What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Shameless Plugging

Welcome to the debut of Grongbit, the blog with everything impersonal and personal.


Today's post will kick-start our sanctuary with shameless promotion of something I found sitting on the couch when I got home...



What's this sitting here? A package?! For me?!??




Can you see the bubble wrap? I know you're jealous.

And the surprise...





It's my bath bombs. My FREE bath bombs. As soon as you tear apart the box with scissors you get an immediate whiff of soap and fruit. In no time, the smell as spread so that the dining room itself smells of bath bombs. I got these from www.premiumbathworks.com.


A bit of background info. Premium Bath Works is an online establishment (and I use that term loosely) run by a male who goes by the elusive name Phil. He makes all the products himself and as a hobby that is expanding into a business.





The bombs (which are huge; they are almost the size of my palm) come in a large variety of “flavours”. Personally, I would really like to try Orange Champagne, Green Tea, Tea Tree and White Tea. Can you tell I like tea related things? So far, I am liking the scent of the Peach one. Apple smells like apple cinnamon muffin and musk to me. They smell edible if you disregard the hint of soap smell; Phil has made it his mission to make sure people do NOT eat it by adding a warning. Customers have been known to ignore this warning and lick it anyway.


Packaging is cute. Even the delivery box is a delight, because I simply adore packages addressed to me. It’s like Christmas. The bombs themselves are bound with ribbon and wrapped in colourful tissue paper - gorgeous. The pamphlet sheet isn’t tacky either as it’s printed on glossy paper in full colour. How great is that?

I will be using them tonight. But a few girls who already received their bombs have said that it makes the water soft so you're slipping into volumes of luxury. Easy enough to use; pop it into a tub of warm/hot water and watch it's effervescent properties take effect. Not to mention you'll have fun watching the bomb fizzle around in your tub, releasing bursts of scent and bubbles. Personally I haven't tried it yet, so later on I'll be putting up my verdict on them.

But yeah. Buy it, Midori, BUY ITTT.

EDIT: So I tried Apple and I have to say the green colour of my bathwater is suss as well as cool. It's not as hyped as it seemed when reading the reviews of it from my fellow blog friends. Yes, the water is silky and your skin is such. It does smell very nice, but too spicy (perfume term) as I prefer fresher scents (Lavender would go well to add to the aromatherapeutic essence). It's also not as pungent once it dissolves thoroughly, but you can definitely smell the difference once you get out of the bathroom then come back in.

Overall, I'd give this product a 7/10. One, the price is hefty in my opinion and two, I was expecting a bit more xD Not bad, I would buy this again if I feel like splurging but not Apple. I want Green Tea...

5 comments:

Midori said...

Three things concern me here:
MALE HAND MAKING bath bombs (which are mostly designed for females) wrapped in what looks to be ordinary TISSUE PAPER.

Sounds shifty already.

M.

Midori said...

Kebu, here.

"Thou shalt not send bombs through the mail."

Bath bombs included D<

Midori said...

You guys are awful. Did I mention he's a hot Caucasian? The site originally belonged to a girl who is probably still part of it. And what's wrong with ordinary tissue paper? It's simple and adds to the illusion of delicacy.

` Serena

Midori said...

Illusion of delicacy?? More like image of shiftiness.

No matter, Hot Caucasian excuses it all.

Midori said...

Is he gay? 8D