met before, his dad, after hearing I am my dad's daughter and doing nutrition at usyd (his son also does nutrition), said if i want I can marry his son. My grandma tells me he has 2million dollars I dunno his total wealth or how much he'll give me XD? And like some 1million dollar house! Why haven't I met this guy yet and his father already wants me to marry his son T_T I told grandma to tell my mum to bring me to meet this guy who does nutrition of which there are very few...

Oh the other day somehow my grandma brought up my friends and there seemed to be confusion amongst them so I took out a photo of snow trip (I printed off some photos to show relatives). She asked why ray had his arm around vvn in the photo and I told her, then she pointed to minglez bf and then her and then she goes oh so that one is with that one, that one is with that one etc along excluding me. She pointed to the top row of guys to match with the bottom row of girls -.- In other words.... B you're with Josh and S you're with Kebu XDDDD but I'm with my boy =).

And then my grandma said D looks the best out of the guys (S seriously is my grandma trying to match make >.>?)

I'm going in Beijing in 3 days!!

<3 Midori.

PS I still <3 my honey... I'll only marry those rich guys if the nutrition guy is good looking...

No I'm kidding if I'm older and desperate -.-

no seriously kidding I won't marry them ><... I think... >.>

2 comments:

ButterflyCoffin said...

Geez~ M has so many rich males just waiting in line...I guess you won't be poor in the future! xD

In other news, marrying is for the weak. Weak females who are pressured by social standards and weak males who don't know how to take care of themselves >(
Or those who have contracted the deadly disease of 'love' of course =\ That one either goes away on its own, or if cases of it escalate, it's immediately curable by marriage.
Which usually should only occur once.
Use it wisely.

Serena said...

You're hilarious B <3

It would be a (my) mother's dream come true if I were at the top of my career and unmarried at the age of 35 :) Nobody is getting married here! I want to go to a wedding DDDx

And no grandchildren, but she wouldn't mind me having cute Eurasian babies to cuddle and coo over. I opt to get my mother a cat in the future. Maybe you should for grandma, too M LOLOL.

And WTF WHY DOES EVERYONE MATCH ME WITH KEBU *GLAREGLAREGLARE* I don't date best friends!