What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Am Trying Not To Neglect This

Good evening ladies and ladies. I've been meaning to blog about this last week, but better late than never. Especially since I'm going to be posting about J's belated birthday 'party', the package that arrived at my door last week and a failed domestic goddess experience.

Clickety clicky.

SO anyway, after work I met up with Minglez and Midori while they were shopping around at Myer, debating over a jacket for Minglez they found in a random rack. Naturally they wanted my opinion as soon as I arrived. Though the jacket was to my taste, we concluded that it just wasn't 'her', and that the dorkier grey one was =p

She bought neither in the end, but she still needed a jacket. Come to think of it, I never asked to see what boots she got...

Anyway we went upstairs to look at more shoes and I had a shocking relevation that I have flat feet (compared to M) and can't wear heels comfortably, while she can! Fmylife! That is SO unfair! I am scarred for life, literally!*

We did not buy any more shoes either and besides, Joshu was already calling us up wondering when we were arriving. We slowly walked to get him cupcakes as his birthday cake, but ended up getting an 85C log cake, much to the chagrin of Minglez who does not like strawberries.

J and his cake. He was not happy that we did this for him despite the smile you see :( He is deceiving!

Photobucket


Not the surprise type. We even got him giant candles! Not impressed.

Photobucket


And then we embarassingly sang 'Happy Birthday' really loudly at the gym. It made it to the front desk and they decided to report it.

Alright, maybe that was reasonable.

Mm cake.

Photobucket

Perfect 5 pieces for 5 people.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And then we 'worked' all the kilojoules off at the gym *cough*. WHat's gym without some fatty food to counter it :)


One Wednesday I got a surprising but not unexpected ring at the door and I had just woken up. Feeling kinda yucky, I had to open the door anyway and voila, it was as I thought it was. After signing my name, I carried the box in with glee.

Photobucket


Oh yes, Freya is just as excited as I am. Boy do I love getting packages, but I really should start waking up earlier so I don't open the door with morning breath and wearing pjs.

Photobucket

She spent the next half hour or so sniffing everything -_-

Photobucket

Photobucket


Opening the box! So happy!!!

Photobucket

*hearts*

Photobucket


A brown dustbag, and I immediately know that this is my mother's bag.

Photobucket
Linea Pelle Dylan in Amethyst.


Oooh it was quite lovely to touch, very smooth. And heavy. All the brass hardware sure makes it heavy! Mother didn't like it very much though -_-

Photobucket

Photobucket

Told you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Increasingly euphoria...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry, she was being cute.

Photobucket

EEK!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Linea Pelle Lola in Midnight


I took it out and I was slightly disappointed. But then I fluffed it up into the shape it was supposed to be and now, it is my favouritest bag that I love more than my LV!!! I've been using it for a week now and it still smells FANTASTIC like new, luxe leather. Mmmm...

I do not have a name for it yet! I need to come up with a name.

And it is quite roomy. And soft. And I stroke it everyday. And I loves it. It's a beautiful shade of dark midnight blue that looks black at first. I showed my friend Jasmin on Friday and on Monday she was like "Oh hey, it's blue!". Ahhh Jasmin, a lovely friend and occasional bitch (so she says, but I do not see it). She is nice to talk to and was my partner for advertising.

Anywho! I don't like the way I blog, I feel like I'm all over the place. Am I all over the place? Is it hard to read?

Yesterday I decided to make sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce. If anyone watches Masterchef Australia, yeah.


Photobucket

Chopped dates in boiling water and a speck of baking soda.


Photobucket

Eggs, sugar, butter, yeah basically the cake.


Photobucket

Mix it all up with dates and in the oven at 180C. Try not to use fan-force, I accidentally had it on high fan and it took 55mins instead of 40mins to cook. I tried to burn it, it didn't burn. Wow.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Making of the butterscotch sauce. It is really sweet and I put less sugar in it as well! Don't do what I did and substitute brown sugar with white: it does NOT taste the same. Get brown sugar.


Photobucket

Looks quite pretty.

Photobucket

Or not.

The top part where it went all crispy was lovely, but as I started eating the bottom I think I added too much water in the dates and it was kinda squishy. Yuck. I threw the rest away. Sad moment.

I had another one today and completely ate all of it. Go figure, maybe I wasn't that hungry last night.


And that is my picture post of the week. That took awhile, but I'm bored right now. I'm going to read Twilight now (blah, but entertaining nonetheless).


*Scars are from the permanent marks blisters have made at the back of my feet.

2 comments:

Midori said...

Wear stockings with heels in winter so you don't get blisters =)

I am adapted to low heels i don't wear like 7cm heels... I wear small like 2cm heels so that i get used to it. i'm traning myself up for future work days where i can indulge in some serious heels XD

I'll um... post on the weekend or something... my life is boring fmylife. Btw there's a new site called mylifeisaverage.com.

Serena said...

I read mylifeisaverage. It's lame, I prefer fmylife -_-