What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Charcoal Mine 6-12-09

Sorry guys I've been so busy lately working and then being too tired to do anything else after besides watching Glee so I haven't posted as I promised. Since the last organised event without Serena was the Korean BBQ I shall blog about that first although I still haven't posted photos from the vvn and S birthday party.

We went to Charcoal Mine which at first I thought was the original Korean BBQ place we went to before but turns out it is quite far from the train station. Luckily Josh was kind enough to pick me up from home and take me there. Food was all on Shu who was kind enough to sponsor us with his swear jar money.


Actual charcoal which had the disadvantage of not being evenly hot so stuff was burnt or undercooked.


Lots of plates of food!



Marweechi and Kebu sat opposite me while Corwee sat next to me on one side and Josh sat on my other side.

We had so many people (like 18?) we had to be split into 2 tables.


Kebu squinting XD


Grilling octopus (i swear this gave me food poisoning or the chicken)


VVn joined our table for a bit.


After eating quite a bit we went over to the other table to ind the boys cooking this MASSIVE amount of squid (I think they added calamari to it later as well) They managed to finish it ALL.


The other table: Norman, Quach, Shu (I have another photo of Shu!), Ray, VVn, Simon, Steven, Richard.


Steven unhappy without minglez. Actually he was telling me to eat that plate of cooked meat because he couldn't stomach any more meat lol.


A more complete photo of the table.


Table I was on. The 4 guys you don't recognise are D's Uni friends.

Yes there was something like 4 girls.... Corwee, Marweechi, vvn and me that's it.

Afterwards we didn't know what to do and we were in the middle of nowhere. Luckily we had about 4 cars so we drove to maccas. Actually ray and Josh drove the rest said it was within walking distance so they walked.

We went to Maccas and gathered lots of money and told Simon to go to the counter alone and buy 54 soft serve cones.

Yes much talk later we got the 54 soft serve cones served to us slowly 4 at a time.


Corwee enjoying the first one.


Eww Josh openned his mouth!


Some still waiting...


Josh was trying to give me some look or another.. then decided against it hence the weird face lol.


Only some of the cones. Couldn't wait for all of them to take a picture together as they started to melt!


Everyone eating away (and another photo of Shu!)


Look at Marweechi's face lol.


Corwee eating 2 at once cuz they were melting.


The um ice cream cone dragon? We were suppose to have 3 each but Norman ate SEVEN yes 7 ice creams. So I only had two (although at first I insisted on eating just one).


The head of the dragon with Pocky tongue.

After Maccas Shu insisted on going Driving Range at Olympic park but a few of us didn't really want to go but had nothing else we wanted to do anyway so we all got into the respective cars and went. Once we got there though some of us (mainly corwee, kebu, quach, josh and I) didn't really want to go in. We stayed outside sitting on Quach's car boot and rocking it for ages kicking dirt and not really going anywhere.

After a while Marweechi came out because she needed to go to her Auntie's place to help with the computer so I decided I'll go with her as well and we waked back to the train station (In my 12cm heels!!).

I heard the guys went home after driving range anyway.

That's all!

Oh and the next day I had very mild food poisoning (felt like puking, dizzy and my stomach didn't feel so food but didn't vomit or have diarrhoea)

I shall update some other time...

3 comments:

Serena said...

Omg all that icecream...and I was just telling n the other day that my friends were the type to get a gazillion icecreams rather than get drunk off alkie.

Vivien looks so pretty there :o

I missed out on a free lunch T_T

Always cook seafood and chicken properly!!

Serena said...

Glee is the shits :D

Midori said...

Yes indeed (for Glee) I'm almost up to speed!

I dunno the octopus was squishy inside the head... but kebu said it's like that... and we were cooking the chicken (fillets i might ad to easier to cook) for a REALLY long time...

Yes it's true we prefer icecream to alcohol XD and You missed it!