What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Don't Drive When You Can't

Good evening, avid readers. Serena here, bringing you the latest and greatest news that is sure to put a smile on your face and point and laugh at me.

As usual on a Saturday morning, I woke up at 4:20am and went to work. Good thing we sold about 36 rolls, it was pretty decent considering it's a weekend. I spent heaps of credit on smsing Reila and trying to figure out the fastest way to get a hold of this movie I needed desperately. She sounded annoyed at me. I wasted the whole day, haven't started on my essay which I was supposed to start 2 days ago. BAH.

After stressing for the whole day about getting Rabbit Proof Fence for my assignment, I finally went to Blockbuster to grab more than a few goodies. I can finally watch Amelie!

They didn't have Rabbit Proof Fence. It was checked out yesterday evening.

I bet they went to my uni T_T

During the ride home, mother decided to make me drive despite my reluctance. After all, we were pretty close to home and I really should start learning to drive and get my P's. Chucked the L plates on the car and off I went. I have shit foot co-ordination.

I turn the corner of the traffic light, scared that the car beside me was going to hit me because they wanted to zoom ahead. Hello, that's my lane, jackass. I swerve to the side when mum notices flashing lights.



"Is that a police car?"




I didn't have my licence.

We swapped, in almost plain view of the cops (because they were gonna pull us over anyway since I'm an L plater) and they wave us in. They do the unnecessary but mandatory breath test on mum, checked her licence, then caught me out for not having a licence while driving. I have to get out of the car trying to prove my identity without any identification on me. Tough luck.

They can't find my name in the RTA. This system has a problem, because I am a fully and legally registered learner! Mum has to go home and get my licence (which is ironically only 4 blocks down, figures) and I'm stuck with two cops in the cold while I'm going "shitshitshitshit". Fun.

Ever heard of "good cop, bad cop"? Well, Constable Jones is good cop. He's shocked to learn that this was my second time driving, ever. And it was real bad luck that I forgot my purse (which I take everywhere). He laughs when I tell him I'm scared *coughterrifiedcough* of driving. I would most likely get fined $80, which is horrible. I can buy so much with $80.

Talking with police isn't so bad when they are friendly. They make me feel better about my shitcake UAI, and that I actually got into a university. They were just going to pack up and leave - yes, bad luck for me indeed that I showed up and became their last pullover. It's funny how they do the talking by asking you questions, to know a lot about you in so little time yet you know nothing about them except perhaps their name. I just found that interesting.

Bad cop kept going "How do I know you have a licence? How can we prove your identity?". HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW?! WHY DON'T YOU FOLLOW ME HOME AND I'LL SHOW YOU?!!?

So mum comes back, they find out that I'm a real person and I await the $80 fine they'll give me. Instead, I get let off with a strict warning.



...


Sweet.

I feel bad though. It would be right to take my card AND fine me, but they did neither and my record lays untarnished. Sort of.

Just as I'm leaving, Constable Jones yells at me.

"HEY SERENA, WHY DON'T YOU DRIVE HOME NOW?"

...

He's doing that on purpose.

Let's just say I won't be driving for awhile.



` Serena

1 comment:

Midori said...

Reila always sounds pissed off: it will be here undoing.

I recorded Amelie off SBS, like the foreign language films on the USyd server. I told you to go for Italian! French New Wave was influenced by Italian neorealism.

I don't even know if the terms I'm using are right.

xD

Constable Jones sounds hot. Let's jump him.



Kebu. Out.