What the hell is a flying green song-rabbit?!

Grongbit (GReen sONG rabBIT) is the result of our nicknames combined. "Our" meaning the three founding authors. The flying comes from our guest-turned-permanent blogger, Butterfly Coffin.

And yes, rabbits can too fly, sing and be green.

Feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Summer Essentials

I wanted to do this post like.. over a month ago cuz I was so excited about Summer and all these summery clothes! Now I'm bored and looking forward to Autumn my favourite season! But I'm in a particular shopping mood after spending about $300 in the past 2 days..... So I thought I'll do a shopping post/how to be a bargain hunter/what I liked to wear this summer post.


My outfit while shopping and getting a good bargain. I find being in something comfortable and easy to take on and off is so helpful when shopping XD And if I like what I wear then I feel in a better shopping mood. I wear literally no jewellery when shopping incase I lose it while changing.
Too many photos after the jump:

Oh I DIY these pants. Spent MANY hours painstakingly ripping them with a blade (I feel I overdid it a little though) but the pants were old ones that had a bit of bleach on the butt. I am thinking of studding the back pocket but the thought of using another blade scares my fingers.

I was almost starting to get sick of wearing this T-shirt 5/7 days a week but I added my zipper bow and viola I now wear it all week long.

I went to General Pants Co the other day as I knew they were having a sale (from briefly browsing but not trying anything on on Thursday). I got in and went crazy trying on half a dozen items. These ones I bought:


Stussy sheer shirt. I like this I wanted a sheer shirt like this for ages! It'll go good with bikini at the GC when it gets cold =). $40.


I like my belt so super cheap $7.50. It's a bit emo/punk to incorporate into what I normally wear since most of my stuff is already a bit grungy but cheap. I got it at Supre which has amazingly cheap belts usually ranging from $10- $22 but when they're on sale they're only about $7.50-$12. They also have sizing for their belts so they actually fit me properly!! At @Topshop today I also saw some nice waist belts. Also I bought a belt from Ice before too for cheap although that store has the sluttiest clothing ever. Don't get me wrong I also hate Supre but I like their belts.

Shorts are from Forever New. I love that store. It has a lot of girly pretty stuff but not cheap enough for my bargain hunting self so I usually shop in the sale's section. Forever New recently had a massive massive sale where everything was like $20 but the store was a mess and massive queue outside the change rooms plus my mum was waiting so I didn't buy or try on anything but they had a nice watercoloured tulip skirt that I wanted! These shorts surprisingly weren't in the Sales section but they were relatively cheap at about $30 I think.


Brown/Grey Insight Blazer. It's a size 12 I think. The shoulders fit me alright though and it's light and just right for autumn/spring. Since i got such a large size for me it fits loosely like boyfriend blazer! $40.


Grey slouchy Stussy Cardigan. I really liked this the moment I saw it. It's thin enough to add a coat over for winter but comfy and warm enough to lounge around at home, put over a dress when it gets chilly at night etc. $50.


I like how it's super slouchy/long at the back


Infact so slouchy and the buttons are a bit weird I can wear it upside down for batwing sleeves!


Grey oversized Agent Ninetynine T-shirt. The moment I showed this to anyone their jaws dropped open with a "WTF??" expression on their face. My brother models the extreme rectangular-ness of this dress/shirt... (he only let me take a photo after I said I'll put a face mask on him). Even my dad was curious enough to put it on for a few seconds. My sister spent minutes prancing around in it.

However I saw the enormous potential of it being a dress!!


It could be off shoulder, low back or low front dress! I could even wrap it around as a scarf or shawl.


What really attracted me though were these scale like details on the sleeves. So much layering potential in this dress (I fail at layering though -.-) $30.

So all those 3 were from General Pants. BUT!! There was a "Buy one get one free on sale items" promotion on so I got all 4 of those items for only $90!! So super happy.

Since I was putting on clothes I ended up dressing up in various outfits in my room. Please excuse the shoddy camera quality. Dim yellow lighting in my room and dirty mirror....


Summer is not complete without pretty summer dresses! (I have such wide manly shoulders). I wore this dress out to Taronga Zoo on a date with my crush =). I got this dress at a random Asian store in westfields. The Fedora was from Portmans. I like buying cheap dresses because you can only wear a dress so many ways and somewhere along the line I get sick of it so I ALWAYS end up buying dresses when they're on sale. I was looking for a nice fedora for ages. I figured Straw fedoras were useless in winter so looked for a plain black one. Fedoras are priced almost always the same at about $10-$25. So I thought I'll splurge a little and buy this nice one from Portmans. It's soft enough to find into my bag and pops back into shape :D


I love pretty white dresses in summer but there's one major problem of them being too sheer since they're white. The lace dress on the left comes with a white slip but even the slip is too thin and it's still too sheer! Hence I have not found an occasion to wear it yet. (Maybe tomorrow at the beach over my bikini!). I Think it's the prettiest thing I own with it's pretty lacy/crochet detail. The other two are just another white dress and a white sheer blouse. I love sheer blouses but I have no guts to just wear it over a bra with nothing else. Actually I think that's all the plain white stuff I own...


I love T shirts in summer. I have 4 almost identical T-shirts all from Cotton On.. and one very ripped one. Slouchy T-shits are so comfy and airy and light to wear during summer and designed for people with no boobs like me! XD I like Cotton On T-shirts cuz they're quite cheap since they're so thin but they stretch in the wash so better quality ones are probably better.....


See my vests! I love vests... I want MOAR! From left to right: Valleygirl, China, Sass and Bide, Cotton On, China. I really like the denim Sass and Bide one since i wear Black too much so it brightens up what I wear a bit yay!


Shorts... I am starting to get sick of wearing skirts/dresses since they blow up in the wind so recently I've been wearing a lot of shorts. These ones vary from being bought in China, Bardot, Cotton On, Forever New and second hand from my cousin. Man I remember when my wardrobe was dominated by stuff from Valleygirl since there was a warehouse like store in my suburb. Now I try to vary where I buy my stuff from and not dress head to toe in something all from one store...


Summer will not be complete without a floppy straw hat!! and big sunnies! And slinky singlets!! I got this singlet at Bardot during one of Bardot's big sales. I brought like 4 items to the change rooms, waited 20mins to get into a change room only to find nothing looked that great... undeterred I bought this singlet anyway although it was 2 sizes too big. I now really love the studded heart design! Yay for me, I think it was $20 or less forgot.



I bought this super cute lace babydoll dress yesterday on my way back from the bank. From that Asian store next to Commbank? Forgot what it's called. I saw this in the window and had to have it! I think this is the first full priced item I've bought in a while.. but it was really cheap $25 so i bought it anyway. It's a bit too short though which I realised when I got home but it flares a bit so it doesn't look slutty XDDD

Muahaha now for my rings collection.


I think all of these are from Diva except the ring finger one which was $4 from ebay with free shipping.


The three wing shaped ones were from ebay. I think they were only $6 for all 3 rings including shipping with some free gift earrings and wire bracelets. The 'Nemo Nisi Mors' ring is Marc Jacobs from ebay as well for $20 something. Rest from Diva again. Besides the MBMJ ring I think all my rings are about $5 or less! I ONLY go into Diva when there's a sale on and only look in the sales section because I don't want to be temped by non sale items. If i do look in non sale items I look at them only after I've looked at sales stuff so I always feel $20 for any sort of accessories is a rip off wtf.

I have something like 20 rings...



I have about 22 bracelets/bangles. These are my more recent additions/current favourites. Yes I am still not over studs...


Sorry I got bored sitting at home on Australia Day and my camera just finished charging. Went out this morning for a "meeting" at the Granville RSL buffet for lunch. It was to elect a new leader for our small community of people from a certain province in China. I decided to put some make up on then felt it was such a waste if I didn't take some photos haha. I still really like my new fringe despite what some people have said! (my eyes look so big here yay for make up!)


Sometimes it's too hot so I tie up my hair and comb back the fringe. My hair's too long to do this now but you guys may remember a phase where I did this for perhaps a month when my fringe was in a inbetween phase. Now it's too short to puff up my hair at the front a bit.

The only reason why my eyebrows look so dark is cuz I had to draw them in. Yes HAD TO. I was trying to epilate my eyebrows because I thought I had mastered the art of using an epilator... I had not wtf and epilated off a corner of my right eyebrow. Not having learnt my lesson yet I continued to epilate and off came the inner corner of my left eyebrow..... Hence gotta fill it in now!!


I wanted to try a bun. Epic fail.


My other most favourite hairstyle right now to get hair out of my eyes is to braid it. After seeing too many fashion bloggers such as fashiontoast (I adore her) braiding their hair I set on the task of watching multiple youtube videos/How To tutorials to braid! I think I've finally mastered a presenable version. I feel so girly and childish in these braids but it keeps the hair from my face which is always a bonus.

Still there's bits sticking out since my fringe is too short but nothing a few bobby pins can't fix!

Yes finally my downloads are finished! No more procrastinating and camwhoring now haha.

Hope this was er.... insightful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank u :-) look at this emo boy hair over this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com

Serena said...

All your clothes are super super slouchy!

You didn't post about where the sales are :(