What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Uni starts booooo

I don't think my holidays have ever felt this short =\.

Seemed like it came and went so fast!

On Saturday I went to the gym early ish to work out and then go for dinner with minglez, who is back from China, Steven and my boy.



I have been wearing any number of variations on this with this shirt for the past 2 weeks. I love wearing slouchy t shirts again (cuz it makes me look lanky and hence skinnier XD)!!! Ignore my super wonky legs... my calves really hurt this week I think it's cuz I'm not wearing these super high heels =\. Anyway gym was pretty empty and I went for an hour of non-stop workout and then 15mins in the sauna. Felt so good to have aching muscles XD Makes me feel more alive (aka skinny XD).

After gym went to meet up with boy to get his bluetooth headset so he can chat to me on webcam but we still haven't used it yet.... I went to find these combat boots I saw before and they weren't in my size. When my bf asked they said they don't even stock size 36! OMG how come??? I have a very popular shoe size! They were too big and now I am sad =( I was planning on wearing them to every single lab in spring!!!


Minglez picking at her.... duck flat noodle pad thai I think...

She barely ate it -.-


Fried Tofu. This lacked flavour a bit =\ I thought they should've at least salted it.

Oh yeh we were at Bamboodle.

The boy's Chicken hokkein noodles.


Steven with some seafood thingo.


My Green tea noodle red curry XD.

When we were eating this non Asian couple came up to us and asked what I was eating so he could order it XD Then asked which one of us had the best dish and minglez said I did and he ordered the same thing as me!


Dessert! Banana in coconut milk I think. Wanted this sticky rice thing but they don't have it =( I was too busy talking to minglez about toilets and stuff that the boy stole a lot of this to eat himself T_T The banana was a bit unripe but it still tasted alright. The roti is better =)

Sunday was my sister's 10th birthday. Two digits now!!

In the morning we stayed at home to play mario kart (what my dad got her) while my dad went to give umbrellas and chairs to our family friend who was hosting a bbq at his place.

Afterwards we went to play minigolf. We never did end up adding the scores.... but I think my bro was winning XDDD




My dad's swing XD

Later we also went to the bbq at my friend's place. He invited a whole lot of people, 90% of whom I didn't know XD I came to see one thing..


THIS! Roasting a calf.....


I sat down and began feasting at this table with lots of salad. The watermelon went a bit soft as it had been there since the morning and water seeped out of it. I sat and ate seafood skewers, chicken skewers, sticky rice, meat wrapped in tofu pastry, fried large intestines, calf meat, sweet and sour pork, chicken wings, BBQ meat from those Asian stores, pig ears etc etc.

Man stuffed myself.. and my food baby continued to grow from the fattening milk of the red curry from the night before....




More pictures of the roast.... it was practically gone by the time we went but I still had a slice. So tender and good!!! I want to hire one of these roast thingos and have a spit roast for my birthday now!!!



Their new house. The guy who moved here used to be in a partnership with my dad where they co-owned a furniture factory and made furniture. Man those were the good old days for me cuz I'll steal scrap pieces of wood and use them like lego XD


Me and my mum holding a prawn.. she said she needed a prop XD Lookie my beret! It's this really pale purple colour that is too small for my big fat head...


After we got home my sister and I got to making some strawberry friands.


My bro thinks they're delicious and stuffs himself with 3 in a go.


What I got my sister! We then spent some time doing origami before dinner.


Cake! My sister's requested the caramel mu cake for her birthday for like half a year XD


Happy birthday lil sis I hope you look this happy every day =)

Monday was back to work and for some reason uni had roll call. My uni friend is super awesome and answered for me XD. After work I napped and then went to my first day tutoring at James An =)

I stumbled a bit on the first few questions the kids asked me cuz I was nervous XD. But after a while I got the hang of it and it became pretty easy =) I knew how to do it and the kids were pretty smart and my explanations were good I guess cuz they all got it and could apply to next question!

Yay!

I felt so proud of myself =)and the kids!

Left with $30 paycheck and felt a lot richer.

Wednesday
Is my new designated Midori and her bf's day for this semester =)

We went to eat spicy chicken but the place was closed so we went to eat at Ana Vietnamese restaurant. The place that replaced the omelette place at World Square. I had hainanese chicken rice cuz I was craving it and bf had some vermicelli noodles with prawns and sugar cane.

No pictures cuz my phone was out of memory and I forgot my camera!

The chicken was alright but the portions weren't particularly big. I had about 1/4 maybe of a small chicken =\ even the rice potion wasn't very big and it cost me $12.80. At that price I expected something bigger from a Viet restaurant. I also had a mango smoothie at $5.80 and it was quite a tall but thin glass. Bf had an iced coffee that was quite nice though with afternoon special of $3 or it would be $4.80.

I won't be going back there again. There are better places to eat and it was a rip off for the stuff they served =\.

Oh I got a random nosebleed too! Almost dripped on my rice >< . Still craving nice hainanese rice, anyone know a place? I am tempted to try cooking it myself!

Afterwards we strolled into David Jones and Myer looking at expensive cosmetics and bags XD. Then it was off to lindt for some dessert. We bought $20 worth of macarons and ate and ate... we have now practically tried all the flavours XD They were pretty yummy =)

I still like em better than Adriano Zumbo ones. I shall try the lindt desserts next time cuz my uni friend says she likes em better than Guylian ones and portions are bigger.

Still clutching some macarons or Delice as Lindt calls them we heading to botanic gardens and strolled around while I educated him on the life cycle of angiosperms and gymnosperms XD at the fernery.

Then it was off to show him the very rare Wollemi pine (sp?) and then the succulents and rare plants and then we sat on benches cuz the birds shit on the grass and napped and talked about obscene stuff that only M and D will know, with the harbour view.

Romantic eh?

Feeling pretty good we then strolled back along the harbour back to the opera house and sat there for a while before heading back to circular quay station where I spotted a fish and chips place!

No didn't eat any that day XD went home after that where I read Mx while he napped on my shoulder uncomfortably.

Now I have cravings for Fish and Chips so we're going tomorrow to this place that apparently sells really good fish and chips in Darlinghurt! Will update with how good it is!

15 comments:

Serena said...

How come Minglez didn't eat! Mmm green tea noodles and red curry...

I have only been to a BBQ with spit roast calf ONCE, it was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOOOOOOOOOD. If you get it for your birthday CAN I STAND NEXT TO IT :D

Your mum is learning how to be a camwhore! >D

I've never tried Hainanese chicken rice, and my dad is Hainanese! WTF. I need to eat that someday. Oh and Lindt eclairs aren't that great because the choux pastry turns soft in the fridge, and they are very sweet. As for the cakes, you have to try those.

And it's MACARON, not macaroon (macaroons are balls of flakey coconut) >=( I thought me spelling it right would come through! And Lindt calls them Delice, not Delish xD

Serena said...

Omg I are jealous that you have more food escapades than me boohoo not going to a City uni is the suck T_T

Midori said...

Minglez didn't eat much at all cuz she later stated she wasn't that hungry and she didn't like it cuz it was slightly sweet -.-.

Oh man the spit roast was so tender. I thought it might be hard and stuff cuz of all that roasting but it was so awesome.....

I have corrected all spell errors! I spelt them macarons! but then spell check said macaroons so i corrected it!I'm not a fan of eclairs anyway. Have you tried the cakes? I wanna try some they're cheaper than Guylian too at about $12 each.

Of course i have heaps of food escapades. Dude all i talk about on here is where i go eat >.> That's about all that is blog worthy XD. Oh i hear there's a nice place that has Hainanese chicken rice on Church street parra!

Serena said...

Dude I blog about all kinds of random shit here >.>

Aw Minglez. Thai food is usually sweet though. I've never tried the cakes but I've always wanted to. Lindt icecream in cookies and cream (forgot the name) was pretty good, large chunks of cookies in it but rather expensive.

Yes I also heard about that place in Parra but I hear you have to book because it's busy? That's the place I'm supposed to try with family, but my parents put things off months at a time. We were meant to go Korean BBQ like 4-5 months ago.

Kevin said...

Pad Thai is always sweet... She should know that from going to USyd, few minutes walk away from $6.50 Thai lunch specials. =________=

This post was too long, so I gave up after bbq.I've never been back to Lindt Café because the first time I went, I had the eclair. That's how bad it is.

P.S.: TAKING PHOTOS IN THE GYM LOCKER ROOM IS SO WRONG!

Kevin said...

I'm so sick of Korean... Went Seoulria twice in 3 days. =_=

Midori said...

Oo where's that? Is it a good place??

NOw everyone knows what the gym change rooms look like ;P

Kevin said...

Had any action in the change room?

Midori said...

Does taking my clothes off count as action? No XDDD

Serena said...

Oooh yes action! A lot of hot, sweaty women stripping ;DDDDDDDD

Kevin said...

I ALWAYS KNEW THAT YOU WERE A LESBIAN!

Serena said...

Is that for real or are you just saying xD

I could be bi? *shifty eyes*

COUGH COUGH AHEM.

I just made this post more interesting :o

Kevin said...

I didn't mean you. You go without saying. XD

Midori said...

oh yeh i like hot sweaty women changing too ;P

Kevin said...

I KNEW IT!