What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Adriano Zumbo

Thursday
Work yawn....

Asian guy talked to me for like 15 mins lol and introduced himself and shook my hand.

Friday
Got Asian guy's number.......




For JEFF! Cuz there's a job offer.Wtf I like smart guys who do er.... pharmacy >.>

Boring day at work again. Starting to get really annoyed at this coworker who always pretends she knows everything urgh.

Saturday
Wanted to go straighten hair permanently as, my now whole head of unstraightened hair, was too high maintenance.

Trackwork on so had to take a bus and then when I got there they told me they were too busy!

Feeling crappy, I went to get my watch repaired at the local watch repair place. Along the way were shops and ended up buying a set of cheapo flannette $13 pjs and $30 pair of 10cm heels cuz they were on sale!!! Also bought a science magazine cuz it had an interesting article about nutrition ($12.95 for a measly few pages) and then my watch repair cost me a whopping $80!!!!

Went home feeling crappy cuz I'd just spent the amount I would've spent straightening my hair -.-

Went gym early in the evening with S and her brother and did a mad amount of exercise whole time thinking "screw voluptuous, want Kiera Knightley's abs, keira knightly's abs..."

Tried canceling gym membership but they weren't very nice about it and said my account was put on hold previously so my contract hadn't ended (ended up paying for holding the account -.-)

Sunday

Went to: Adriano Zumbo

Sunday date ritual with my boy =)



I really love this shirt but it's super fragile cuz it's made of cheapo Chinese fabric and string. Every wash I can see it fraying away T_T. It was looking a little formal so I chucked some chains together from random necklaces and linked them together. The chain ribbon thing was on my hair but it was getting really annoying so I ended up wearing it as a necklace. I can also use it as a bracelet! Super economical and closest to Chanel I can afford now at $5 from Diva XDD. Oh and Sass and Bide jeans. Omg so pretty and comfy!

Took a lot of effort and double and triple checking to get there but it was relatively easy considering I used trip planner, google maps and printed each bus stop, timetable and 2 maps >.>

After buying almost $50 worth of cakes we walked to Mort Bay to sit and eat.


The large amount of macarons I bought! I think I bought half the flavours. I cant remember all of them but there was hazelnut, pistaccio, vanilla and er others like this one that tasted like jam but too sweet! and there was one where the filling tasted like butter which was a little sickening... $2 each!

However most were too sweet and chewy rather than airy like the way I like it =( I prefer Lindt ones!


Cake 1: Amanda Made the Cut 6/11/81 $7.90


Aww man look at the layers in order: milk passionfruit caramel mousse, passionfruit marshmellow, lime creme, coconut crunch and brownie.

This was the 2nd cake we ate well technically I ate cuz D got full after the first cake T_T

I had forgotten what flavour I got so when I bit into this it tasted like oranges for some reason =/. It was too sweet for my liking though but this may have been cuz I had just had another cake previously.

I didn't like the fruit taste either. The passionfruit had a strong flavour rather than a light hint of passionfruit that I usually prefer.


Cake 2: Wheely Lost $7.80


And from the side. This was prob my favourite. Description was: Hazelnut meringue, anzac moisture, mint chocolate disc, vanilla apple tatin chantily, apple tatin compote.

It was so yummy on the outside but then I didn't like the fruit centre so I made D eat all the centre >.>


Cake 3: Pine Nut Millefeuille $7.90. Pine nut gianduja mousse, dark chocolate creme, pate feulletage, sacher sponge.

I got this mainly cuz Chocolate Suze said this was really good. I dunno if it's cuz I had too much by then but I didn't like it that much =/ It's prob my 2nd favourite out of the 3 though. The crust bit on the top was slightly too bitter for my liking although this may have been influenced by the large amount of sweetness I had consumed. Overall it was nice though but I ended up bringing a majority of cake 1 and 3 home to eat cuz we couldn't finish it -.-

PS The rest of the entry contains a lot of memories mostly recorded for myself. May contain too much mush to be handled XD?



The pretty view as we lay on the grass.

It started being too hot in the sun so we sat down on the shade, then after having nothing to do we lay down in the grass staring at the clouds going by and arguing over whether we saw a fox, dog, dragon or penis -.-

Somehow I asked if he remembered Mr Squiggle; that puppet that had a pencil for a nose and drew upside down! And we lay on the grass giggling and drawing upside down from squiggles XD



Then I made my mark on his face >=)

His skin was dry and flaking! So I searched my bag for moisturiser but couldn't find any just a concealer stick so I drew with that instead XD

We laid there for ages plucking his nose hair (wtf yes we are gross >.>), him protecting his er... family jewels as everytime I turned and swung my legs around wildly he didn't trust me T_T, measuring our heartbeats and seeing how slow we can get them by meditating and general silliness.

I guess this is what I enjoy the most because I feel so comfortable in his presence and I can be so silly and he'll still wrap me up in a hug. I don't need Christian Louboutin shoes, Hermes bags or Chanel earrings (it would be nice though =)) as long as we can have quiet moments like this where words are not needed and enjoyment is found within each others company.


Trying to capture harbour bridge view but failing cuz my head is too big >.>


Being silly waiting for the bus lol.

As we were walking I think we were talking about whether he was gonna play his new game when he got home or not and he said no he'll play on Monday (this part is all unclear to me cuz all I remember is the next part =)) He said he'll play on Monday cuz

"I miss you when you're at work"

so he'll use the game to preoccupy himself while I'm not there =). I stopped him in his tracks and made him repeat it to me XD and then I had the most massive grin on my face and said "okay" and continued to walk away while he asked me "what do you mean okay??" It's very rare he says these things on his own free will, I always push it out of him okay >.>

Bf had a craving for Japanese ramen so we took a bus back to Townhall and slowly strolled to central to eat at On Ramen. We passed the new place open near the mochi place and although it smelt quite good he was determined to have ramen from On Ramen -.-.

We were still quite full from desert/lunch so we went browsing JB Hi- Fi and EB Games and Game and I saw Joanne Fu at JB Hi-Fi with Winnie Chan. Wow her hair is so much longer than her original short bob. She goes I haven't changed -.- WTF My hair totally changed right =(?

We went to check out what replaced that rice/pancake place that S said closed down and found a viet restaurant we said we will go to next time. D was tired from walking so we sat down at the food court place and I just chatted cuz I love to talk XD. lol no really he just likes listening to me telling stories about my oh so fascinating life.... Oh his dog Bobo died =(

Went wondering in and out of random shoe stores cuz my flats were breaking =( the metal rod inside was coming out and I kept tripping but didn't find any I liked. After we went out of Market City we saw this police car parking illegally!



On Ramen yay!!

I told D we always visit the same spots again and again and he said it's cuz they're good so we crave it every so often and end up going to eat it XD


Side dish 1: Grilled Squid. This is super yummy recommends!


Side dish 2: takoyaki balls. He really like takoyaki balls I only like the outside stall ones cuz these are too floury and not enough filling.


Chicken terriyaki noodles. The chicken was slightly more burnt than I wanted it to be but the soup and noodles were nice. I still prefer the duck one! The chicken portions on this weren't so generous.


Chatsu (Roast Pork) Ramen. This is the boyfriend's. He had this last time and it was really good. There's slightly too much fat on the meat for me but it really melts in the mouth and notice how the soup isn't some shitty miso crap. The soups at this place are super yummy on a cold winter day =)

Went home after that as it was getting late and I slept on his shoulder on the train home.

Monday
Boring boring work work! So tiring I am now working 10hrs a day cuz I don't wanna whinge about having no money (which I will prob still do as I will be spending money faster with more pay XD). Very tiring by the end of the day as I wash the chairs, sweep the floor, wash toilet, windows, mop the floor etc. My skin is suffering terribly as sometimes I forget to wear gloves =(

Abrupt end >.>

Midori.

1 comment:

Serena said...

I think it is sweet when couples can do gross things (like help pop a pimple?!?) and not be grossed out about it xDDD

Kinda wish I went to Adriano Zumbo. His dish was on Masterchef again today o_O

But then again, will not disturb the happy couple ahem.

I will have moments like that while IN my Louboutins, carrying a Hermes and with Chanel earrings muahahaha!!!