What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Eating Like a Tourist in Sydney Part 2

AHAHAHAHAHA the second part to the original post is so delayed man, but Midori is complaining about how I don't blog as soon as the event happens and I take forever so now I'll finish it off, fine T_T

I've been typing the whole day man. My hands are all jittery from the effort, and now I have to upload pictures too!


Alright so I left off on the first Saturday the day before we went out with M and Mr. D who I shall now call Mr. Dipshit.

I'm kidding.

So on Sunday we were going to meet at Circular Quay station to go and eat at Lowenbrau Keller which is famous for it's Bavarian food and frequently mentioned in Chocolatesuze.

You'll have seen all the images on M's post already but meh, anyway.

The former couple took ages to arrive, or maybe we were early, so N said hey look, lets go into this mysterious but beautifully historic-looking building in the middle of Circular Quay so I said okay o_O


This is actually a mini model of the CBD. It was cool o_O

Then the others arrived and we went to eat, by then I was freaking starving because we came straight from the hotel and didn't really have breakfast, so pork knuckle was going to be our breakfast!



This is a lame Midori who did not try a bier, but had a glass of water instead. N00b!





Pork knucle with mash and sauerkrat, nom nom. That layer of crackle was just so crunchy and hard, almost too hard. And very salty. Mmmm, would balance nicely with the biers.



This is a brezel. It is a Bavarian pretzel. Wasn't that special, just a crusty bread.



More nice noms. Uh, this was some sort of bread dipped in some sort of gravy. My memory fails me at this moment.



Midori excited about the pork knuckle!



End result of 4 very hungry people.



The music inside was really loud because there was a Bavarian band playing, complete with traditional outfits! This guy was playing the trombone. It was very amusing, especially when the drunk Asian chick started dancing.







Hungry hungry.

Guess where we went next?

For dessert!!!





*drool*

No wonder we're both fat.

I'm gonna keep the commentary to a minimum now because the photos pretty much tell you what went on during the day.


American coins, oohz.




Guylian Cafe has a really nice view of the Opera House, but only if you sit upstairs.




I'm pretty sure this was a coffee with whipped cream, but I must warn you not to drink coffee from Guylian because it's bitter as hell. You know that bitter but also SOUR aftertaste in your mouth from some coffees? Yeah. The coffee is really gross there if you have a refined coffee palate et moi (I prefer to drink only La Vazza and even Illy is alright to me). Ohohoho *snob*.

Needless to say, Starbucks is blasphemous to coffee culture.



Berry creme brulee with what looks like a pistacio biscotti, because I have never had creme brulee before. This was also disappointing because the creme brulee was NOT smooth. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but creme brulee is supposed to be similar to creme caramel and it should be SMOOTH. This was lumpy, and tasted like egg, not egg CUSTARD. Very disappointed, but the toffee was nice. This was something like $14?



This was Midori's, a chocolate lava cake of some sort? She has raved about it on her post.





This is already heaps of photos, so there will be a part 3 and possibly 4 too hehehe.

10 comments:

Midori said...

Mr Dipshit sounds good lol.

And it's bread dumpling! I didn't like it gross =\

wtf why do i have such exaggerated expressions in them all lol so much so that i see wrinkles. But my eyes look bigger i am gonna go buy glue and try that out next!

See you're so behind so much has already happened after this actual event.

You post too slow T_T

Midori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Serena said...

And you post double all the time =p

Kevin said...

I'm so jealous... T_T

Serena said...

Why are you jealous?

Kevin said...

DELICIOUS FOOD!

And you should be ashamed of yourself! No bier in a Bavarian tavern?!

Serena said...

Firstly, I had a 300ml or 500ml bier, Midori had none just water =p

Secondly, what do you mean Aphrodite?

Kevin said...

You should've added salt to the coffee. The saltiness counteracts the bitterness, reducing the overall sour aftertaste. They teach this is chemical engineering at USyd.

Serena said...

I couldn't be bothered to ask for salt OR sugar, but meh N liked it. I guess he doesn't know good coffee? =p

So, Aphrodite?

Kevin said...

Americans are weird.

What about her?