What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Grasp of Reality

It's been a long and tiring day. My eyes burn, but I resist and must blog because it is my duty to record the mundane life.

I woke up at 8, surprisingly. I slept very late yet I still woke up so early. Why couldn't I have done that on Thursday? One of my tutes were cancelled (along with my debate :D!) and I was too lazy to get up so I jigged the other one. Don't worry, that tute wasn't important.

Late night I decided I wanted to get out for a bit and see the friends that I missed, and I truly do miss them. Uni is an interesting hell for me; great classes and topics but awful student society. I hate it very much so. I wanted to take up Kebu's offer to go clubbing, but it was pretty late and last minute by then. But I suppose there was no point anyway.

Today we got Kebu out of the house, to get away from everything. We ate Viet food at Cabra and I ordered something crap. I could've gotten the same thing from the street vendors. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was good. Being on the same table as my closest and most valued friends let me forget about my troubles and thoughts on my university social life. It was good. I even got to wear my grey contacts for the first time! I've been itching for a reason to wear them, and now they are making jmy eyes itchy. I should go take them off after this.

Most of the afternoon after lunch was at Darren's, but Midori didn't want to go. I played Dirty Minds to pass the time; Super Smash Brawl wasn't interesting to me.

I left Gossip Girl at Darren's house! I'm sorry M!! xD

But I digress. I suppose the main reason I am writing this isn't because I want to show off my contacts, regardless of how fabulous and non-Asian they make me look.

The past few days, including the weeks previously that led to it, has made me wonder about the biggest regrets in my life. I am hardly lacking in any, but I am quite critical when it comes to labelling events that qualify as having an impact on -possibly- the rest of my existence.

It surfaces, both of them, more and more with the passing of the days on campus. It has made me remember things best left forgotten so that I can move on and aim for the future instead of dwelling on the past. But I am not allowed to heal. I am not allowed to be relinquished from the chains of the worst year ever. It haunts me.

It haunts you.

You can't hide.

You can't forget.

The reasons come back, and the desperate reasoning argues with voices in my head.

Why?

Why?

Why did you leave?

It's not your fault, M, that your blonde, blue-eyed surfer friend reminds me of what I gave up.

I messaged him. He answered.

Why?

Why?

Why didn't I get band 6 for HSC? I have doomed myself in this god forsaken hole in inner western Sydney.

And whose fault, pray, is that, my dear Serena?


Don't you dare forget that.

~~~

` Serena

No comments: