What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Money Seems to Slip Through My Fingers

Emailed Linea Pelle this morning and completed the credit card verification process, so they are going to ship the bags tomorrow and will prompty arrive sometime next week.

Here's to hoping that it will come on Tuesday so I can sign my own name off. I have never signed off my own packages! I guess I'll have plenty of experience with that in due course...

Just one day after receiving my Rudd money (that's UWS slang for the 2009 stimulus plan for taxpayers) I decide to blow a portion of it by shopping today, despite painfully saving up every dollar for the past few weeks. I really am horrible at this.

Another thing I'm horrible with is blogging! So I have a few photos to make up for it and hopefully there are people who still read Grongbit =/

Start of some minor backlogging.

Here is Elena Snow, my precious new Nokia E71-3 who is awesome rolled into one hand sized machine.

Photobucket

She saved my ass on Sunday 2 weeks ago for the reason below.


Photobucket

What I wore on Monday for my marketing presentation. It is very painful to attempt a presentation when your internet isn't working and it's a group project. Ruffled white blouse, navy Zara blazer, black pencil skirt, black stockings and my favourite black and silver ballet flats.

A few days after I cut my fringe since it was starting to get annoyingly long. I've cut my own fringe before so it was no big deal, I ended up with something quite good considering. When I have time (and when I stop thinking it's a ripoff), I'll get it properly done by a professional.

Photobucket

Not bad? Yeah yeah?

I also look younger. At this point in time it is a GOOD thing that can combat my wrinkles and dark circles.

I also purposely made it look like my hair is shoulder length, but I just brushed the longer lengths to the back. I think it adds to my youth to have shorter hair. I am debating whether or not I should cut it before July.

And here are the things I bought today after uni. I jigged my lecture for this under pretense that I needed to get home early to order dinner and I usually get home at 6:30pm, which was way too late if I stayed. Since I jigged, I ended up with too much time on hand so I went shopping.

Don't you love my logic? T_T

Was browsing the bottom level and went to Bloch because there was a sale sign on. Rule of thumb: Don't buy things that aren't on sale. Skimmed through the sale section and came across a plaid skirt. It was the last one standing and looking at the tag, it was a Medium. Without even trying it on, I bought it despite it being $30 (original price was $50 or something, which is so expensive for something made of thin plaid fabric!).

Photobucket

I think I have like, 3 versions of this style skirt. Plain, flared with a bow that you can tie and use to tighten. Sigh. The most flattering skirts I have.

This shirt was only $5! The downside is, I look ugly in t-shirts. But it had a nice design D: I'm a sucker for butterflies, florals and metallic finishes.

Photobucket


A waisted, studded belt. I saw it and did a flip, because belts that I like and look decent (read: not tacky or obviously fake like vinyl or some shiny surface) are usually expensive since they are designer or made with real leather. When I saw this at Valleygirl I immediately set to finding my size and buying it. $19.95.

Photobucket


Can't really see this properly, but it's a forest, dark mint green cardigan that is a really beautiful shade. I am wearing it right now as I type this and it is decently warm and looks good. Score buy! $10 down from $13.

Photobucket


All the fashion items were cheap in comparison to my next purchase at Borders. This morning I was sent a subscription with a coupon for a Nigella Lawson boxset.

Photobucket

Normally this box set is $99.95, which was already down considering each book was $50-60 each.

The coupon had it at $59.95.

Sweeeeeet.

So I saved around 50% on cookbooks. I wanted How to Eat, and How to Be a Domestic Goddess was an oldie that I wanted but changed my mind about, but hey I get both for the retail price of one.

Photobucket

So even though I was bad and spent some of my savings, I was still being frugal about it. I like that.

Ciao, bellas :)

No comments: