What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy belated new years everyone!!

This year went by in a flash for me. I didn't feel the christmas nor New Years cheer at all so haven't really felt like it's 2011 until now. For Chrsitmas I spent the time on a plane to Hobart then getting my first glimpse of Tasmania before having instant noodles and meat buns for dinner because nowhere is open on Christmas day in Hobart... More on that in another post (I will do a 6 part series on Tasmania! I have 500+ photos and no one to share it with except you guys >.>)

For New Years I spent it at a party without much new years festivities.... The fireworks just arent the same on TV! However I enjoyed myself immensely and celebrated it in our own geeky way. I also crashed at someone's house for the FIRST time!!!

Anyway new year is about reflecting upon the year and looking forward to what's ahead so I'm going to try and summarise this here.

At the beginning of last year (2010) I spent it with my then, not officially, bf. We spent 12 hours together camped out to watch the fireworks on some rocks at the bottom on bush tracks. Isolated from the rest of the world for 12 hours straight. It was one of the best and most magical 12 hours I have ever spent. I had a great start of the year with, who I acknowledge now to be, an amazing guy. I took a brave move and took him with me on a holiday before really knowing enough about him; very unlike me but I don't regret it now. He's been there when I cried, laughed very unlady like, gave me massages when I'm stessed, watched me sleep, fall clumsily and helped me up again. He has been my constant throughout the year and hopefully through this year too and I can't thank him enough for always being there for me.

To my friends who are always there when the situation calls. It always amazes me how on important occassions and parties we somehow ALL are able to get together. With everyone getting jobs this seems to get harder and harder but I love how when we do get together the friendship is just as it was before. It's funny to look at how we've evolved: from parties where several gaming consoles are set up and we all huddle and play games, to dressed in suits and dresses while huddling around Norman pegging a toy at him or making maccas runs for 50+ soft serve cones or 60 chicken nuggets. Many more people are graduating this year and I hope those who have graduated find great jobs!

I don't have any new years resolutions this year. They usually consist of losing weight or finding a job.... maybe I'll have better luck without new years resolutions!

Okay got to go now, Hope everyone has a great year full of lots of laughter and enjoyment!

No comments: