What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Simplicity of the Film Industry (summary)

Watching Amelie has made me wonder if you can be happy with the simple life.

This idea that skipping pebbles on the river and leading an introverted existence can bring such contentment, and sometimes bliss, is terrifying. In this consumeristic world, we can not bear the thought of living without our computers. The computer and the internet is our life; we depend on it with almost every fibre of our being.

What a sad existence indeed.

But Amelie was quite happy being sheltered, for she have not the experience of constant social contact, friends, partying.

In the end, what we all want is love.

It's undeniable.

I have to agree that Moulin Rouge is one of the greatest films out there for both it's cinematics and the plot. I feel compelled to watch it again, despite the fact that there is great emphasis on "love conquers all" (which made me cringe everytime it was spoken). It's the only reason why I have never disliked Nicole Kidman like my fellow peers. She has lovely, translucent skin.

Again, this film focuses on idealism and idealistic tragedy. Losing the love of your life to sickness is far too romantic to be taken seriously, especially if said loved one dies in your arms. I loved the music, in both Amelie and Moulin Rouge. It was so different. So striking.

"The greatest thing in life is to love and be loved in return."

"How wonderful life is when you're in the world."

I might as well pack my bags and move to Hollywood; if it's impossible to have a perfect real life, film is the next best substitute.

Like the quote in Day For Night: I'd drop a guy for a film, but never drop a film for a guy.

Soon, I'll be lost in the myriad of theatre and film, just like the rest of us.

But at least I'll be happy.


` Serena

No comments: