What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Hi From America!

EDIT: Photos added!


Hai gaiz! I is in America in a house covered in dog fur and empty beer bottles. I gots no pictures at the moment though. Batteries died on camera so it's charging as I type, and I'm not sure how to get them onto blogger...

So firstly, the first flight out was slightly delayed so the boarding time was pushed back 40 minutes. We still left at the same time and the flight was mostly smooth and fast.





I just have to say the entertainment system on V Australia, although smaller than Cathay Pacific, IS AMAZING. Midori, I ended up watching all the stuff we wanted to watch! The latest releases that practically just came out not that long ago such as The Time Traveller's Wife, The Ugly Truth, Harry Potter 6, The Young Victoria! I also watched Mao's Last Dancer and The Hangover. There weren't enough hours on the flight to also watch 500 Days of Summer, Julie/Julia, My Sister's Keeper, The Proposal and Up. By the way, that was just one category out of several =p


Already in American waters!





When I got to Los Angeles it was surprisingly hot. It was afternoon as well at 27C and I was very disappointed that there were no duty-free stores AT ALL. I suspect all of it is in the departure section. Note: Apparently there are no such thing as duty-free stores in America. WTF MAN.





Landing in LA, which was delayed a bit and we waited ages to find a spot to disembark. This was while in the bus that was to drive everyone to the terminal.




On the shuttle to the domestic terminals. I missed my stop lulz. Fail.






Came across a CPK (Californian Pizza Kitchen) which make really good pizzas, so I'm told. It was pretty late so I had dinner in the form of mushroom, pepperoni and sausage. The cheese was so good...and I was sad that I couldn't finish it :( LOOK AT HOW BIG THAT IS! Personal size indeed!






Getting on the United Airlines plane.




Bye LA. I'll see you again someday.









On the smaller plane to Albuquerque. Despite what you may think, this flight actually had a fair amount of people on it and the plane was slightly bigger than the ones going to San Diego. Surprising ya.

It was quite beautiful since it was night. The views were quite breathtaking and I tried to take pictures but they have nothing on the original with thy own eyes.



The first day Mr. N had to work T_T Screwed up his schedule a bit, so I didn't do much. That night I went to Walmart! N wanted to make tostadas.




Heat up the re-fried beans and cook your minced beef.



Lay out the tostada shells.



Make your guacamole. N makes his own version of it that he likes.



Goes with Mexican beer.







Then just put a little bit of everything on top and eat it like a mini pizza!

Come to think of it, I don't think I did much on the second day either. At night though we went out to eat at Spinn's, supposedly a restaurant that makes really good burgers. Personally I prefer the sweet potato fries :D

SO YUMMY!


Chocolate shake, tastes like the ones from Maccas. That's a good thing.



N's burger. Mine didn't have tomato sauce in it since I had relish which was sour too.



THE AWESOMESAUCE UBER SWEET POTATO FRIES LOVELOVELOVE.

Had them with ranch sauce and it really went well with the fries. Yeah. I want more. Like right now. Should've gotten a large serving.

In the meantime Porkie kept telling me off for being inside all the time. WELL SCREW YOU PORKIE, SOME PEOPLE HAVE WORK YOU KNOW.

And I did go out today. I went to the mall in the arvo and went shopping!




Driving driving everywhere...

I saw Forever 21 (jealous, M?), Victoria's Secret but I didn't buy anything because stock seemed kinda limited =/, Wet Seal (forgot to go in), Old Navy, SEPHORA?!?? (also didn't go in), Macy's...basically it's a blog stalker's dream.

GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT!!!

Actually I didn't get a lot. Epic fail.

Went to Walgreens to pick up cream for my eczema and got a nail polish. At Forever 21 I only bought a shirt, super short skirt but is so pretty and an outrageous grey satin alice band with a hugeass bow. I need an occasion to wear it, seriously.

I went into VS which was exciting, plus they had pj sets on sale! Clicky! But I didn't find the one I wanted (dark purple with snowflake VS logo) so I ended up not getting anything. It was a bit embarrassing with N hanging around as well, being a typical guy and not all that interested lol. Men.

I need Midori's help!! I wish she was here giving me fashion advice, telling me what I should get and shouldn't get :( Should I get a different set or order it online? I don't know sizes and stuff though :( The only ones they had at the store that I liked was the red with stars, white with stars and red plaid one. What should be my second choice?

I saw a pair of shoes at Dillard's. I'll need to find a picture but they were black leather booties with military style buttons. Heel was about 3 inches? I swear I've seen the style before somewhere. I was hesitant though because they were $59.99 (sale price) and were a bit stiff. I can sense a lot of chafing happening before I can break it in. Yes or no? I couldn't find the exact pic but it's similar to this but with military straps and there was 3 or 4 buttons.

Last thing I got was a very slouchy purple stripe long sleeve. It was cheap at $8 and would be very comfy if I was feeling lazy and cbb wearing anything fancy. I'm not too sure about it though. I might grow to like it, hopefully.




Then I got really hungry and bugging N to buy me fudz. It was cold outside so instead of walking to the restaurant we drove, but couldn't turn in and had to drive a circle to get in ~_~ The roads are kinda confusing...

It was a Mexican restaurant (maybe New Mexican?) Garduños which was warm and cosy. Totally unfamiliar territory here and the menu was overwhelming. I had no idea what I wanted to eat, I wanted a bit of everything to try. In the end, after the waitress came over several times to ask us if we were ready to order, I got a Carne Asada Chimichanga.



That. Was. So. Delicious.

Minced beef with cheese wrapped in a grilled tortilla (N was very disappointed I did not get it deep fried), topped with guacamole and a large creamy dollop of sour cream and served with sweet corn mash (o_O? the yellow blob at the back) Mexican rice and re-fried beans. YOU HEAR THAT M. I AM SO GETTING FAT WHEN I COME BACK. Om nom nom nom.


And that's all I have atm. Hmm. So I'll be going to check the other VS at the other mall some other time. Toodles!

15 comments:

Kevin said...

Lol why would you fly LA to San Diego? It's only at most 2 hours drive away~

Kevin said...

I LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES! I also like zucchini fries. :D

Serena said...

Yeah who knows. There were flights to some other places too but I don't remember what they were now.

Serena said...

ME TOO. IT IS SO GOOD WITH RANCH SAUCE. I don't think I'll ever eat them again when I leave...

Kevin said...

I'm so sad~ Forever 21 has hardly any guys stuff, which is a shame, because when they have a sale IT'S LIKE DIRT CHEAP! omg omg omg

Kevin said...

Shopping in the states is awesome.

Kevin said...

I'm so full~ Mum just made fruit salad... >.<

Miranda Kerr should totally open a VS store here. :O

Serena said...

Lol even Kebu is jealous =p

And yeah...stuff is pretty cheap but similar price to places like SES and Valleygirl. Slightly better stock here but.

Btw when I was at Forever 21 I saw 2 guys with overdone makeup. N says they're gay.

VS <33333

Kevin said...

lolol

Not emo make-up?

I need to think of a place to eat at. What's cheap and healthy in the city? I'm looking at quick and under $15 lol.

Serena said...

Yes, it was emo makeup.

Uh. Sumo Salad xD

ButterflyCoffin said...

Get the red plaid PJs.

Is it weird that I look at the shoes similar to the ones you want and think: 'Ewww, no, too girly.'?


Eeei, the food all looks so fatty. Well, have fun~! o/

Kevin said...

>.<

Kevin said...

Not weird, just queer.

Midori said...

HOLY CRAP FATTENING FOOD GALORE!!

Does N have a scale at home you can watch your weight gain XD.

But it's cool everyone gains weight during holidays and you gotta enjoy your holidays!!

I like the VS star sets but I think they all look quite pretty! The purple snowflake one is actually my least favourite out of the ones you mentioned =\

Never buy uncomfortable shoes. Remember those grey mary janes I wore to Albert's? They're not very comfortable so I haven't been wearing them enough times at all... But I guess since they're booties you can wear stockings with them heaps in America and break into them!

Btw if you see Jeffery Campbell shoes please notify me!!

Take more photos of you and N!! and purchases lol and the environment!

You didn't mention if it's cold there now?

Kevin said...

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Mexican food is awesome.