What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Shopping and Basically Spending a Lot of Cash

EDIT: Photos added.


Aloha! Status update on Serena: SHOPPING MUAHAHAHA!

Spent the entire day (Wednesday) driving around Albuquerque and shopping.




Not much to see here, not really.

Open the post!

I was ruthlessly woken up by Mr. N at the ungodly hour called 9am and took me an hour to get out of bed. The horror of having to get up before 12! We left the house at 11 and first went to Cottonwood Mall. This was mostly to exchange the skirt that I bought from Forever 21 because the lining was messed up (note to all who shop at Forever 21, check that zippers work and all that). I then bought another skirt lol. This was a dark blue pleated tulip skirt with large black dots. It looked pretty cute and poofy :D I am currently moving away from my signature poofy flare skirts and going for something more structured and stylish. I was worried that it made my ass big...

Oh I definitely will be looking to buying some Forever 21 clothes online. The only store here is at Cottonwood and though pretty big, it does not have a lot of the things I want. My online shopping cart currently has $266 worth of stuff ^^;




We then went back to Dillard's to look at shoes again. I bought a pair of original black Converse All Stars, nice and versatile. I also tried on the military style booties and decided once and for all that I was not going to get them because they will most definitely be uncomfortable and chafe along my ankles.

I headed out to Victoria's Secret to buy the pj set as the last thing but when I got there I couldn't find the sign that said it was on sale from $49 down to $39. My thought is that they are no longer on sale. I was pretty pissed off after that and didn't feel like I wanted to shop anymore. I really wanted to buy stuff from VS! I stormed out of the shopping centre all annoyed and pissed and N persuaded me to go to Sally Beauty Supply to get the stuff I wanted and I agreed begrudgingly.

Oh man, I got pissed then un-pissed at N so many times today. He's gonna drive me nuts if I don't drive him nuts first.

The drive down to Sally's was quick, everything is situated along that road and it's fairly easy to find things as long as you have a car.

I bought a SHIT TONNE of beauty stuff from Sally's. That place is awesome. I got 4 China Glaze nail polishes, on sale 2 for $10 so I saved about $4. Some famous Queen Helene masques (the cashier said she also used the same products and loved it, thought I made a good choice), more nail stuff, a pair of pretty crystal earrings and another favourite product, Ardell Lash and Brow Excel which some claim to really help grow thicker, longer lashes, and I plan on giving that to you Midori, if you want it. I don't know what to give you guys except American candy D: Or maybe I'll keep it for myself hohoho~

All together I bought $60 worth of beauty products...

And it gets worse because we eventually went to Coronado Mall, the biggest one in the state of New Mexico and I bought the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion from Sephora. Near Sally's was Target, checking out Porkie's games and Mr. N's CD. We ended up going to Walmart, the huge one (imagine your typical grocery store, then triple it to sell clothes, electronics and furniture and you get Walmart with at least 20 aisles) and Best Buys where we finally found one of the CDs and I bought the games Zelda: Spirit Tracks and KH: 368/2 Days.

For lunch I had a chicken burger from Chick-Fil-A which N says makes the best chicken sandwiches. All it was was a thick fillet of crumbed chicken and pickles in a burger bun. Simple as that was, it was some pretty moist, juicy chicken. I forgot to get a root beer with my meal and got a Sprite. I don't know what they offer here xD I was pleasantly surprised to find the bun buttered.

Anyway at Coronado I looked at the bigger Victoria's Secret and they also didn't have the sale stuff anymore. They also don't have the "buy a pj set get free slippers" offer which was there one week ago. Oh well. I tried on some bras to see what size I am and N came up with the brilliant idea of ordering the stuff online if the stores don't have it since the sales were still there online, plus a 15% discount off all purchases ending today. Walked around the mall a bit; N said he was definitely coming back to check this mall out sometime, and unfortunately had to go because we were going to see the River of Lights at the Rio Grande Botanic Garden and it was almost 6pm. Quickly bought a caramel apple and some chocolate truffles and went down to the River of Lights.

Wow.

It was freezing cold. A lot of the small ponds in the gardens was frozen over. But the lights display was surprisingly impressive. Took a lot of photos!




Such a pretty display of snowmen!


Frosty the snowman wtf.




Too dark, oh well at least I can hide my uglyness wtf.


Entrance.


Tower with light soldiers on the top and a flowering vine!


Close-up of the vines.


Giant wind chime?



We walked into a pumpkin house and inside was a spider web and pumpkin seeds floating from the top! At first I thought it was spider eggs infesting the pumpkin and was gonna take over the pumpkin when the hatch T_T






Giant radish. Giant seems to be a common theme.


Giant carrots with lights WTF.


This unicorn was actually flapping its wings!




Look look! This light feature had butterflies that flew out from the flowers!




Carolers.


I think this is part of the river or at least a lake?








Train tracks with a real moving train.


Had to wait ages for the train to come around so we walked on and ambushed it!




We walked through pretty much the whole garden and desperately needed to warm up so Mr. N bought us hot chocolates with the 5 bucks he found on the floor LOL. It was very hot, sweet and marshmallows were complimentary and self-serve. I put a lot in :D so gooood.






Dinner was a Californian Pizza Kitchen. N was craving it because he hadn't had it for a very long time, since he last worked there back in San Diego. It's actually quite a nice restaurant with a wine selection, though it does serve really good pizza.




Pea soup with sourdough and butter and BBQ chicken pizza. Soup was average but warm, I actually liked the bread basket more. The pizza though was so very very nomnom.

After that we were too full to eat anything else because hot chocolate + caramel apple + dinner = fatness so we went home after that lolol.


Thursday night we ran out to get some Chinese food at Rose Garden which is N's favourite place to get his Mongolian beef. The dumplings are awesome though I have a feeling they are beef not pork dumplings. Nevertheless, it was SUPER GOOD. I had a wonton soup with rice noodles which only costed $3.50 O_O N's dish was a bit more expensive but tasted pretty good though personally I prefer more sauce. Easily fixed, poured the dumpling soy sauce and it tasted much better.




Currently shopping list:


  • 6 nail polishes
  • 2 face masques
  • 4 skirts
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • 5 tops
  • 3 shoes
  • 2 beauty/makeup products
  • 4 bras
  • 1 set of pjs


Total spendage?

$400US

That includes the stuff I got online from F21 and VS :D

Ciao bellas!

No comments: