What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Hate Things That Don't Autosave

Finished my last and ONLY exam for the semester! Now I have until the end of July to bum around and do nothing HAHAHAHAHA! I was forced to wake up at an UNGODLY HOUR of 5am so I can get to my exam which starts at 8:30am. When I left the house it was still bloody dark.

Sun-bloody-RISE at Westmead.

It's been a very very long time since I last saw the sunrise.




Me looking extremely tired and haggard at 7am.




Actually I spend the afternoon shopping then took a loooooong nap and made N impatient and log off MSN to go to sleep =/ He thinks I'm still mad at him from yesterday, but I'm not because everyone knows that I never hold a grudge and things solve themselves after I have my beauty sleep!

So I am now plucking my unruly eyebrows, which I haven't done in...such a very long time (I really stopped caring about my looks when I go to uni, seriously) and wow. Just. Holy crap. I need to expend more time to groom myself.

Drawing in my eyebrows so I know the general shape and where to pluck.




Ta-da! Looking groomed!




I really need to do something about my dark circles that make me look like I'm 25.

Tomorrow's agenda includes a foot soak with Dettol, because I have a hunch my feet are starting to smell wtf.

I'm also starting to come down with a cold despite all the vitamins and supplements I am taking. Winter is not my friend.

I think I should also invest in a straightener so I can curl or straighten my hair on bad hair days. Midori, I need IN WRITING what brand yours is and how much because if you tell me again I'll just forget it, again. Butbut, that means I'll need to work very very hard in order to afford one. N coming to Sydney is really making my wallet cry -_-

Ahh my $900 Rudd money...all gone...

PS. Will edit this post with pictures when I upload them.

EDIT: Backlogging!

EDIT: Back to finishing this post.

Last week we went to Lindt Cafe after my work and had yummy macarons (steer away from the chocolate flavoured onces unless you feel like eating crunchy brownies, I recommend rose and champagne and Midori recommends passionfruit). Then we walked through Pitt St Mall to Town Hall station where I bought a ring from Diva because M convinced me to and it was $3. Sales are the best.




Lookit it's a birdy! My new signature!

On Saturday, I went to the city again with mother and her friend Amy since I didn't have work due to the long weekend, not that there's any business anyway. I needed food and wanted to go to On Ramen but mother thought I was tlaking about the sushi place at the Arcade along the tram tracks passed Belmore Park. We ate good sushi which I forgot the name of the shop, it's opposite Capitol in case you need further directions.

I must say, whoever said that place was expensive was either a liar or a cheapskate.

It was around the same price as all other sushi trains, only the quality was heaps better. The seafood was definitely fresh and delicious and the presentation was lovely. This place is actually run by Japanese patrons unlike most sushi places owned by Koreans o_O

Oh and the giant fish tank in the middle of the restaurant is cool.

After lunch (also known as Serena's breakfast) Amy wanted to go Market City to look at some Asian clothes and of course I dragged them to De Lourve and of course I bought a pair of shoes that Midori thought was a ripoff. Lol. I must agree with her since they were around $70 and it was 20% off T_T That's the only thing I hate about De Lourve.












There was a red tartan with black wedge one and a red, green and black tartan with black wedge but the women thought they looked too schoolgirl-y (I WANT to look younger damnit) and they persuaded me to get the white ones since it looks like Spring/Summer and would go better on me. I shouldn't have listened, they don't suit anything in my wardrobe whereas the black wedges would be much more versatile! Grr.

We ended up walking around and bought a shirt from yd. for Porkie. I had to call him to ask what size he was at yd. xD

Then we ended up shopping at Supre which is Amy's favourite store, but I personally find it really expensive. Although I did manage to get a 3/4 sleeve basic black shirt $12 which is ultra flattering on me (unlike my grey one, now I have to use it as pjs) and a dress made entirely of lace $30, great for layering with a belt. I paid for these myself though *wallet cries*.




Because Freya is actually a monkey called Curious George and can not help herself in the presence of things with holes.




After walking around in Market City trying on more shoes we ended up walking to QVB. We went into Coach and there were a few bags that looked alright, but overall I don't really like Coach. Then we went into Oroton and mother wanted the umbrella and it was on sale for $35!! That is SUCH an expensive umbrella =/

Eventually we made our way to Louis Vuitton and we couldnt see anything we liked, the leather bag I wanted that's like $4000 wasn't on display anymore so we left and went into Gucci.

The sales. Oh god, the sales drive Asians manic.

This is the second time in 2 years that I've seen people queuing to get into Gucci. And frankly, I hate Gucci. I really really hate Gucci. There was only one bag I liked back then and it was sold out when I went back to buy it. After that, I just hated Gucci. The styles are ugly, the leather is inferior to my Linea Pelle and overpriced, plus there are thousands of Asian women who tote around a Gucci monogram bag that it's become worse than LV. At least LV would never cheapen their reputation by putting on a sale.

*sticks snobby nose in the air*

Wtf.

On Monday during shopping after my exam, I bought some aloe vera gel which is a popular American brand but so expensive!!! And some expensive shampoo too boohoo.




I think the aloe vera is working. My skin does feel a bit smoother and not as dry, but it could also be the fact that I've been staying at home everyday. As for the shampoo, this brand makes the BESTBESTBEST conditioner that smells abso-fucking-amazing. Scuse my swearing today, I don't know what's up with me.

Everyone, go look for the Redken conditioner in the gold bottle called All Soft.

It is the best conditioner in the world (it better be, at $26!!). It has flecks of gold glitter in it too o.O

I also managed to cook a few nights ago, Sunday I think. I made salmon and cream pasta which was a failure. Don't try to substitute cream with LOW FAT MILK. However, red wine makes everything taste fabulous and sweet.




Yeah. I'm gonna end this post here. Time to soak my feet in Dettol wtf.

11 comments:

Midori said...

My brand is a Kodo Oasis. I bought it at Shaver Shop at Parra Westfields on the lvl 5 food court floor.

It's pretty good the only reason why my hair isn't very straight is cuz i'm lazy and i randomly straighten random pieces until my hair looks decent XD. I have too much hair to straighten all of it properly -.- I straighten my fringe with it though and it straightens pretty well just humdity/sweat/rain always kills it cuz it's too wispy -.- Mine goes up to 270degrees which may be too hot for your hair but it's got adjustable temperature control and heats up within a minute which is good compared to my other shit one which took 20mins!!!

GHD is overrated! and blood expensive like $200+. I think mine was around $100=\? Forgot so long ago. But you can get pretty decent ones for under $100 considering you dont have as much hair and not as curly as mine. Straightener also curls. Shaver shop lets you try them before you buy XD

Did you end up buying anything while shopping?

Lol i haven't plucked my eyebrows in ages. Boo to exams.

Serena said...

Being a girl is hard work! I only want something around 240 degrees max, and I can do it because I have less (read: BALDING!!!!) hair. I'll need a heat protection serum though.

Yes I bought a few things, will post them up now.

Midori said...

Urgh hair serum is expensive. Buy those spary ones cuz some of those moisturiers/conditioners actually clump with heat contact. Hair serums are so bloody expensive though -.- like $20+ for a small bottle and i don't feel they're that effective =\

Considering you don't have as much hair as me you prob don't have to buy a really good one =\ but make sure it's not too heavy cuz arms get so sore after a while if i straighten my whole head -.-

Kevin said...

Vitamin supplements don't really protect you from illness.Most of what you take is not used anyway. Stop making expensive urine. -___-

Serena said...

If it was up to me, I wouldn't take them in the first place T_T

Kevin said...

Ah, I see I see.

ButterflyCoffin said...

I've been living a totally unhealthy lifestyle this year and I'm still not sick.


WHY?! Everyone around me is sick, unifriends, family...why am I not sick?!

Serena said...

I'm not sick, YET, but I do feel the effects of a cold coming down on me and my hands have been perpetually cold since last week. I decided to put socks on my feet so they'll get some protection from the cold.

Oh read this post again, I just added more stuff xD Unless you don't care about me ranting on about designer brands.

Kevin said...

If you want to be sick, I'll bring back some H1N1 for you. Now...

"Because Freya is actually a monkey called Curious George and can not help herself in the presence of things with holes." <= LOL!

Anyway, that sushi place ("Umi", was it?) has a Teochew sushi chef. :/

I forgot what else I was going to say.

Serena said...

They had 2 Japanese sushi chefs and another 3 who I didn't see their nametags so I couldn't tell. The one in front of me was called Tatsuya.

The waitresses were not Jap though.

Midori said...

Omg now you're using wtf XD Haha Suet influence!

Aww you didnt show us the stuff in supre!

Return the shoes! Exchange!!! Sell on Ebay XD?

did you sue flash on the cat >.> The picture still looks dark and the eyes are scary!! ><