What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Unmotivated

It seems there's so many instances of me being unmotivated I might as well classify my whole life as unmotivating...

Anyway lately I feel like I'm in such a rut. I don't see my friends much, I'm not working, I'm not studying, I'm not exercising, I'm not doing anything much. Now I could selfishly shift the blame on to my crush who takes up too much of my time, my boss for not giving me any shifts, my lack of textbooks available this semester, enertia for making me not want to move and general holiday mood for everything else.

But.

I keep having this little voice tell me that I have to grow up now and stop complaining as much, whining and being generally annoyed at life.

While everyone else is getting internships, having multiple jobs and what not I've been living off previous earnings. I need a job, seriously. (Let's hope this isn't another one of my phases again...) Okay lets me realistic this time then. I want to get a job or an internship or volunteer work this semester. But I know some places aren't really recruiting right now so I'm going to promise that I will get a Christmas job to earn money all through uni next year. This may seem far away actually >.>. But yeh something.... The one reason besides laziness which has prevented me from doing this though is the lack of time then I'll have to spend with my crush. But I gotta start sometime.

Also I WILL attempt to apply for Youth Allowance. (And finish, even if I fail)

I will also get a driving instructor which seems quite important now especially if I move, I will really need to know how to drive. I will have some intensive more than once a week lessons which I will back up with lessons from dad.

I FINALLY today went to get my own medicare card and the other day I finally got my own debit mastercard (WOOT!)

I WILL finish the two agriculture reports and do a good job in the nutrition assignment and be more prepared, assignment/assessment wise, for the rest of this term.

I have decided before I have completed these tasks any big purchases will be put on hold until the end of the year. It's back to budgeting my weekly spendings and timetabling my days to avoid procrastination.

That skinfold test also scared me about the amount of body fat I am carrying so I think I should exercise more....

I also need to visit the dentist. All you ex- braces/new-braces wearing people have me considering braces now. That invisalign (?) thing. Does anyone know for sure that it isn't covered my private health care? If it's not I'll need to consider some considerable monetary damage. Hmm is my teeth that bad T_T

Cheers to a new (hopefully) more responsible, mature me.

I'll get back to you guys by the end of this week to see how much of this I have started!

I need some motivation people!!

MOTIVATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Serena said...

My mother is a firm believer that nothing ruins a pretty face like bad teeth. My successful aunt in Hong Kong and the actress that plays Sarah Walker, as a few examples.

You just have to get over your laziness and force yourself to start, anywhere. Once you start and feel proud of yourself you'll be more motivated to start more projects and before you know it your life will be full. Dude I'm waaaaaay lazier than you, you can do it.

I started with driving lessons, then working hard on homework and now I'm interning *shrug*

As for your crush, you have to make the decision to cut back on him or cut back on your life. I made my decision and N supports me in it though it makes him sad.

Now if only I can muster the motivation to exercise...

Kevin said...

DON'T GET INVISALIGN! It's expensive and takes a lot longer since it can only really close gaps. A better choice is self-ligating braces. They are around the same price as Invisalign I think, are smaller than traditional braces, only require a visit to the orthodontist every 3 months, and are SELF-LIGATING! This means they don't have rubber band thingos keeping them in place so they DON'T STAIN! Health insurance will probably cover $2000-3000 of it, which will cover the first lump sum payment, but not the monthly increments.