What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Butterfly Dream

There were two worlds: Reality, and Imagination. Reality was where everyone resided - the world that we all knew.
Imagination was the parallel world behind Reality. A being inside Imagination couldn't be seen from Reality, but they could see everything inside Reality. Moreover, from within Imagination, you could see the life forces of beings inside Reality.

A sage taught me how to travel from Reality to Imagination and back again, and I became a correspondent.
It was then that I realised that all small animals had the ability to freely travel between Reality and Imagination, and many frequently went into Imagination in order to escape something from within Reality.

Playing around with my new powers, I turned into a kitten to play with other kittens, exploring the world around us. We were chased by something, so I led them under an overhanging rock, where I told them all to escape into Imagination on the count of three.
And old cat lying nearby looked at us sadly, and said: "Fools, there is no Imagination here, only a giant hole, and two Realities."
I would've denied it, but now that I was supposedly in Imagination, I found the two worlds exactly the same.
Slightly freaked, I ran to other 'rooms' where I tried to travel back into Imagination in each one. But each time, I couldn't see the life forces of the people, nor the other creatures within Imagination.
Eventually, I reached the far end of the place, and I couldn't get into Imagination there either. So I concluded that by trying to travel to Imagination where a hole in Imagination was, had robbed me of my power.

But I didn't have time to contemplate that, as my party came over and told me that the battle was starting. I was afraid to tell them that I had lost my power, so I just went along.

When we were fighting, I found that something didn't feel right, and right after the first enemy fell, we realised why.
There was nothing within that armour. The creature we were fighting wasn't alive.
I realised, that this was the reason why I saw no life force throughout all the crowds I went through.

I hadn't lost my power. It was just that nothing was alive anymore...

I turned to my companions and told them that none of our enemies were worth fighting - as they were never alive to begin with.
Out leader then poked his head in the door to check if everything was alright, as we told him that there was nothing to kill in this room.
He replied with an "Oh," and then ordered us to go into the next rooms instead.
But I knew from the look on his face that he had already known.
I had also checked out every room before, by accident, but I had checked them nevertheless. And I knew, I knew that there was nothing for us here.

I waited for the leader to leave, and then made to tell my friends.
But I never got to.

Because then I woke up.

PS: Butterfly Dream

1 comment:

Midori said...

oh the butterfly thing is quoted on my door before you enter my room lol.