What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

*Free* Time

Hiya all.

Today I had to go into work to fill in for Sammi who left to visit China during lunch. So I had to wake up earlier than usual to get to the City in this weird cold weather.

Someone ordered a peanut butter and carrot sandwich.

...

I kid you not. My initial reaction was one of shock, but being the open-minded person I am I am not quick to condemn such choices, and can understand the strange, unorthodox taste of customers. Apparently the carrot balances the creamy, thick, fatty texture of the peanut butter so it's not so indulgent, coupled with the Asian philosophy of yin and yang in food; think mame daifuku, you bite into the smooth, soft mochi and sweet red bean paste, and unexpectedly hit a firm pea.

I'm gonna try a peanut butter and carrot sandwich too!!

After work, I went SHOPPING :)

I always feel like shopping on cold days. Hot days though, I don't even want to think about it.

Walked by Louis Vuitton and couldn't help snapping this:



Reminiscent of Microsoft.

I walked around Pitt St mall and ended up visiting SES. I really like shopping in the Pitt St one because it just seems to have more sales. I snapped up some bargain clothes coming to a total of $50 for three items!

I would have bought more...but I'm on a very tight budget.





Saw this adorable dress and I just had to have it, and at $25 it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately it makes me look...top heavy. But I wanted it D:




Originally I wanted something to go with a black dress, say for cold clubbing days that looks kinda elegant but also thin. This turned out quite well, and you can also wear it as is. $25.




I saw this on my way to the change rooms. I saw this at Parramatta SES but I thought hm, I don't feel like splurging on another white shirt. But when I saw the price at $9.95...

WHY NOT :D

And surprisingly it looks alright. I would've thought it makes me look fat, or at least top heavy. I wish the dress suited me better...it was already a size 14 for god's sake T_T It's gonna stretch in the wash, hopefully.

When the salesperson brought it up she said the black dress was on sale for $15! SCORE! So I bought the cream blouse anyway.

And I can be at ease knowing the dress that may or may not fit me cost only $15 :DD

After my happy spending, I went upstairs to Myer to see the new MAC collection released yesterday. I was greatly disappointed. The Dazzleglass I wanted turned out too pale, and I already have enough pale pink lipsticks and lipglosses. My absolutely favourite shade is Lustreglass in Love Nectar, and it's a permanent colour. I didn't end up buying anything from the collection. The blush was tempting, but I already bought a mineralised golden champagne one last week from the previous collection.


REMEMBER ME?!?? :D



I bet you do.

Yes, you're amazing speculative skills are correct. I went to Shu Shin Bou, for the fourth time.

...and why yes, I did buy a lot of stuff >_>



A pretty box deserves a picture on its own.





Shu Shin Bou's famous Daifuku.

I missed out on some of the flavours last time because it was sold out, and last week they got an order in!

All the flavours except green tea (because I hate it). From top row left, mango, vanilla chestnut, sesame, strawberry and black forest (and another mango <333).

Oh gods, I can imagine eating and orgasming.

o_O

TMI?

I'm kidding D:

And today I strolled Sydney with an almost full face of makeup. Had on my new highlighter and blush, and a pop of gold and mauve eyeshadow.





Also trying out my first waterproof mascara. I like it :D Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof in Blackest Black. It really does leave your lashes softish, and I like the traditional swirly bushy brush (I've only used combs and plastic brushes). No clumping, yet, and I think this works better than my holy grail mascara Covergirl VolumeExact in Blackest Black.

Considering I was supposed to stay home and do assignments...

Hurm.

Hm.

Who cares.

4 comments:

Midori said...

Omg that's the mascara i have! I like how it doesn't clump and it is soft. But with my tiny lashes they just won't do =( I don't think any mascara can ever get my lashes looking a lot longer and more volume... Anyway i do hate the fact that it causes shadow under my eyes after 3/4 of a day.

Did you go into LV?

I'm not a big fan of SES =\ i reckon valley girl makes better clothes than SES but the pitt street one is heaps better than the parra one. When i first saw that dress sideways i thought it was a sleeve XD. Looks like a shirt communitychannel wore for one of her videos.

I like the plain white blouse =) I want something like that! but all the ones i tried on don't look good on me -.-

Me want chestnut daifuku!

Eyeshadow is pretty =3 but you can't really see it when you're eyes aren't closed...

Hmm.. i should be studying...

Serena said...

Nah, there's nothing good in LV anyway. I'm over LV.

Did you get the waterproof one? I was sweating all day and my mascara didn't budge AT ALL. I'm buying waterproof ones from now on.

I like SES more than Valleygirl. Valleygirl isn't really my style, it's too casual (for me) whereas SES is more dressy.

The daifuku had a real chestnut in the middle!!!

Midori said...

Yeh i got the waterproof one.

I reckon SES quality is worse than valleygirl considering they're both same cheapness.

Omg craves chestnuts now...

Have you eaten all of them yet? How are they? I wanna know what the inside looks like! How much was the whole box =\?

Serena said...

Yeah some of the stuff is like, omg you wash it once and it'll fall apart. I usually pick the decent quality one (that white blouse is pretty thick material and not transparent like other cheapo white shirts!).

It's $25 for a box of 6 any flavour, $4.50 each without.