What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is totally studying....

So does anyone else have really really boring lecturers on really interesting subjects? I had 8am molecular biology and genetics lectures with a typical old professor lecturer dude. It was so early and his voice was so boring I ALWAYS fell asleep in his lectures. I don't even know why I bothered to wake up for them -.-.

Anyway I'm studying now and relistening to his audio cuz his subject is on stem cells and other stuff I wont bother explaining that are recent and aren't in textbooks.

While listening I learnt this: Did you know to make transgenic animals they perform vasectomies on many male mice O_O. Poor poor things. Did you also know that every single time a female mice mates it thinks it's pregnant XD. So how does this all fit together. Well they get sterile male mice and make it "mate" with the female mice who starts making sure it's ovaries and such stuff in its uterus are ready for the baby it thinks it's having. Now scientists need those perfect conditions to implant eggs into the mice to make it produce more mice that express different genes yadayada etc. An the only way to do that is to have sterile male mice make the female mice "pseudo pregnant"

Haha I find it so funny a yet sad >.> I wonder who does these vasectomies...


"It's too big, it's too wide
It's too strong, it won't fit
It's too much, it's too tough
He talk like this 'cause he can back it up"

Tralalala!

Love,

M.

No comments: