What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Albuquerque Eats

EDIT: Now with photos!


Hey guys! Been away doing...not much actually. Last Friday I was invited by N's roommate/best friend/coworker's parents for dinner and had tacos and chili con carne on tortilla chips, though I wish it went with rice like it's supposed to.

And their house and abso-fucking-awesome. It's a decent sized house and it sits on a small hill, and one storey. Their living room opens up to 6 panels of glass windows that has a view of nearly all of Albuquerque. After dinner I was taken on a tour of the house. The master bedroom was to die for; HUGE four poster bed with elegant carvings (the "dream bed" so his mother says) and the bathroom had a spa, shower stall and TWO walk-in closets!!!!

They also have 2 little dogs and a very old cat who was so cute and pretty and gorgeous I miss my Freya :( And they just got 2 kittens! - which I won't see until next week for another dinner with N's parents.

Garage was big enough to fit 3 cars...

I felt awkward making small talk with other people's parents, especially since they are N's employers xD

Saturday was spent playing boardgames with N and roomie. N won, again. We played Settlers of Catan and I kept losing and coming in last T_T

I then came down with something that night and I was supposed to go shopping and see City of Lights near the river but I wasn't up to it so it was another slow day watching drama, playing games and watching the Sunday football. Lots of beer to be had.

On Monday I was feeling heaps heaps better so I am fine guys. I am recovering and it wasn't serious after all. I used less heater around the house and my skin became less dry, which had been dying ever since I got here because of this super dry N wanted to take me to an Asian restaurant he's seen but never went to. He wants to try a lot of new things while I'm here. The restaurant, Jinja Bar & Bistro, actually served a variety of cuisine all over Asia, so there was a bit of everything there. I really wanted to try the Honey Plum tea which had hints of hibiscus and a fruity aftertaste but they don't serve that anymore :(

I just got an iced water. Oh yeah, the cups they have here are massive and most drinks are refilled for free. At least, the brewed tea I had at Spinn's was refilled for free. Unfortunately my stomach isn't as big as normal people and I can never ever finish my drink.

We had a booth with a view of the city (night view too, I'm seeing lots of pretty lights). The booth was squishy and had cushions! N didn't know it was going to eb this fancy xD And outside the window framing the view were baby bamboo trees.






I ordered fried dumplings/pot stickers which came with a "Shanghai" style sauce which turned out to be soy sauce, sesame oil and chili oil. Not bad. As you can see we ate most of them before I remembered to take photos -_- I saw sweet potato fries and just had to order them too xDDDD I LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!!!!!! Served with 3 dipping sauces, sweet chili, tomato and chili.




Mr. N had the Shaking Beef and I had the Heavenly Beef. Gah, I couldn't decide on what I wanted to eat so chose anything. It was pretty good, though not as Asian tasting as I thought lol. But oh my god...the beef...the beef was...so good...



There was a cucumber salad marinated in probably wine vinegar and sugar, a sweet and tangy sauce and pineapple with 2 beef and capsicum skewers and ginger fried rice.

Did I mention the beef was so buttery soft and squishy and just melts in your mouth and it is the most tender beef I have ever eaten? I was medium rare and just perfect and delectable and so GOOD. I couldn't stop telling N how impressed I was with the beef xDD




The whole place was suave and classy; old songs and dimmed lighting, decor with a distinct Asian accent and of course, chirpy waitresses as is typically American (you gotta hand it to them, they have very good customer service).

Apparently it snowed overnight and N woke me up and dragged me outside to see it. Then I went back to sleep until 2pm wtf.

Watching Glee makes me want to eat Cheerios.

Tomorrow I'll be doing what I was supposed to be doing on Sunday.

No comments: