What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Guess what I got...

Please allow me to indulge and be spoilt for this post!

So yesterday I had a lesson off at Uni in the afternoon and decided I wanted to go see the Artexpress with my crush. We went by a watch store on the way and as I'd been on the lookout for a new watch since Christmas time went inside for a quick look not expecting to find anything.

Daddy had promised to get me a new watch as I have spent somewhere in the vicinity of $80-$90 trying to repair my ancient at least 10year old automatic Sieko watch. Being very upset at the fact that it seemed irrepairable, my parents decided my dad will buy me a nice new watch. Not the markets $10 type watch a real nice one.

So I took them to Gregory and they decided NO Chanel, NO Omega, NO Longines.

Lol maybe I scared them a little with my definition of nice! XD

Anyway I went into the watch store and saw a beautiful watch... like omfg. I want! The watch face was a bit big for my liking but I decided to take a look anyway. I put it on and was hooked! The fact that it was discounted to about where my dad said was acceptable and the pretty elegant design got me hooked.

Sadly it was 1pm in the afternoon and I could not call my dad to confirm whether I could buy it or not as I could not really recall if it was within my dad's price range. So the sales assistant said he will reserve it for me for an hour and I can pick it up later if I was really set on it.

He put it in an envelope for me and we went off to AGNSW to see the Artexpress.

Artexpress had some interesting artworks but they mostly had similar themes. It seems always that at least one of the artworks has to be about aboriginal heritage, sexism, feminism, racism, teenage emoness, globalisation, poverty, cultural heritage, music, individuality etc. I swear every year, all the works embody at least one of those themes.

I'm not saying the artwork isn't all of excellent quality but it gets a bit repetitive.

We were hungry by then so we went down the escalators to the gallery restaurant to have a quick lunch. I felt so classy sitting outside looking at the view while eating expensive food at the art gallery. then again we were wearing thongs and backpacks and paint splattered shorts and singlets haha.

So at lunchtime I gave a call to my mum who told me to just get the damn watch. Mummy is so nice!

So we walked back to the watch store and the guy had left it reserved although he said he was only going to reserve it for one hour. One swipe of the card and some boxing later and the beauty is mine!




Watch in box.


Pretty watch!


It's so hard taking photos of it cuz my light was blanking out the screen. It's a Citizen Eco Drive watch, 100m water resistant. The back is mother of pearl and 24 diamonds pave the outer rim of the watch.


See so pretty yeh??

It's my pride and joy atm and with 5 years warranty I'll be wearing it for the longest time.



2 comments:

Serena said...

LOL COPY MY TITLE!

Wow really, diamonds? I like the framing and the hands are very nice and gives it that feminine feel, otherwise it would look like a masculine watch.

How much was it and did your dad end up paying you back?

Midori said...

Yes I did get paid back in cash har har!

It was for...... a large undisclosable sum of money wtf.