What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Life in Motion

I guess the reason why I haven't posted anything in ages is cuz my life has been really boring.

No parties, no clubs barely meeting anyone. I guess it's a sense of the life to come, no one has any real time for anyone else work seems to cloud everyone's weeks. There'll always be something more important than meeting an old friend. So my days are filled with going to uni, studying in the library while waiting for my bf, going home or going out with bf and then go home, study, surf the net, watch scrubs/chuck/house/gossipgirl/heroes/whatever I can get my hands on. Cuz the boy is the only one who has time for me now -.-

So here's a little update

I've been craving this damn chicken and ginseng soup hotpot for months now and I finally got it at this Korean place.. Don't remember what it's called.. Fullhouse or something?


Boyfriend's egg roll thingy. It wasn't very nice.. too tomatoey and it's chilli.


Yum yum... watching it boil away...

Fat baby chicken stuffed with sticky rice and chestnuts


Went Pepper Lunch and after i saw these pretty deserts at 85 degrees. They were actually quite nice. I think they're new ones.


last last week or something went to eat Japanese pizza. Here's all those people making takoyaki. They're so efficient! We waited.. many many hours to get the Japanese pizza cuz the street stall wasn't set up yet. I don't feel it was worth it but I promised him he'll have his Japanese pizza if I got my chicken.


Had some fried squid while waiting. They're so much yummier than restaurant stuff -.-



I love being a science student. This is a small part of a guinea pig intestine (ileum) that's kept alive in that organ bath then we injected it with drugs to stimulate the muscle and then inject more drugs to unstimulate it.


Doesn't it look cool!?


made pasta in nutrition class! From scratch! That's our fettucinni drying up nicely...


Cooked end result! It's a lot yummier than the store bought ones. The texture is a lot better but damn it is hard work kneading dough.. a LOT of hard work...


Then we made muffins to compare the effect of using sugar and the effect of using Equal (artificial Sweetener) sugar. We picked to make sugar muffins!


Oh we also cooked diff types of rice. We picked sticky rice and we measured water content, tested texture, taste etc.


Mufins cooking... left ones are equal sugar. right ones are normal sugar.



It was this chick's birthday and we were signing happy birthday until we got to the name part and half of us didn't know her name lol! Her friends stuck some candles on muffins but they were the Equal sugar ones.


Equal Sugar muffins


Normal sugar muffins.

Besides the obvious texture change the equal muffins were absolutely disgusting believe it or not... It was not sweet at all. The sweetener is broken down by the heat so there's no flavour. So kiddies do not use equal sugar to bake if you wanna lose weight.

Btw remember that convo where butterfly leaked our link. My bf says he won't look at it because he respects my privacy. I don't believe him because if I was given a link I am not meant to see I would open it and pretend I didn't cuz I have no self control T_T He goes he won't look at it cuz he knows it means a lot to me. Who thinks he will peek??

That's all.

Midori.




3 comments:

Serena said...

HOI MR D, ARE YOU PEEKING NAOZ?!

I can't believe Nutrition was a uni codename for Home Economics D< PASTA AND MUFFINS?! Omg why so lucky...I also see pasta sauce in the background. You guys ate it didn't you T_T

I don't like Equal because they claim to be 97% sweetness of sugar but they lie, I detect 40%, if at all.

Anonymous said...

lol I dun think he'll peek.

vvn said...

did you want to go clubbing, midori? ;) ;)
*hint hint*.

I don't think he'll peek either. But if he does, I'm sure he does it with restraint.

ohmygod, yuo make food in uni! I'm really shocked, but hey, it IS nutrition. *thumbs up*